US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love how the former member who is so sure that he's cleverly uncovering all the deeply coded and cryptic meanings to Q posts can't even figure out what my username is there even though i've dropped several very blatant hints. he whines a lot about how he can't figure out which user is which one of us (some voices of reason pop in there from time to time and of course when one lives in paranoiatown they all must be trolling FYM users). i've been accused of being almost everyone here except me. [emoji23]

Last edited:
i stopped posting there a while ago. it's still interesting to read though, like it's interesting to watch fish bonk around in an aquarium.

I don't even know where this other site is, and based off what little I've heard about it here. I'm pretty okay with that. I figure at this point I'd have much better luck talking to actual brick walls.

But I do appreciate those of you who are trying to combat the crazy with the sane.

The best play would be for D's to get good, electable people who will vote for things that make majorities of voters happy and also not say things that will upset majorities of voters on the ticket in PA and OH in 2022.
The hope is for John Fetterman to get in as the Democratic nominee to replace Pat Toomey in the Senate in 2022. I think he'll have a pretty decent chance now that he has some name recognition. His early fundraising (small donors) is promising, and he's a genuine guy that a lot of people have rallied around.

The Ohio Dems seems reluctant to put forth a strong candidate because they're discouraged about their odds in 2022. This administration/Congress badly needs some unequivocal wins if they're going to return Ohio to the purple category.

I find the tier system unclear. Are we looking to vaccinate every single person age 65+ before moving on to the rest of tier 1b, or are we vaccinating that entire group concurrently with an age-based priority? I would assume the latter. Can't understand why an unemployed 50 year old would receive priority over a 49 year old factory worker.

So this might be a dumb question, but I'm seeing a lot of "Antifa Riots in Portland" posts on Facebook and I'm having a really tough time finding the real facts as to what's going on. Like are these riots still going on or is this completely false? And is there a good source of real news that I can find on this? Basically, I want to shut a couple people up on Facebook today.

Yes there are some protests on going in Portland.

That’s about all i know.

Biden’s America!!!!!!

So disturbing that this person was elected to Congress

(CNN)Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before being elected to Congress, a CNN KFile review of hundreds of posts and comments from Greene's Facebook page shows.

Greene, who represents Georgia's 14th Congressional District, frequently posted far-right extremist and debunked conspiracy theories on her page, including the baseless QAnon conspiracy which casts former President Donald Trump in an imagined battle against a sinister cabal of Democrats and celebrities who abuse children.

In one post, from January 2019, Greene liked a comment that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. In other posts, Greene liked comments about executing FBI agents who, in her eyes, were part of the "deep state" working against Trump.

In one Facebook post from April 2018, Greene wrote conspiratorially about the Iran Deal, one of former President Barack Obama's signature foreign policy achievements. A commenter asked Greene, "Now do we get to hang them ?? Meaning H & O ???," referring to Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Greene replied, "Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off."

After CNN reached out to Greene, her personal Twitter account posted a statement in which she did not deny that she liked posts and replied to comments but claimed that many people have run her Facebook page.

"Over the years, I've had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet," she wrote.

Greene did not specify whether she or a member of her team were behind the posts reviewed by CNN's KFile.

ok, so, seriously guys: this is a pretty sick burn for an old man

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1354149156001034240

Me-yow :D! That was good.

https://twitter.com/bjrich_/status/1354227754212974599?s=21

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Would explain Rudy’s phone call during the riots

More stuff for the Democrats to use in the upcoming trial.

Also, Greene can go fuck herself. Please, let's kick her out of office as soon as humanly possible.

The Hill.com

The Oregon Republican Party earlier this month approved and released a resolution calling the Jan. 6 Capitol riot by pro-Trump supporters a "false flag" operation and condemning Republicans who voted to impeach now-former President Trump over his role in the assault.

The resolution claims without proof that there is "growing evidence" that the Capitol attack that left five dead was a "false flag" event meant to "discredit President Trump, his supporters, and all conservative Republicans."

"This provided sham motivation to impeach President Trump in order to advance the Democrat goal of seizing total power," the statement says.

The resolution goes on to rebuke the 10 House Republicans - none of whom are from Oregon - who joined every Democrat in the chamber in voting to impeach Trump on Jan. 13.

"Our party is speaking out in condemnation of the profound betrayal by the ten House Republicans who supported impeaching President Trump last week without any investigation, hearing, shred of due process, and in contradiction to the known and emerging facts," said Oregon Republican Party Chairman Bill Currier.

The Oregon Republican Party earlier this month approved and released a resolution calling the Jan. 6 Capitol riot by pro-Trump supporters a "false flag" operation and condemning Republicans who voted to impeach now-former President Trump over his role in the assault.

For fuck's sake. This is insane and disgusting and deeply horrifying. Is there a way that someone can punish these people for pulling this bullshit or something?

The Republican Party seriously needs to dissolve completely and go the way of the Whigs, and everyone who continues to refuse to hold those accountable for the riots, be they federal, state, or local officials, needs to be immediately removed from their respective offices. They aren't fit to serve anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom