US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea, if it actually gets done

(CNN)The Biden administration announced several changes Monday to the Paycheck Protection Program in an effort to reach minority-owned and very small businesses that may have previously missed out on accessing loans to help weather the coronavirus pandemic.

Starting Wednesday, small businesses with fewer than 20 employees will have a two-week exclusive window to apply for the funding. Bigger businesses will be blocked during that time period.

The administration will also change some eligibility rules, effective the first week in March. The self-employed, sole proprietors and independent contractors can now qualify for more money. They previously were excluded altogether or received as little as $1 because the loan amounts were calculated based on the number of employees.

The loan program will also open up to small business owners with non-fraud related felonies, those delinquent on their federal student loans and some non-citizen residents, such as Green Card holders or those in the country on visas -- all of who were excluded earlier.

"While the Paycheck Protection Program has delivered urgent relief to many businesses across the country, the initial round of PPP last year left too many minority-owned and mom and pop businesses out while larger, well connected businesses got funds quickly," said an administration official on a call with reporters Sunday.

Snowflake is adorable. Supposedly Ted's security detail was taking care of Snowflake. Can't imagine they were staying in the freezing cold house with the dog the entire time.

According to some in the GQP

The attack on the capital wasn’t Trump supporters, White Supremacists, or Conspiracy nuts

It was antifa and other false flag operations to hurt Trump.

And other members want the Guard and fencing taken down immediately cause yeah there’s no threat at all anymore!!

According to some in the GQP

The attack on the capital wasn’t Trump supporters, White Supremacists, or Conspiracy nuts

It was antifa and other false flag operations to hurt Trump.

Was fist-pumpin' Josh Hawley with them?

it's both shocking and not surprising how brazen and shameless the gaslighting attempts are. sadly it's working like a charm on a large number of people.

It would sure be nice to get something passed to get some positive news to compare this administration to the last one in the minds of the American public. Still nothing on COVID relief, nothing on the minimum wage fight, nothing on debt relief, and some worrying signs on immigration. We're already a third of the way through the first 100 days.

Don’t worry, Chucks got a flip phone to keep everyone in line....and then people wonder why AOC has such a big following with all of her social media expertise!

I read that covid relief may pass in middle of March. I know we had the impeachment trial but seems like things could have progressed a little faster....and who knows if the two Dem senators who refuse to budge on filibuster will even vote for it.

Bernie seemed to think they could get the min wage passes through reconciliation which would make its chances higher, but again it all comes down to AZ and WV senators

Immigration....i honestly don’t know the answer to that one. I know some are for open borders but i can’t see that being a winning policy for democrats. There’s still separation going on at the border but at least on the surface it’s not the same cruel policy by Sessions and Miller. I mean what do you do with children who’s parents are a threat to their lives or don’t even have parents with them at all? Where do they go ?

Theres also the student loan debt priority and I’m at the point where if eliminating it all keeps the Dems in power they should do it. The GQP always cuts taxes every time they’re in charge and we know it benefits very few. Why not give a gift to society that’ll help those struggling the most ?

The arrogant pos that keeps on giving

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ted-cruz-phone-capitol-riots-hearing-b1806270.html

"Zero respect’: Ted Cruz pictured scrolling through phone during harrowing opening testimony into Capitol riot"

If we can return to a new normal, meaning any progress from where we are at now. Indoor dining, gyms, crowds at sporting events, that’ll look great in the Biden administration

Tho the GQP will try to spin it as 2020 was a great year and now we’ve entered into authoritarian rule!!!

Beating back covid will be a great victory for Biden.

It won’t matter tho if 60% of States suppress the vote.

Unfortunately someone like Joe M won’t care about how he’s viewed by history. He’s set financially and so are his children. There’s no real immediate threat or consequence to him

We’ve seen this in the GQP, they don’t care if the world burns down. They only care about holding on to power.

Unfortunately someone like Joe M won’t care about how he’s viewed by history. He’s set financially and so are his children. There’s no real immediate threat or consequence to him

it has nothing to do with his historical legacy, it's just pragmatism. he's a democrat in a state that voted 70-30 for trump and presumably also wants to keep his job beyond 2022. if he just agrees to everything the admin/party wants without fighting to get anything tangible back for his state he's going to get demolished in two years by a trumpist republican, and we'll be right back to a GOP senate obstructing literally everything.

his hope of being re-elected basically hinges on being able to say to WV voters "see, i didn't just rubber stamp the biden administration/leftist democrats agenda, and isn't that new interstate great?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom