US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh

Politico.com

Trump to award Bill Belichick the Medal of Freedom this week, amid House impeachment push.

The president is taking last-minute advantage of the powers of his office, even if his hold on it is slipping.

Because we can't be all Coup d'Dumb all the time...

Look it's Andrew Yang's chances of becoming mayor of new york...

https://twitter.com/scottbix/status/1348610675870937088

mgid:arc:content:shared.southpark.us.en:b1ede551-1aba-419e-9812-06fc24fb6fd7

Imagine replacing our Cambridge-raised, car-loving, I'll-drive-from-Manhattan-to-Park-Slope-at-lunch-to-go-to-the-gym mayor with this guy.

Last edited:
I may be totally wrong... I often am... but things might be happening.

The Marine helicopters are hovering over the Naval Observatory. That's odd.

Two are normally only reserved for POTUS. And Pence would typically be driven.

Entirely possible it's just an extra security precaution in light of the increased threat.

Last edited:
What a shambles operation this whole administration (predictably) turned out to be.

Two Capitol police officers have been suspended, 10-15 others are being investigated for their actions.

Holy crap, the FBI warning about possible plans. Armed protests in every state and of course in DC. Going after Biden and Harris. And more.

Seems like the entire GOP government is scared of what Trump is going to do next.

They don’t want to invoke 25th out of fear of retaliation.

Impeachment is going to drive him insane, even if Senate won’t remove.

Worst of all, not having his Twitter is what will end us all

Seems like the entire GOP government is scared of what Trump is going to do next.

They don’t want to invoke 25th out of fear of retaliation.

Impeachment is going to drive him insane, even if Senate won’t remove.

Worst of all, not having his Twitter is what will end us all

Retaliation. Seems very civil war-ish.

The right decision

"Recently, I was offered to the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients," Belichick said in a statement released Monday night. "Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy."

Belichick said his experiences in talking about social justice with members of the Patriots helped contribute to his decision.

"I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team," he continued. "One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

Two Capitol police officers have been suspended, 10-15 others are being investigated for their actions.

Holy crap, the FBI warning about possible plans. Armed protests in every state and of course in DC. Going after Biden and Harris. And more.

? Is mr Law and Order ready to stay true to his words about a peaceful transition?

Good to see an armed insurrection was the line for Bill Belichick.

Four years of lies and racism? We're cool.

Coup attempt? Nah bro.

I completely agree with that. He wrote that letter for Trump in 2016 that Trump read in NH. Then he said he's not a political person, that he was friends with Trump and just being a loyal friend. Write that letter and Trump reads it at a political rally, that makes it political.

I'm not blindly loyal to my friends, and principles are more important than loyalty to friends. It's the same gross way that Tom Brady dealt with his friendship with Trump too.

Not to mention everything Trump said about kneeling football players.

Talk about adding insult to injury. At least two members of Congress have tested positive for covid since the insurrection.

Reports are that Republican members refused masks and scoffed at those who were wearing them when they were all in hiding from the invaders.

How about the depraved individual (s) who carved Trump into the manatee in Florida? It's being investigated, don't know how they will ever get caught unless they bragged about it. Or posted it on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom