US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #561
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Reading that GOP will now try to evict Rep Omar from her committees cause i assume she’s a scary Muslim

Old 02-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Canada designated the proud boys a terrorist organization. I wish Biden would do that.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/statu...988910080?s=21

Party of Q!!!!!!

If the Dems don’t understand or see how dangerous this transformation of the former GOP is, then we are all really fucked.

You cannot negotiate with terrorists. Expel the worst of them out to set an example.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:32 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict

What a loathsome bunch they are. Sickening
Old 02-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

CNN says Rep Cheney could be punished tonight for voting to impeach Trump. Wtaf?

She should quit the GOP.

They are saying she comforted the enemy and is like a girlfriend in the opposing team's stands. How juvenile and demeaning.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #566
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:03 PM
I missed this somehow, but today I learned that the woman who was fired from her job for giving Trump the finger while riding her bike ran for a Supervisor seat in Loudoun County, Virginia and won.

The district she is now in charge of is called Algonkian, which includes the town of Sterling - the location of Trump National Golf Course.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:24 AM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Kevin McCarthy actually claimed he doesn't know what QAnon is
Old 02-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #568
Blue Crack Supplier

Greene (Q-GA) is a stupid, garbage person in a stupid, garbage party who believes stupid, garbage things that should disqualify her from all employment, and the GOP has made room for Q in the way that they made room for southern segregationists after 1965, but it would be nice if we could talk about something other than her.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #569
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It would be nice if the Democrats would stop pretending they have “friends” Over on the other side and stop trying to negotiate a package that has over 60% support from Americans. You don’t lose elections passing legislation that popular.

But Chuck and Joe keep showing weakness.

There should be zero compromise with the Republicans at this moment in time. You are the majority, pass the ideas you ran on.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:51 AM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Greene (Q-GA) is a stupid, garbage person in a stupid, garbage party who believes stupid, garbage things that should disqualify her from all employment, and the GOP has made room for Q in the way that they made room for southern segregationists after 1965, but it would be nice if we could talk about something other than her.
Lol I wish the news stations would start doing that. Greene (Q-GA)
Old 02-04-2021, 10:21 AM   #571
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It would be nice if the Democrats would stop pretending they have “friends” Over on the other side and stop trying to negotiate a package that has over 60% support from Americans. You don’t lose elections passing legislation that popular.

There should be zero compromise with the Republicans at this moment in time. You are the majority, pass the ideas you ran on.

Well unfortunately we have such a deadlock in the senate that “friends” are necessary. Less about compromise, more about making a deal to get your legislation backed when Joe Manchin has to be a Republican
Old 02-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #572
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They've been saying for a while that the first check will be $1400 to make up for the last check from Trump only being $600. This isn't a recent cave.

Not making any comment on whether or not it's enough (it isn't) - but this has been consistent.
I do disagree, but I at least get what you are saying and frankly don't think it matters that much to get into it. Normally, I would think it's extremely exploitable for the opposition as a sort of "bait-and-switch" criticism, but the GOP seems more interested in fighting different battles these days, so I don't think the $2000 vs. $1400 thing is going to end up being that memorable of a battle.

I'm much more concerned about the changing framework of who is eligible. It's already extremely flawed in how it's been based on 2019 taxes, which does not at all account for people being hit hard on their 2020 income. Now, they seem to be lowering the threshold to the point where many badly hurting families are going to see less relief, if not outright miss out on it.

We know it's not enough, and now it's going to be even less.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #573
War Child

Quote:
Reading that GOP will now try to evict Rep Omar from her committees cause i assume she’s a scary Muslim
Omar made a tactical mistake by apologizing for remarks she made that were not offensive. The Trump era has revealed that the biggest sin in politics is admitting you were wrong. If you admit you were wrong, you're inviting punishment.

Greene refusing to apologize means that the framing by the media is always "controversy" and "accusations." They're afraid of taking a stance on something, even if it's obvious, for fear of being accused of "bias" or whatever. But because Omar admitted to something (and something she didn't even do), she confirmed them, and it's now essentially public record that she "did something anti-Semitic."

My hope is that Omar has learned not play that game. There's no hope in appeasement. She never did anything anti-Semitic and shouldn't have engaged with people who were obviously acting in bad faith.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Omar made a tactical mistake by apologizing for remarks she made that were not offensive. The Trump era has revealed that the biggest sin in politics is admitting you were wrong. If you admit you were wrong, you're inviting punishment.

Greene refusing to apologize means that the framing by the media is always "controversy" and "accusations." They're afraid of taking a stance on something, even if it's obvious, for fear of being accused of "bias" or whatever. But because Omar admitted to something (and something she didn't even do), she confirmed them, and it's now essentially public record that she "did something anti-Semitic."

My hope is that Omar has learned not play that game. There's no hope in appeasement. She never did anything anti-Semitic and shouldn't have engaged with people who were obviously acting in bad faith.

Agreed wholeheartedly. And I’ve said it time and time again regarding 2016 - Clinton should’ve just stuck with her deplorables comment after she made it.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I do wonder where this leads to. Not just refusal to apologize, but the direction of bad faith arguments constantly winning out of facts and decency.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:11 PM   #576
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

one thing i've learned from dealing with difficult coworkers is that you at least have to give the impression that you're trying to work with them before blowing them off, if only to show it to the powers that be to show that "you tried"

i hope this is what that is. they're talking, but also saying that they'll go it alone if they don't like the deal and won't make the same mistakes of the first obama term again. time will tell if the lesson has been learned, but as we know, democrats are really bad at this.

related/unrelated in regards to your "friends" comment - i have found that it's much much harder to separate yourself completely from the other party when you're in this city. you're in the same circles, your kids are in the same schools .... it gets really awkward at times even for someone who is not in a job related to politics whatsoever like me.

so i have to imagine it's really hard for politicians to be able to separate the person from the politician. that's not an excuse as they need to - but it is a reality that is really hard to understand when you don't live here (and i know that sounds obnoxious but i couldn't think of another way to phrase it). i think the democrats tend to have a harder time making that separation - especially the ones who have been in this town for a long time vs. the newer members.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #577
Blue Crack Addict

Even when there are other people like you who don’t work in politics, you post on the same web forum and it’s just weird
Old 02-04-2021, 12:49 PM   #578
Blue Crack Distributor

i have no idea what you just said
Old 02-04-2021, 12:50 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

Idk either but I don’t work in politics thankfully
Old 02-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #580
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh hai invitation for Trump to testify in person