US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1362543273064222721?s=21

This isn’t on this Joe, but the one from WV (and the gal from AZ)

It’s just a different dynamic on the Democratic side vs GOP. The latter will say some things that give you hope they’ll stay more center, but then vote party line no matter what
100%

It's admirable that Democrats fight for what they believe in, and sad that so many republicans simply fall in line no matter what.

But as long as one side is in lock step, the other side will never accomplish anything unless they a) compromise within their own ranks, or b) break the other side.

imagine dishonestly throwing your two young daughters under the national media bus like that just to preserve your own reputation. god almighty what a sack of shit that lizard is.

imagine dishonestly throwing your two young daughters under the national media bus like that just to preserve your own reputation. god almighty what a sack of shit that lizard is.

I mean, this is the same guy who, after Trump insulted his wife during the 2016 campaign, decided that yeah, it was totally better to become his lap dog instead of tell him to fuck off forever.

So this move doesn't seem all that surprising.

Doesn't surprise me at all that Ted would throw his daughters under the bus. He admitted that the trip was "obviously a mistake".

For someone with his attitude towards self reliance (and money) you would think he would have a whole house generator

They'd probably even be willing to pay for that wall.

Probably. His wife's texts said that "even Boston" looked good. No thanks to elitist visitors like them. They probably wouldn't have survived the liberal horror.

Have seen this picture lots of places. It's allegedly Ted's house while he was gone, his little dog looking out the door. If it is, who was taking care of the dog in a house with no heat?

Screenshot_20210219-095059~2.jpg

Beto and AOC have done wonderful things these last few days. Half the State thinks she’s a witch and Beto will take their guns, yet they help because it’s the right thing to do. You win with kindness. There’s no chatter about unity from the media.

Why is it unity only means Dems have to give what the GOP want ?

If it wasn’t for FoxNews and all the shit on FB, something like this in Texas could explode the need for greener energy. For a more functional government vs FREEEEDOM and profits

100%

It's admirable that Democrats fight for what they believe in, and sad that so many republicans simply fall in line no matter what.

But as long as one side is in lock step, the other side will never accomplish anything unless they a) compromise within their own ranks, or b) break the other side.

And it’s another fallacy to think a progressive President (Bernie for example) would actually deliver on his promises. They would hit the same roadblocks as Biden. But who knows maybe Biden and others can negotiate with the more purple Dems

I don’t get too upset at Biden not delivering on a progressive agenda when he’s not really that guy. His platform is much, much more to the left than Clinton. The immigration stuff isn’t surprising he went back to Obama standards.

The deplorables don't quite know how to react. They seem to break down into the following categories:

- "You're just jealous because he's rich, I'd have done the same."
- "Who cares, Cuomo killed 15,000 people."
- "His only problem is that he apologized."
- "He should have stood up to his wife, it was all her idea and now he looks weak."
- "I've been saying forever that we should primary this loser."

Yahoo.com

Well done, The Simpsons.

After Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz was seen Wednesday boarding a flight to Cancún, Mexico, while many of his constituents were stuck at home, dealing with widespread water and power outages, fans of the show were reminded of an episode that aired way back on May 6, 1993. In "Marge in Chains," the character of Mayor Quimby says that he's canceling his planned trip to the Bahamas to deal with a pandemic that's ripping through Springfield. He tells everyone to stay home. The problem is that he's actually giving this speech from a beach, wearing a jacket and tie on top of swim trunks. He tries to pretend that he's at work in his office, but a man playing a steel drum nearby threatens to give him away.

After Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz was seen Wednesday boarding a flight to Cancún, Mexico, while many of his constituents were stuck at home, dealing with widespread water and power outages, fans of the show were reminded of an episode that aired way back on May 6, 1993. In "Marge in Chains," the character of Mayor Quimby says that he's canceling his planned trip to the Bahamas to deal with a pandemic that's ripping through Springfield. He tells everyone to stay home. The problem is that he's actually giving this speech from a beach, wearing a jacket and tie on top of swim trunks. He tries to pretend that he's at work in his office, but a man playing a steel drum nearby threatens to give him away.

We literally had a Member of Provincial Parliament in Ontario do this. Elaborate Zoom calls in front of his fireplace, while you could hear the waves crash in the background (in Barbados I think?).

Have seen this picture lots of places. It's allegedly Ted's house while he was gone, his little dog looking out the door. If it is, who was taking care of the dog in a house with no heat?

View attachment 12807

Of all the elements of this story that piss me off, this is probably among the more heinous. Poor little thing.

Man. Cruz really just does not give a shit how he appears to people, huh?

Always some video or tweet that'll come back to haunt these assholes, huh? If only they could face actual serious consequences for this crap for once.

Of all the elements of this story that piss me off, this is probably among the more heinous. Poor little thing.

Man. Cruz really just does not give a shit how he appears to people, huh?

Always some video or tweet that'll come back to haunt these assholes, huh? If only they could face actual serious consequences for this crap for once.

Tweet ain’t real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom