US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of a party that is ok with inciting insurrection, conspiracy theories, and more. How pathetic

(CNN)The Arizona Republican Party sent a clear signal Saturday that its leadership remains loyal to former President Donald Trump when it voted to publicly punish Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, former Sen. Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain, all of whom opposed Trump's efforts to overturn President Joe Biden's victory, or in the case of Flake and McCain, endorsed the Democrat before the election.

The decision to censure those three Republicans -- in addition to re-electing controversial chairwoman Kelli Ward -- solidified the rightward shift of the official party, while also reflecting the deep fractures among Arizona Republicans over the future of the GOP, which suffered bruising defeats at the ballot box in 2020 in this increasingly purple state.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1353074341001404418

i said it on election night and i'll say it again. if the democrats spend more time patting themselves on the back for beating trump and retaking the senate than taking this opportunity to act, they will regret it two years from now. it's time to stop giving a shit about bipartisanship.

Agree with this. The Dems still believe the GOP of old, like real old, exists and there’ll be a return of compromise and working together.

There’s no one left in that party who wants to work across the isle. Mittens would maybe be the closest one but he’s shown himself to be a coward and still only cares about tax cuts and judges.

The Dems need to kill the filibuster, pass legislation that will help as many people as they can, and for the love of everything fix you damn messaging. People need to know that the relief, a new law or regulation, or any benefit to the middle and lower classes came from a functional Democratic government!

I would rather the Dems be bold and do work and lose in 2022 then try to and work with Mitch and still lose because they got played.

Probably all for nothing since Joe Manchin has stated multiple times he will not vote to end filibuster

Agree with this. The Dems still believe the GOP of old, like real old, exists and there’ll be a return of compromise and working together.

There’s no one left in that party who wants to work across the isle. Mittens would maybe be the closest one but he’s shown himself to be a coward and still only cares about tax cuts and judges.

The Dems need to kill the filibuster, pass legislation that will help as many people as they can, and for the love of everything fix you damn messaging. People need to know that the relief, a new law or regulation, or any benefit to the middle and lower classes came from a functional Democratic government!

I would rather the Dems be bold and do work and lose in 2022 then try to and work with Mitch and still lose because they got played.

Dems ought to be bold and also to be on the offensive for 2022. The map favors them.

it's been a pleasure watching Canadian-American Seth Rogen drag fellow Canadian-American Rafael "Ted" Cruz on twitter these past few days.

Reports of a GOP from Maryland had his gun taken away before being let into the chamber.

If there’s going to be no consequence for people breaking the rules then something horrible will eventually happen.

Fine these members who are running thru the checkpoints, and arrest them if they continue to do it.
I think they are being increasing fined for each offense. I'd love to see them :mad: arrested!

Somebody on Twitter started referring to her as "Klan of Green Gables" and now that's become a thing.

I made the PTSD comparison the other day as well. It definitely seems a fitting description. I know how you feel-today when I got online I had to remind myself, "Oh, right, it's okay to read the news again."
Heh! I'd not heard that yet. Good one. Can't believe we have to deal with her!

Fuckin' Hannity.
Punchable lying face. Damn RW talk radio. Poisoning the air for decades! :(

By them essentially saying they won’t convict Trump it turns people against bothering with impeachment. “Why bother with trial if no chance to convict???” “This only divides us more! Biden can’t afford to look like he’s mean to Trump!”

That’s the sentiment from people i talk to back in Iowa. That we should just move on and try to find compromises. I feel this is exactly how a democracy falls with this line of thinking.

I would rather we do the right thing no matter the outcome. If we get to 2025 and a new version of Trump has taken hold we’ll look back and say “Why didn’t we do something when we had the chance !!?!?”

My friend asked what if trying to impeach Trump, killing the filibuster ends up costing us the votes we need to win in 2022/2024 and my response is then our country is already lost.

I worry doing nothing tells the people who busted their asses, the minority communities that were literally voting to save their lives (while risking their own too) that nothing matters. If Dems suffer another Clinton like turnout it’s over and we’ll see that if they don’t at least try to bring some justice and pass legislation they said they would.
Since there are more of us than them doing the impeachment is doing the right thing, and showing our side that we are on it. His actions have consequences - even if he's not convicted he's the only President to be doubly impeached. It stands in History, and many people are still moved by History.

Damn Christo-RW'r. Some great retorts to her on Twitter. :up:

Let’s not panic just yet?

Removing the filibuster — which I favor — is also A Big Deal, and it may take some time to get to yes. Politics is a game. Let’s let it play out.

I would agree in normal times. But to get the covid relief thru as promised they’ll need it. The GOP knows the longer it takes the more people we get pissed at who’s running the gov.

But let’s wait and see since that’s our only position at the moment

I would agree in normal times. But to get the covid relief thru as promised they’ll need it. The GOP knows the longer it takes the more people we get pissed at who’s running the gov.

But let’s wait and see since that’s our only position at the moment

The best play would be for D's to get good, electable people who will vote for things that make majorities of voters happy and also not say things that will upset majorities of voters on the ticket in PA and OH in 2022.

Well, I guess they all managed to locate their special pills.

Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 19th president of the United States on March 4, 2021.

This is the latest conspiracy that QAnon followers have embraced in the wake of President Joe Biden’s inauguration last week, and extremist experts are worried that it highlights the way QAnon adherents are beginning to merge their beliefs — about the world being run by an elite cabal of cannibalistic satanist pedophiles —with even more extreme ideologies.

The source for this date is the fact that 1933 was also the year when inaugurations were changed from March 4 to Jan. 20 — to shorten the lame-duck period of outgoing presidents. QAnon followers believe that Trump will become the president of the original republic, and not the corporation that they believe the 1871 act created.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88a...sident-again-on-march-4?utm_source=reddit.com

he's pretty much a laughingstock over there at this point. he got to be too much even for them. even STING thinks he's a joke. nevertheless, he persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom