US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/charlesbethea/status/1354536651452796932?s=21

It’s going to take a more heroic effort to keep winning these battleground states in the near future

This is even more absurd as in 2016 in Florida, where I had put my ballot inside the provided envelope, but an affidavit outside the envelope and both of those had to be in an exterior unmarked envelope, and if the affidavit wasn’t signed exactly how they asked (like with red pen or some shit) or if the envelope was understood to be a ballot from the exterior, it wouldnt count.

This is even more absurd as in 2016 in Florida, where I had put my ballot inside the provided envelope, but an affidavit outside the envelope and both of those had to be in an exterior unmarked envelope, and if the affidavit wasn’t signed exactly how they asked (like with red pen or some shit) or if the envelope was understood to be a ballot from the exterior, it wouldnt count.

This used to be how law was practiced 2-3 decades ago. Things have to be signed. In blue ink, and blue ink only. And if you notarize, you better have a wax seal (in fact as a verrry junior lawyer I once had the misfortune of having to go down to the Chinese Consulate to have some documents apostilled and after waiting in line with people packed in like sardines (oh pre-COVID times, how I miss you) with absolutely no order whatsoever, I get to one of the tills where the guy looks at me with a totally straight face asking where my wax seal was. Like who the hell has WAX in 2011?? And you can bet that they didn't budge.

Most of us have now come to our senses and have e-signatures, don't have physical data rooms or physical closings with some poor junior lawyers checking every page of every document that's in a manila folder x 469 manila folders for 48 hrs before closing and then being joined 24 hrs before closing by the same number of junior lawyers from the opposing side doing the exact same thing in a boardroom with no windows.

Whatever judge doesn't throw out these efforts as plainly unconstitutional is 100% an ideologue.

Something positive. I ordered a tshirt from his site because 100% of the proceeds went to Vermont charities. Of course Bernie is correct, so much more is needed.

(AP)About those wooly mittens that U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders wore to the presidential inauguration, sparking endless quirky memes across social media? They’ve helped to raise $1.8 million in the last five days for charitable organizations in Sanders’ home state of Vermont, the independent senator announced Wednesday.

The sum comes from the sale of merchandise with the Jan. 20 image of him sitting with his arms and legs crossed, clad in his brown parka and recycled wool mittens.

Sanders put the first of the so-called “Chairman Sanders” merchandise, including T-shirts, sweatshirts and stickers, on his campaign website Thursday night and the first run sold out in less than 30 minutes, he said. More merchandise was added over the weekend and sold out by Monday morning, he said.

"Jane and I were amazed by all the creativity shown by so many people over the last week, and we’re glad we can use my internet fame to help Vermonters in need,” Sanders said in a written statement. “But even this amount of money is no substitute for action by Congress, and I will be doing everything I can in Washington to make sure working people in Vermont and across the country get the relief they need in the middle of the worst crisis we’ve faced since the Great Depression.”

I'd also love it if whatever method they use to stop Trump from ever being able to run for office again extended to his kids as well. I do not want to see Don Jr., Eric, or Ivanka anywhere near that White House ever again under any circumstances.

yeaaaa you can't do that, though. they need to be convicted of their own crimes - which, frankly, is entirely possible. at least for don jr. and eric, who could both be facing sedition raps for their part in the insurrection.

ivanka will have to face regular old fraud charges and the stink of being named trump. but frankly she's significantly more qualified for public office than, say, marjorie taylor greene or lauren boebert, so nothing is impossible.

The craziest Trumpists hate Ivanka and Jared. They see them as effete Libs in disguise who whispered all the wrong things in the ear of the God Emperor + a healthy dose of anti-Semitism likely thrown in. Oddly enough even though Ivanka and Jared are far more "competent" (it's a sliding scale) than either Qusay or Uday, they fill no gap in the GOP. The establishment doesn't like them or need them, the elite country club sorts like Mitt Romney are too embarrassed by them and likewise don't need them, and the deplorables want nothing to do with them.

Don Jr and Eric, stupid as they are, at least could find some support among that last demographic.

How about that Marjorie Taylor Greene video, when she harassed David Hogg (Parkland shooting survivor) on the street a couple of years ago? She is DEPLORABLE.

I would love if Ivanka Trump beat out Marco Rubio in a primary. While the Trump family is a stain on our country, Donald himself is the cancer. Don Jr and Eric are dumb as rocks, Ivanka and Jared are misguided silver spooned little bitch folk, but that’s hardly worse than Marco Rubio’s smug sell-soul behavior.

The craziest Trumpists hate Ivanka and Jared. They see them as effete Libs in disguise who whispered all the wrong things in the ear of the God Emperor + a healthy dose of anti-Semitism likely thrown in. Oddly enough even though Ivanka and Jared are far more "competent" (it's a sliding scale) than either Qusay or Uday, they fill no gap in the GOP. The establishment doesn't like them or need them, the elite country club sorts like Mitt Romney are too embarrassed by them and likewise don't need them, and the deplorables want nothing to do with them.

Don Jr and Eric, stupid as they are, at least could find some support among that last demographic.

Once again, poor Tiff is overlooked.

What happened with her being the "Ok" one? Did she just decide to throw that all away in the last year and I missed it until the debates?

Wonder if the Dems regret forcing Al Franken out of office while MTG will probably end up speaker of the house someday!??

They forced Al Franken out because it is their duty to set standards. If the right sets low standards that attract low standard voters, well, that’s their style.

I still don't agree with Franken being forced out, but that's another debate and pointless at this point since it's over.

The real issue is that you have a two party system where one party doesn't follow any norm, standard, or law.

That’s a rather new phenomenon though. I think the republicans accidentally discovered their ability to behave this way due to Trumpism apparently indicating there’s no repercussion.

Can anyone explain why McCarthy going to see Trump is ok (impeachment)? Kissing of ass must have been exhausting for Kev

Also behold the insane tackiness of Mar A Lago

Screenshot_20210128-164922_kindlephoto-31509943.jpg

Nothing screams low class nouveau riche like that sort of decor.

I would think since the House already impeached, it's not really a conflict of interest for him to be there, since he's a rep, though, right? This is all in the senate's hands now.

I could be totally wrong, and am happy to admit it if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom