US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2021, 05:27 PM   #741
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
To me, this seems like the perfect pretext to get rid of the filibuster.

Which they should do.

Agree.

But you have Three senators who say they’ll never do it (I’m unsure if they’re playing politics or truly mean it).

What we have discovered over the last few years is that our constitution only works if we have people of high character, morals, and other redeemable traits.

Why have impeachment and 25th Admt if not for someone like Donald Trump

Old 02-13-2021, 06:02 PM   #742
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Agree.

But you have Three senators who say they’ll never do it (I’m unsure if they’re playing politics or truly mean it).

What we have discovered over the last few years is that our constitution only works if we have people of high character, morals, and other redeemable traits.

Why have impeachment and 25th Admt if not for someone like Donald Trump

West Virginia is going to have a spaceport and free everything.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:43 PM   #743
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I agree with this.

Impeachment was never going to happen with this GOP.

Pursue Trump criminally for one of 342 possible things separately and move on with legislating.
Specifically, not immediately going on vacation would be a good start. Not having the Delaware senator you circled the wagons around to defend from a challenge from a young progressive in the primary come out and say "Everyone wants to get home for Valentine's Day" would also be a good start.

Wrapping up the impeachment itself isn't the problem, it's not following it up with something that makes it clear one party is actually going to do something for you.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

https://twitter.com/geoffrbennett/st...737649666?s=21

Then there better be production from this congress otherwise you’re not going to have the turnout necessary to overcome the voter suppression

https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/sta...928029697?s=21
Old 02-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Specifically, not immediately going on vacation would be a good start. Not having the Delaware senator you circled the wagons around to defend from a challenge from a young progressive in the primary come out and say "Everyone wants to get home for Valentine's Day" would also be a good start.
Truly pathetic.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #746
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:43 PM
Teflon Don I guess.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #747
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Teflon Don I guess.

I agree but

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...399574018?s=21

Maybe, we’ll see
Old 02-13-2021, 11:42 PM   #748
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:43 PM
Seriously, please, God, someone finally needs to slap the goddamn cuffs on this asshole. I am so incredibly beyond sick and tired of seeing him get away scot-free.

I'd also love for some state investigation to take down his sons, too, to knock the smugness off their stupid faces and shut them up. And yes, every single Republican who voted to acquit needs to be removed from office, too, and if possible, barred from ever running for any kind of office ever again.

I also think that anything the GOP says going forward about the Biden administration, be it criticism or commentary or whatever else, should be ignored by every legitimate media outlet imaginable. They don't deserve to have their voices heard on anything. And Biden and the Democrats should just go ahead with whatever policies they plan to enforce and not even bother to hear the Republicans out.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:58 AM   #749
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Seriously, please, God, someone finally needs to slap the goddamn cuffs on this asshole. I am so incredibly beyond sick and tired of seeing him get away scot-free.

I'd also love for some state investigation to take down his sons, too, to knock the smugness off their stupid faces and shut them up. And yes, every single Republican who voted to acquit needs to be removed from office, too, and if possible, barred from ever running for any kind of office ever again.

I also think that anything the GOP says going forward about the Biden administration, be it criticism or commentary or whatever else, should be ignored by every legitimate media outlet imaginable. They don't deserve to have their voices heard on anything. And Biden and the Democrats should just go ahead with whatever policies they plan to enforce and not even bother to hear the Republicans out.
You and me both!! I would love to see everything you said come true, sadly I don’t think any of it will happen! I mean I expected trump to be acquitted so this was no real surprise but it’s still a huge disappointment. There is no hope with these republicans! And trump is getting away with murder pretty much! Let’s hope the DOJ investigates this punk and finally someone holds him accountable. Sadly I don’t even think that will happen!
Old 02-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #750
Blue Crack Addict

This guy sounds unhinged. Yes Biden said he would fire people for such things, not off to a good start. Should have been reported to Biden right away.

The Hill.com

TJ Ducklo, a deputy press secretary in the White House, resigned from his position on Saturday amid controversy over threats he made to a reporter for Politico.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement Saturday evening that the White House accepted Ducklo's resignation after a discussion with him. Ducklo had been suspended on Friday after Vanity Fair reported that he threatened a Politico reporter over a story she was pursuing regarding his relationship earlier this week.

"We accepted the resignation of TJ Ducklo after a discussion with him this evening. This conversation occurred with the support of the White House Chief of Staff," Psaki said. "We are committed to striving every day to meet the standard set by the President in treating others with dignity and respect, with civility and with a value for others through our words and our actions."

Ducklo in a statement released through his Twitter account said that he regretted his behavior, calling the language he used "abhorrent, disrespectful, and unacceptable."

"I am devastated to have embarrassed and disappointed my White House colleagues and President Biden, and after a discussion with White House communications leadership tonight, I resigned my position and will not be returning from administrative leave," Ducklo said.

"I know this was terrible. I know I can't take it back. But I also know I can learn from it and do better. This incident is not representative of who I am as a person and I will be determined to earn back the trust of everyone I have let down because of my intolerable actions," he continued.

The White House had defended its decision to suspend Ducklo for one week without pay on Friday, but the move spurred questions given Biden's warning to staffers on his first day that he would fire anyone who disrespected a colleague.

"This in our view was an important step to send the message that we don't find this acceptable," Psaki had told White House reporters at a briefing Friday afternoon.

According to Vanity Fair, Ducklo, who served as a spokesman for the Biden campaign before joining the White House, warned Politico reporter Tara Palmeri in an off-the-record conversation that he would "destroy her" if she published a story about his relationship with a reporter for Axios, Alexi McCammond. Ducklo also reportedly made misogynistic comments and accused Palmeri of being "jealous" of their relationship.

The relationship was disclosed earlier this week in a favorable profile by People magazine. McCammond covered the Biden campaign but Axios said she was taken off the beat in November after disclosing her relationship with Ducklo.

Psaki said Friday that Ducklo apologized to Palmeri following the conversation. She also said that Biden had not been consulted in the decision to suspend Ducklo but that chief of staff Ron Klain had been consulted in the decision.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:09 AM   #751
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:43 PM
He needs to not respond like an asshole, especially considering what his position was.

Politico should also not be reporting on somebody's personal life unless it involves some sort of abuse or wrong doing.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

Also it's nice to talk about getting rid of the filibuster, but two Democrats don't support it so it's not happening.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
He needs to not respond like an asshole, especially considering what his position was.

Politico should also not be reporting on somebody's personal life unless it involves some sort of abuse or wrong doing.
The Vanity Fair article says that Politico had the right to report on their relationship because it falls under the ethics issue of a WH official and a journalist having a personal relationship. She was reporting on the Biden campaign, don't know what she was officially reporting on after Biden was elected.

The VF article gives more details about other things Ducklo said to the Politico reporter. It was completely inappropriate. Sounds like something Trump would say, honestly.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:18 AM   #754
Blue Crack Distributor

She was taken off the beat in November. Unless either one of them abused their position in about ways? Who cares if they were dating.

If she buried a negative story? If he was feeding her information? If either one was abusive to the other? That's something with investigating.

Short of that? It's not news.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Also it's nice to talk about getting rid of the filibuster, but two Democrats don't support it so it's not happening.

Maybe the acquittal can be justification for these senators to nuke it. Saying they thought the other side of isle could be reasonable but failure to see the facts shows we won’t be able to do our jobs the next two years. We have no choice...

Cause if they can’t get rid of it then next to none of Biden’s agenda gets thru. We need the voting rights act passed ASAP.

Or we just accept that American democracy is basically dead and it’s a slow March to Republican rule
Old 02-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #756
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

We’re building a permission structure. The GOP does this all the time.

Like for white guys who want to vote for Trump and want to convince themselves they aren’t doing it racistly.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
This guy sounds unhinged. Yes Biden said he would fire people for such things, not off to a good start. Should have been reported to Biden right away.

The Hill.com

If I recall correctly, same guy who has been battling stage 4 lung cancer despite not being a smoker and being like 20 years under the typical age of diagnosis.

I’m not excusing his behavior, but I’d forgive the erratic display and just accept that he made a mistake and thankfully the administration stuck to its word.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

Lindsey Graham-"Lara Trump represents the future of the Republican party"
Old 02-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #759
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Exhibit #540 as to why Ronald Reagan’s classic quote remains true.....”If fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the form of Liberalism.”

Classic.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #760
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:43 PM
The GQP needs to be broken down, destroyed and rebuilt by individuals who will work in good faith with others. It's been decades (centuries?) since the party has had anyone but their own interests in mind, and they will bend over at a moment's notice for wannabe autocrats like Trump if they see that it strengthens their grip on American politics, so shutting them out and minimizing their input is for the good of the American working and middle classes.

If the "suck it up, buttercup" and "fuck your feelings" crowd is going to shit themselves and scream fascism the moment they have their power taken away from them, experiencing consequences for years of spitting in the face of facts and reason while backing a selfish, narcissistic, anti-American demagogue, all the better! I enjoy it. I respect their perspective even less than I did their disgraced orange god.