US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that Trump will go away because he is pardoned. Nothing will make him go away, short of prison or death. He lost the election, and his pathological narcissism will make him obsess on that 24/7.

He cannot run in 2024. No way, no how. Yes Trumpism and all the evil it spawns will exist regardless. But whatever it takes to prevent him from running again, I am all for it.

To those who don’t potentially support a pardon for Trump, you do realize the likelihood he would ever be convicted of a crime for his tweeting is zero right? He’s on trial for something uniquely (un)presidential. Never let him hold public office again. That is justice needed to make peace. A pardon for a crime with no punishment other punishment is irrelevant. Let the SDNY prosecute him for the 99999 other crimes he has committed.

If the senate votes to convict and the pardon allows him to run in 2024 ... dont do it.

But if you grant him a pardon of no legal consequence, you clean yourself of this man and make him go away. If you come down hard on him and he’s still able to perform political theater, this man will continue to embolden extremism in America out of his own selfishness.

Let’s look at it as a pure political move.

Do you think after all the democratic base has done since 2018 they would see a Biden pardon as reward for their hard work? 2018 midterms were seen as a check on Trumps last two years, which arguably ended up being the worst.

The 2020 election was a complete rejection of Trump carried by mostly burbs and minority voters.

Does a pardon risk alienating them for 2022 or even 2024 when they see that’s all their effort went towards ?

We can agree to disagree but I’m strongly against giving this man any sort of out. Let it play out in the courts. If they convict him, great. If they don’t, i accept that too.

This country is in big risk of becoming a Russia type government. It took less than 10 or so years for Putin to take control and hes not going to lose it.

Yeah, I don't want him pardoned, either, whether he winds up going to jail or not. We need to draw a line in the sand, and this looks like a pretty damn good line to draw.

Plus, if Biden did that, that would turn off virtually every Democrat who voted for him. And it'd piss off the Democrats in Congress, too. I doubt he's even considering the option, myself, but if he were, I get the feeling there's a whole lot of people going, "No. Do not go there."

And honestly, I'm hoping/imagining Trump will be far too busy with whatever other legal battles he and his family will be dealing with to even have time to try and rile up his base. He has very few outlets left to speak from now, and he's in his 70s and he's not healthy. Whether he's convicted or not, pardoned or not, his time is over. We now need to turn our focus towards any younger Republicans who blindly followed Trump's lead, because they'll be more than happy to pick up where he left off, and they've got more years ahead of them to potentially do more damage. We need to stop them in their tracks next, and we can start that process by throwing them out of Congress and keeping them from running for any kind of political office ever again.

But yeah. Don't give Trump even an inch of what he wants as he leaves.

Some are listening to you. :)
[TWEET]1349376764863078400[/TWEET]

Wonderful :D. Feel free to make that permanent, guys!

On a lighter note, regarding Trump's impeachment, here's my favorite comment about it thus far:

https://twitter.com/jack98648525/status/1349526052339675136

In case anyone wanted some lols, apparently there’s a Bono impersonator who is also a Trumpster dumpster.

IMG_1166.JPG

Just when you thought stupid had a limit.

Trump doesn’t want to pay

tenor.gif

In case anyone wanted some lols, apparently there’s a Bono impersonator who is also a Trumpster dumpster.

View attachment 12766

Just when you thought stupid had a limit.

And he's in a cover band, so it's not like he can exactly claim that he just listens to the music and never paid much attention to the lyrics.

Wow. Yeah. That is...that is something else.

Trump doesn’t want to pay Rudy.

That would be just *chef’s kiss*

Aw, are they breaking up already? Gosh, what a shame.

Just imagine the amount of people who are going to get pissed when Trump stiffs them. And in Rudy's case, he'd probably love getting that money back to cover his own legal fees for any investigations into him.

I've also heard that apparently some of Trump's cult followers aren't happy with him, either, after the recent video he put out. They feel like he sold them out and are horrified at the idea that he may not care about them like he said he did.

So much schadenfreude right now, it's truly something else.

And in other news, apparently while Trump was being impeached he was giving the National Medal of the Arts to Toby Keith and Ricky Skaggs. Because, y'know, why not:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...f-the-arts-to-toby-keith#.X__t6C7TFPw.twitter

So Ivanka and Jared wouldn't let their Secret Service agents use one of the six bathrooms in their fancy DC house. Agents used a bathroom at the nearby Obama home. And the US taxpayers had to foot the bill for a basement apartment rental so agents would have a bathroom.

Javanka actually put a porta potty on the sidewalk, the neighbors were not happy about that

How rude and entitled

So Ivanka and Jared wouldn't let their Secret Service agents use one of the six bathrooms in their fancy DC house. Agents used a bathroom at the nearby Obama home. And the US taxpayers had to foot the bill for a basement apartment rental so agents would have a bathroom.

Javanka actually put a porta potty on the sidewalk, the neighbors were not happy about that

How rude and entitled

What trash.

But also, what wealthy people (like them...allegedly) would be ok with a disgusting, nasty smelling porta potty on the sidewalk in front of their house? Stinks of nouveau riche.

How rude and entitled

It’s like the plot to “The Help 2.”

They weren't over DC :nerd:

yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.

President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.

There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.

Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."

"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."

yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.
I believe the point of those planes being in the air was as a deterrent in case someone wanted to try and take advantage of us while the president is incapacitated, alas, it was entirely unnecessary as the president has been incapacitated since January 2017.

President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.

There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.

Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."

"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."
This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida

This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida

It's been said that there are more US military there now than in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. If that's true, what a sickening state of affairs.

I have a few ideas for a Trump sendoff-swift kick in the ass, pelt with rotten eggs, throw shoes at him, drag him out by that hideous hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom