US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:52 AM
Wonder if the Dems regret forcing Al Franken out of office while MTG will probably end up speaker of the house someday!??

Old 01-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #502
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:52 PM
They forced Al Franken out because it is their duty to set standards. If the right sets low standards that attract low standard voters, well, that’s their style.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:23 PM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I still don't agree with Franken being forced out, but that's another debate and pointless at this point since it's over.

The real issue is that you have a two party system where one party doesn't follow any norm, standard, or law.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #504
Blue Crack Addict

That’s a rather new phenomenon though. I think the republicans accidentally discovered their ability to behave this way due to Trumpism apparently indicating there’s no repercussion.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

Can anyone explain why McCarthy going to see Trump is ok (impeachment)? Kissing of ass must have been exhausting for Kev

Also behold the insane tackiness of Mar A Lago

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210128-164922_kindlephoto-31509943.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	12787
Old 01-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Nothing screams low class nouveau riche like that sort of decor.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #507
Blue Crack Addict

Nothing ever looks less genuine than a picture with Donald Trump
Old 01-28-2021, 08:44 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Can anyone explain why McCarthy going to see Trump is ok (impeachment)? Kissing of ass must have been exhausting for Kev

Also behold the insane tackiness of Mar A Lago

Attachment 12787

It means that the GOP is all in for Trump and has attempted overthrow of the government
Old 01-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #509
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:52 PM
I would think since the House already impeached, it's not really a conflict of interest for him to be there, since he's a rep, though, right? This is all in the senate's hands now.

I could be totally wrong, and am happy to admit it if so.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:55 AM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...833108996?s=21

All this suffering from total incompetence plus malice
Old 01-29-2021, 01:06 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 PM
the people pumping this gamestop stock are the exact same people who pumped the price of tulip bulbs in holland in 1636.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:45 AM   #512
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I would think since the House already impeached, it's not really a conflict of interest for him to be there, since he's a rep, though, right? This is all in the senate's hands now.

I could be totally wrong, and am happy to admit it if so.

It would be weird if house members couldn’t meet with a president under trial, but alas he is not president anymore.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #513
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
the people pumping this gamestop stock are the exact same people who pumped the price of tulip bulbs in holland in 1636.
Man they have lived long lives, wonder what their secret is.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict

Biden is signing a very high number of executive orders, what does everyone think about that? Yes some of them are to undo bad Trump policies.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #515
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Same as i thought with Trump, it is what it is.

Congress is broken with a death cult holding everything and everyone hostage.

I think Trump showed us that these EO are basically for show. I do expect the courts to probably strike down a few more
Old 01-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #516
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Reading down the Twitter responses - I prefer having the Senate trial even though baring a miraculous conversion of enough Rethugplicans to convict - it will fail their votes will be recorded, for posterity, and able to be used in 2022 campaigns.
Thendo the censure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
How about that Marjorie Taylor Greene video, when she harassed David Hogg (Parkland shooting survivor) on the street a couple of years ago? She is DEPLORABLE.
That was disgusting. I don't know what his temperment is, but I would have wanted to smack the crap out of her.

David was just interviewed on one of MSNBC's night talkers - I think Lawrence, or Rachel; possibly Chris, or Joy. I believe he said he gets harrassed like that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...833108996?s=21

All this suffering from total incompetence plus malice
Effing wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Same as i thought with Trump, it is what it is.

Congress is broken with a death cult holding everything and everyone hostage.

I think Trump showed us that these EO are basically for show. I do expect the courts to probably strike down a few more
I'm not sure why you are sayng this. As far as I know his EOs went into effect, and most stayed active.

Important tangent to that: I've heard there will be far amount of Federal judgeships will need filling by Biden. So maybe some good effects down the road.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:12 PM   #517
War Child

Quote:
Good to Know We're Still Choosing Death
New York's Governor has crunched the numbers and decided we can all stand to see a bit more death in the name of a nice meal indoors.
Jack Crosbie
2:52 PM EST on Jan 29, 2021

Andrew Cuomo is the governor of New York, one of the hardest-hit states in the coronavirus pandemic. For serving in this role he has been showered with many awards, such as: an Emmy, a book deal, and the promise of future political prospects.

This sucks, because Andrew Cuomo is an absolute fraud with blood on his hands.

This is a painful subject. Throughout the pandemic I’ve become somewhat close with the owner of the Italian place across the street from my apartment, a young guy who finished construction on his new space just as the entire world shut down. He majored in music in school and his place is set up to have a little stage where all of his friends from his music program were supposed to come play. He’s staying afloat, probably because he expected to take a loss in the first few years anyway, but he knows that any scrap of indoor dining is going to make those margins just a bit better.

The problem is it is also going to kill people. How many? I’m not entirely sure. This is from an article in the New York Times last week:

“There are people who are going to want to relax the controls we have in place,” Dr. Shaman said. “If we start thinking, ‘We’ve got a vaccine, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, we can stop in a couple of months’ — that’s way too soon.”

The coming months are critical in the race to reduce new infections and deaths, since there will ultimately be fewer people for the virus to infect as the pandemic drags on.

Lifting restrictions in early February, after most health care workers and nursing home residents are set to be vaccinated, would still mean far more infections in the long run than keeping restrictions in place until mid-March, for example.

That article also included a few charts and graphs, which I won’t repost here because of copyrights, but one of them indicated that if we were to ditch social distancing, masking, and other prevention measures in February it could cause 29 million more infections even as the vaccine goes round.

Obviously, Andrew Cuomo allowing people to have little Valentines’ dates indoors is not going to be solely responsible for double-digit millions of COVID cases, but the trend is there. (At the same briefing, Cuomo also said that people could get engaged in February and then have a 150 person wedding with rapid testing as early as March, when venues will open at half-capacity, which seems just completely insane). This is what we’re doing.

Cuomo has crunched the numbers and done the math and decided that New York’s restaurants at 25% capacity will cause the city an acceptable amount of deaths given the economic stimulus it will provide to the restaurants involved. (This, in turn, will be cheaper than directly giving money to subsidize those restaurants so they can remain in business doing take-out and delivery only). He is having his cake and eating it indoors too, and the only price that he will pay is that some more of his constituents will die. Restaurant workers, for instance, are second to last in the state’s tiered vaccine rollout plan.

The good news is that people are slowly catching on. Continued reporting on just how bad and shortsighted Cuomo was throughout all this is slowly convincing even the absolute dumbest of pundits in the mainstream media that maybe this guy isn’t a Genius Leader after all. I mean, Chris Cillizza has even figured out that something is up with the dude.

We have known how to stop this thing all along. You need to force people to stay inside their homes for weeks on end and you need to pay them to do so, while also ensuring that when they leave their homes they will still have their jobs and their business will not have crumbled. This takes a lot of money, which we have. The ways of getting through the pandemic are very simple: either you spend a lot of money, or you spend a lot of lives and maybe slightly less money. Andrew Cuomo, for his part, is continuing to write the book on the latter.
https://discourseblog.com/andrew-cuo...ning-new-york/

This is discouraging!
Old 01-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #518
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:52 PM
He's been a joke since the beginning and bought a few months of good graces that have long been used up.

What really discourages me is California also folding.

This all, of course, goes back to the fact that this lock down has been too long and the federal response from the beginning caused it. I've given up caring what anyone else does, I'm just keeping my home safe. Even my family members who were being smart before are acting stupid. At least my mom and sister are vaccinated now.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #519
Blue Crack Addict

Margarine has become a very big problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	Es7DCkeWMAMvEaL.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	12788
Old 01-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #520
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
He's been a joke since the beginning and bought a few months of good graces that have long been used up.

What really discourages me is California also folding.

This all, of course, goes back to the fact that this lock down has been too long and the federal response from the beginning caused it. I've given up caring what anyone else does, I'm just keeping my home safe. Even my family members who were being smart before are acting stupid. At least my mom and sister are vaccinated now.

Agree.

I think they screwed up by closing the outdoor dining and salons this second lockdown. It forced everyone indoors and people were tired of the restrictions. So we saw a huge increase in cases.

Now we are opening things back up just as the UK bug is set to take over.

Europe has shown the only way to stop that bug from wrecking everything is a complete and total lockdown. With our initial failures i don’t see how that would be a viable option

We’ll know by mid to end February if it spreads out of control