US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no reason to believe he’s suddenly an evangelized liberal.

He’s the enemy of my enemy and therefore my friend, and I have no desire to talk shit not praise him. He is the old normal we took for granted.

MTG is despicable, it sickens me that she is in Congress.

Just saw that the Capitol police chief is warning that militia groups want to blow up the Capitol when Biden addresses the joint session.

Also March 4th is next week. DC Trump hotel reportedly jacked up their rates for March 4th. Not that they would ever want any association with such people and events.

Last edited:
That may not save him but his odds are better running in a presidential year. Where he'll try to coattail after 4 years of "pragmatism".

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1365095635985129474?s=21

It’s still early but not looking promising after so much celebration winning back Congress and Executive

Covid relief will be a big win. Getting covid under control might be bigger (and it is obviously from a humanitarian/society point)

But the crazies are rigging the game and once they’re back in power they’re gonna wipe everything out

These two tweets sum it up best: both moral and political malpractice by Biden and the Democrats. Indefensible.

[TWEET]1365145713240383492[/TWEET]

These two tweets sum it up best: both moral and political malpractice by Biden and the Democrats. Indefensible.

there's just no killer instinct at all there and they're going to squander the opportunity. the current leaders of the democratic party are too old and ill equipped to deal with this new era of politics that, for better or worse, has developed in the 21st century.

Last edited:

Not sure Biden deserves your wrath on this one, its out of his hands at this point. Democratic leaders in Congress, absolutely.

I don’t see how using their power causes any negative backlash ? Their legislation would help people. It’s widely popular.

The other side can’t even debate policy anymore, it’s culture war bullshit. No one cares.

People want more $$$ and to live a comfortable life.

Help them achieve that!

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1365101601065734144?s=21

I’m willing to bet that Joe didn’t win on the promise of protecting the Byrd Rule

It still amazes me that people don’t understand how the geographic-based imbalance of power in the Senate affects how Senators from purple states or even deeply Red states are able to vote. We are, in a 50/50 world, better off with Manchin than the alternative, full stop. The alternative would be a Trumpist. There’s really no debating this. Manchin is old, but he has ancestral Dem claims that have kept him in office, and he’ll at least get us somewhere. If you want to get something done, these Senators must be catered to.

But, yes. The Byrd rule is a bullshit excuse. Also one he probably needs.

Agree. The Dems have too big of a tent.

I think it’s good to have differing views, but we aren’t in normal times. Biden winning only stopped the bleeding a bit.

If Joe M and others don’t see the threat that faces the country then they really aren’t any better than a Trumpist.

I don’t think this is the right play either

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1365323236968456200?s=21

I hope Biden and the White House are in constant talks with the two senators on what it would take to get them to let things through.

Last edited:
Also not for nothing I'm not sure Diamond Dave is the best source. Good singer and all but he's lost a few marbles.

8Acf.gif

Agree. The Dems have too big of a tent.

I think it’s good to have differing views, but we aren’t in normal times. Biden winning only stopped the bleeding a bit.

If Joe M and others don’t see the threat that faces the country then they really aren’t any better than a Trumpist.

I don’t think this is the right play either

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1365323236968456200?s=21

I hope Biden and the White House are in constant talks with the two senators on what it would take to get them to let things through.
Piss off the purple state moderate senators, and/or get them to go lock step (and risk losing their seats in 2022) will get the Democrats nowhere.

It's harder for Democrats than republicans to get stuff done. It's harder for big sweeping quick wins. No shit. We all (most of us) knew this going in. This is why debating for months during the primaries over which farther left than what we have insurance program was left enough was so incredibly dumb, because it does not matter. Unless you have a larger majority, things will need to change incrementally. That may not be ideal, but it's reality.

Push for small wins and continue moving the discussion to the left one day at a time. Win the long game.

Push for small wins and continue moving the discussion to the left one day at a time. Win the long game.

Yes. Pass legislation that is objectively popular and easy to message (for a party notoriously shit at messaging). Rack up W’s where you can, and get to 52 seats in 2022. Then the big stuff can start to happen.

I’m in agreement

But how do you stop the game from being rigged ?

We had massive turnout in 2020 and Dems still lost seats in the house.

I’ve heard the senate shapes up nicely for them in 2022, but we all know the Dems have been really bad at messaging and the game.

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1365345154152988676?s=21

It’s going to take another massive turnout in 2022 to hold congress.

Piss off the purple state moderate senators, and/or get them to go lock step (and risk losing their seats in 2022) will get the Democrats nowhere.

It's harder for Democrats than republicans to get stuff done. It's harder for big sweeping quick wins. No shit. We all (most of us) knew this going in. This is why debating for months during the primaries over which farther left than what we have insurance program was left enough was so incredibly dumb, because it does not matter. Unless you have a larger majority, things will need to change incrementally. That may not be ideal, but it's reality.

I don’t know why any of you are shocked that Democrats are not keeping their campaign promises. I mean, “Hello”, this is nothing new. If you recall, candidate Obama was WAY different than President Obama as just one recent example.

Guys, Democrat politicians don’t care about you, your beliefs, or people in general for that matter. They care about themselves and getting elected and re-elected.

That’s why anyone who isn’t a Democrat is not surprised by any of Biden and Congress’ action or inaction.

Oh, they do care about one more thing, their foreign interests be it China, the Middle East , wherever. That’s why it’s not shocking that we bombed Syria again. The world knows that Biden and the Democrats are weak, and the Bank of the United States is back open to take care of everyone in the world except Americans.

Yes. Pass legislation that is objectively popular and easy to message (for a party notoriously shit at messaging). Rack up W’s where you can, and get to 52 seats in 2022. Then the big stuff can start to happen.

If you don’t get something done in the next 2 years there’s no Ws to rack up

If you don’t get something done in the next 2 years there’s no Ws to rack up

Agree. It feels like this is a 2 min drive to end the game and unfortunately we have Donovan McNabb at QB puking all over his teammates in the huddle.

Granted, we're only a month in (it feels like a year since 1/20).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom