US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert — who has vowed to carry her Glock across Washington, D.C., and was rebuked by the city’s police chief for saying so — caused a minor incident at a security stop at the U.S. House of Representatives Tuesday night.

The Republican reportedly attempted to walk through newly installed metal detectors, which sounded as she did. She then refused to turn over her bag to Capitol Police, who in turn refused to let her enter House chambers, according to reporters on the scene.

It’s not clear how the matter was resolved. Reporters saw Boebert enter the House to vote, but couldn’t confirm if she was allowed through with her bag. Boebert’s office did not respond to a request for comment answering that question.

Members of Congress are allowed to carry guns elsewhere in the Capitol complex, but not on the House and Senate floors. Boebert suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that she had a gun with her that evening.

“I am legally permitted to carry my firearm in Washington, D.C., and within the Capitol complex,” Boebert said in a tweet about the incident. “Metal detectors outside of the House would not have stopped the violence we saw last week — it’s just another political stunt by Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi.”

I assume there are cameras everywhere in the capital. So any accusation of members giving recon walkthroughs could be proven at least visually, and further that anyone who was led thru the capital also showed up the next day.

If Mitch does vote to impeach, and even crazier if it forces more senators to actually remove him from office before election or even convict after election, they better be willing to work with Biden admin on how to deal with the crazies coming from them

Stories are starting to come out that we hadn't heard yet that point towards potential involvement of other members of Congress and, welp, we're in for a hell of a week folks.

The Sammy Davis Jr lookalike rally organizer says it was Mo Brooks(the take down names kicking ass guy), Paul Gosar, and Andy Biggs.

Somehow I think Jim Jordan and Ted Cruz were involved too.

This certainly adds a little more credence to what Jim Clyburn said about the rioters ignoring the office with his name plate on it but ransacked his office which has no signage and is in an out of the way area.

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert — who has vowed to carry her Glock across Washington, D.C., and was rebuked by the city’s police chief for saying so — caused a minor incident at a security stop at the U.S. House of Representatives Tuesday night.

The Republican reportedly attempted to walk through newly installed metal detectors, which sounded as she did. She then refused to turn over her bag to Capitol Police, who in turn refused to let her enter House chambers, according to reporters on the scene.

It’s not clear how the matter was resolved. Reporters saw Boebert enter the House to vote, but couldn’t confirm if she was allowed through with her bag. Boebert’s office did not respond to a request for comment answering that question.

Members of Congress are allowed to carry guns elsewhere in the Capitol complex, but not on the House and Senate floors. Boebert suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that she had a gun with her that evening.

“I am legally permitted to carry my firearm in Washington, D.C., and within the Capitol complex,” Boebert said in a tweet about the incident. “Metal detectors outside of the House would not have stopped the violence we saw last week — it’s just another political stunt by Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi.”

she's going to jail

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1349371135973072902

https://twitter.com/nbcpolitics/status/1349379263074590721?s=21

Wow! A GOP person who sounds sane!!

But wait

She then goes on to blame both sides (violence on both sides of the isle), quotes MLK, and then says she won’t vote for impeachment.

Even if we purge the Q crazies we will still be left with a bad faith party. One that still shares similar goal as fascists which is to hold on to power. They know a pretty face (male or female) who sounds reasonable is their best chance ahead.

The next Trump won’t be a complete idiot

looks like the photo from goebert was from 2019.

still outrageous the company she keeps, but alas... not from January 5.

I think it’s a hell of a lot more concerning if she is pictured with a bunch of people who were arrested many moons later as it implies these people were organized and that tour was less of a tour and more of a scouting operation.

Sounds like that photo wasn’t from January 5th but back in December and maybe even in Colorado

I haven’t looked too much into it and have only looked at the small preview image on my phone.. still a concern of the organized nature of these people (unless they’re family or something).

Jesus, Boebert, shut the hell up and quit whining. That violence also wouldn't have happened if your party hadn't whipped them up into a deranged frenzy, so fuck off.

(Besides, aren't the GOP often the ones who, after every mass shooting, have said, "Let's just bulletproof everything and put more metal detectors and security everywhere!"? Yeah.)

If Mitch does vote to impeach, and even crazier if it forces more senators to actually remove him from office before election or even convict after election, they better be willing to work with Biden admin on how to deal with the crazies coming from them

Hopefully once the Democrats take full control they can just kick out all the crazies completely, and those crazies will be spending too much time in jail to be able to bother anyone else or try and rally people again.

If that happens, the next step will be trying to get Trump supporters to come back to the land of facts and logic and sanity again. I don't know how easy it'd be to do such a thing on a grand, nationwide scale, but maybe the Biden administration should hire a cult deprogrammer.

He is such a pacifist

President Donald Trump released a statement amid House debate over his impeachment on Wednesday afternoon, urging against further violence and unrest in the nation’s capital and across the country.

“In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind,” Trump said.

“That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for,” he said. “I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.”

The president’s statement was first issued to Fox News and subsequently distributed to reporters via the White House press office.

The Republicans who voted to impeach

Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming

Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio

Rep. Jamie Herrera-Beutler of Washington

Rep. John Katko of New York

Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois

Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan

Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington

Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina

Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan

Rep. David Valadao of California

No way would i support that. Nixon being pardoned is one domino that kicked off to where we are today. There needs to be justice for there to be peace. Giving a pardon to this man would send the wrong message even if the intention behind it is to bring unity.

Let him deal with the consequences of his actions.

We have a huge issue in this country of one election away from a gross, fascist, crazy party ruling over us. A pardon shows that the last four years (and Past pardons for things like Iran Contra) keeps these characters coming back.

Trumpism is a threat no matter what Biden does. We have to root it out like we would any other terrorist organization. Bleed it dry financially and thru court of law

To those who don’t potentially support a pardon for Trump, you do realize the likelihood he would ever be convicted of a crime for his tweeting is zero right? He’s on trial for something uniquely (un)presidential. Never let him hold public office again. That is justice needed to make peace. A pardon for a crime with no punishment other punishment is irrelevant. Let the SDNY prosecute him for the 99999 other crimes he has committed.

If the senate votes to convict and the pardon allows him to run in 2024 ... dont do it.

But if you grant him a pardon of no legal consequence, you clean yourself of this man and make him go away. If you come down hard on him and he’s still able to perform political theater, this man will continue to embolden extremism in America out of his own selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom