US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance to Rush Limbaugh, and hopefully Ted Cruz [parody/redacted].

Unfortunately, things continue to look dire in the US on many, many fronts.

[tweet]1362102701815967746[/tweet]

Did he think that with a wife that ugly and a father that internationally recognizable for his role in assassinating JFK that he would somehow manage to get through unnoticed??

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1362414960739897344?s=21

I feel like these numbers to break apart will only increase over the years. If things stay Blue at the top then more and more southern states will push to break free.

If Red is in power you could see more of the coastal states start to make the same argument.

I do think maybe a change in how our senate is structured could happen first before a breakage of multiple countries, but it feels like the current path we are on is not sustainable.

Covid and the TX Freeze should show how important it is to have a federal - national government that provides the backbone and safety net to the states.

But we’ll end up having fights over windmills and if the sun is so powerful with energy why is it soooo cold!!!!

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1362414960739897344?s=21

I feel like these numbers to break apart will only increase over the years. If things stay Blue at the top then more and more southern states will push to break free.

If Red is in power you could see more of the coastal states start to make the same argument.

I do think maybe a change in how our senate is structured could happen first before a breakage of multiple countries, but it feels like the current path we are on is not sustainable.

Covid and the TX Freeze should show how important it is to have a federal - national government that provides the backbone and safety net to the states.

But we’ll end up having fights over windmills and if the sun is so powerful with energy why is it soooo cold!!!!
I will sign up for this today.

Especially if somehow we remain just a city state with no affiliation. Which, hey... Statehood!

Huzzah!

Did he think that with a wife that ugly and a father that internationally recognizable for his role in assassinating JFK that he would somehow manage to get through unnoticed??
It turns out that constantly trying to thrust yourself into the national spotlight at all costs while sporting the look of a community theater Wolverine cosplayer is not good for anonymity.

Straight out of the Condolleezza-Rice-goes-designer-shoe-shopping-while-New-Orleans-is-sinking school of behaviour.

This might be a career killer. That other event about a month and a half ago should have been one too.

Cruz still has four years left on his term, he has plenty of time to bury the memory of this if he really wants to stay in the Senate after 2024, or to find a lucrative post-political career that he can "retire" to and not run for re-election. There will be no consequences; there never are.

He was being a good dad! With massive luggage. And his wife in tow. Who apparently can't manage a 10 and 13 year old on a 2 hr flight alone? Who are going on vacation abroad with friends in a pandemic. With a return ticket for Saturday which he changed to today. Totally checks out.

He's getting majorly shit on in conservative forums, kind of emphasizes how at the end of the day, nobody actually likes him.

Ted says he was just being a good Dad. Schools were closed, and his kids wanted to go to Cancun with friends. So he just flew with them and always planned to fly back after dropping them off.

Because his wife was there too, I don't find that to be believable.

He was being a good dad! With massive luggage. And his wife in tow. Who apparently can't manage a 10 and 13 year old on a 2 hr flight alone? Who are going on vacation abroad with friends in a pandemic. With a return ticket for Saturday which he changed to today. Totally checks out.

Thanks for that info. Looks like he's busted with that return ticket lol

And yes, who is going on such trips these days? Entitled covid deniers like Ted, I guess.

NY Times

Mr. Cruz had been acutely aware of the possible crisis in advance. In a radio interview on Monday, he said the state could see 100 or more deaths this week. “So don’t risk it. Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” he said.

More recently, in December, Mr. Cruz had attacked a Democrat, Mayor Stephen Adler of Austin, for taking a trip to Cabo while telling constituents to “stay home” during the pandemic.

“Hypocrites,” Mr. Cruz wrote on Twitter. “Complete and utter hypocrites.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom