US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he actually wins this?

Fox News

Jared Kushner, the White House adviser under former President Trump, was nominated Sunday for the Nobel Peace Prize over his efforts in negotiating deals between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and other countries in the region over a hectic four-month period last year.

Reuters reported that Kushner and Avi Berkowitz, his former deputy, were nominated by Alan Dershowitz, the professor emeritus of Harvard Law School. Reuters called the deals the "most significant diplomatic breakthroughs in the Middle East in 25 years," and many Trump supporters said the media downplayed their magnitude in order to hurt his chances at reelection.

What are peoples thoughts on the covid relief negotiations with GOP?

Dems have been pushing the 2k checks since forever and if they decide to drop that down don’t you think the GOP will pounce on that for 2022?

What if he actually wins this?

Fox News

Jared Kushner, the White House adviser under former President Trump, was nominated Sunday for the Nobel Peace Prize over his efforts in negotiating deals between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and other countries in the region over a hectic four-month period last year.

Reuters reported that Kushner and Avi Berkowitz, his former deputy, were nominated by Alan Dershowitz, the professor emeritus of Harvard Law School. Reuters called the deals the "most significant diplomatic breakthroughs in the Middle East in 25 years," and many Trump supporters said the media downplayed their magnitude in order to hurt his chances at reelection.

On balance, he's not worthy of a Peace Prize, but in fairness those agreements were very positively received and can potentially go a long way in integrating Israel in the region.

It'd be amazing to see how Trump would react if Kushner suddenly were to receive the Nobel Peace Prize instead of him. You'd probably see Trump pushing Kushner out of every camera frame and yelling how he's the one who truly earned and received the prize.

Congresswoman Ocasio Cortez talked about hiding in a bathroom during the insurrection and hearing them shouting "where is she?". She thought she was going to die.

She then disclosed that she is a survivor of sexual assault, and talked about how that makes traumatic events even more difficult. Indeed. I feel sad for her, just awful.

I wonder if she also thinks Anderson Cooper eats babies and that there are some type of bird aliens called blue aliens or something......
:laugh:

https://us.yahoo.com/huffpost/anderson-cooper-qanon-conspiracy-theorist-110358791.html
Omg, I hadn't heard that yet! :huh:

View attachment 12789

I am Tom Hanks created covid to keep the lizard overlords happy
Bwah!

Still have nightmares of the U2 suu ki masks.

On another subject, I am enjoying having a President who isn't out golfing every weekend in the midst of a raging pandemic and economic crisis.
I know, what a concept! :ohmy:

I was just going to post that the Dems have started the cov19 Aid Package Debate
w OR w/o the Rethuglicans!!!!!

Oh, and I am...
George Soros who can shapeshift into a food stamp in the pantry of a Marxsit Pizzarie! :D
:hmm: might be useful...

Last edited:
They just discussed this on CNN. The guy who wrote it says he has iron clad sources. Obviously leakers who were there.

It sounds absolutely insane, will read later.

This was definitely the best part:

Trump was behind the desk, watching the show. He briefly left the meeting to wander into his private dining room.

People screaming at each other about overturning an election and he just wanders off to grab a hamberder.

People screaming at each other about overturning an election and he just wanders off to grab a hamberder.

I thought the same thing. I bet he did that often, he certainly wasn't working much.

In other news, I read today that Kayleigh McEnany is going to work at Fox News. Shocking!

You know it's really bad when Newsmax is shutting you down. My Pillow guy could benefit from some mental health intervention. He's probably a Q member too.

Dems showing some wisdom from years past with not budging on GOP covid relief proposal (Joe M saying Biden told him they don't want to go 9 months of pointless talks only to have GOP still vote no), hopefully lining up very compelling evidence (shouldn't be hard) for impeachment next week, and taking a vote in the House to strip MTG of her committee rights.

I would like to see them expel her, as that would have been the case if it were a Dem, or if it were ANY of us at our jobs getting caught with such violence and bullshitry

While it is a good lesson for them to take from 2009, they also are absolutely budging on Covid relief as a whole even if they ignored the counter-proposal from the GOP. It's already down from $2000 to $1400, and they're seemingly very interested in means testing it to the point where millions and millions of desperate people will be cut out of the relief.

there is less than zero chance of conviction in the impeachment trial. even if trump walked into the senate chamber and said "hell yes i sent them here to lynch all of you live on CNN and i'd do it again without question", the GOP senators would still figure out a way to justify it. they see what's happening to the house republicans who voted for impeachment and want no part of any backlash that could jeopardize their re-election chances, morals and democracy be damned.

Last edited:
They've been saying for a while that the first check will be $1400 to make up for the last check from Trump only being $600. This isn't a recent cave.

Not making any comment on whether or not it's enough (it isn't) - but this has been consistent.

Right. The $1,400 is to make the previous check add up to the $2,000 they originally sought in December.

Reading that GOP will now try to evict Rep Omar from her committees cause i assume she’s a scary Muslim

CNN says Rep Cheney could be punished tonight for voting to impeach Trump. Wtaf?

She should quit the GOP.

They are saying she comforted the enemy and is like a girlfriend in the opposing team's stands. How juvenile and demeaning.

I missed this somehow, but today I learned that the woman who was fired from her job for giving Trump the finger while riding her bike ran for a Supervisor seat in Loudoun County, Virginia and won.

The district she is now in charge of is called Algonkian, which includes the town of Sterling - the location of Trump National Golf Course.

Greene (Q-GA) is a stupid, garbage person in a stupid, garbage party who believes stupid, garbage things that should disqualify her from all employment, and the GOP has made room for Q in the way that they made room for southern segregationists after 1965, but it would be nice if we could talk about something other than her.

It would be nice if the Democrats would stop pretending they have “friends” Over on the other side and stop trying to negotiate a package that has over 60% support from Americans. You don’t lose elections passing legislation that popular.

But Chuck and Joe keep showing weakness.

There should be zero compromise with the Republicans at this moment in time. You are the majority, pass the ideas you ran on.

Greene (Q-GA) is a stupid, garbage person in a stupid, garbage party who believes stupid, garbage things that should disqualify her from all employment, and the GOP has made room for Q in the way that they made room for southern segregationists after 1965, but it would be nice if we could talk about something other than her.
Lol I wish the news stations would start doing that. Greene (Q-GA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom