US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
this is getting almost as overblown on twitter as the "doomsday planes over DC" thing was when he went to the hospital.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:13 PM   #262
Blue Crack Distributor

They weren't over DC

Old 01-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They weren't over DC
yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:41 AM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:52 PM
President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.

There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.

Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."

"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."
Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #265
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.
I believe the point of those planes being in the air was as a deterrent in case someone wanted to try and take advantage of us while the president is incapacitated, alas, it was entirely unnecessary as the president has been incapacitated since January 2017.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #266
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.

There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.

Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."

"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."
This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida
Old 01-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida
It's been said that there are more US military there now than in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. If that's true, what a sickening state of affairs.

I have a few ideas for a Trump sendoff-swift kick in the ass, pelt with rotten eggs, throw shoes at him, drag him out by that hideous hair.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

It's legitimately insane. I have to try and go to the office today and am giving myself an extra hour for what should be a 10 minute drive.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

I have a few ideas for a Trump sendoff-swift kick in the ass, pelt with rotten eggs, throw shoes at him, drag him out by that hideous hair.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #270
Blue Crack Distributor

What should have been an easy 8 minute drive to take my kids to preschool became a 35 minute drive/10 minute walk.

I think I may just hibernate until January 21st at this rate.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Washington Post

WASHINGTON – The violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 came perilously close to Vice President Mike Pence, who was not evacuated from the Senate chamber for about 14 minutes after the Capitol Police reported an initial attempted breach of the complex — enough time for the marauders to rush inside the building and approach his location, according to law enforcement officials and video footage from that day.

Secret Service officers eventually spirited Pence to a room off the Senate floor with his wife and daughter after rioters began to pour into the Capitol, many loudly denouncing the vice president as a traitor as they marched through the first floor below the Senate chamber.

About one minute after Pence was hustled out of the chamber, a group charged up the stairs to a second-floor landing in the Senate, chasing a Capitol Police officer who drew them away from the Senate.

Pence and his family had just ducked into a hideaway less than 100 feet from that landing, according to three people familiar with his whereabouts, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. If the pro-Trump mob had arrived seconds earlier, the attackers would have been in eyesight of the vice president as he was rushed across a reception hall into the office.

The proximity of the Jan. 6 mob to the vice president and the delay in evacuating him from the chamber — which have not been previously reported — raise questions about why the Secret Service did not move him earlier and underscore the jeopardy that top government leaders faced during the siege.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.
They could always turn the porta potty into a dunk tank and let all the Trumps take turns being dunked. For charity of course, because the Trumps are so charitable.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:31 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict

I am very worried about next Wednesday. At least move it indoors.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #275
Blue Crack Distributor

fuck it ima stay home
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Uhh genuinely how am I supposed to get home?
Old 01-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:52 PM
Looks like Chicago when the Cubs had their world series parade.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:52 AM
https://twitter.com/robertmaguire_/s...487111170?s=21

I am imagining the future history books with the words written, “The fall of the Republic were kicked off after a meeting between President Trump and....the MyPillow guy...”
Old 01-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

My Pillow guy is wackadoodle. He thinks Trump was chosen by God to be President-enough said. A con man just like Trump. I bet his self proclaimed life story is a fraud too, just like Trump's is.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:52 AM
I 100% believe this is nothing more than to cheer up a depressed orange madman. And throw some red meat to his base, tho it must be organic apparently.

Bridges are being closed for access points to DC.

Imagine telling people back in 2016 that in January 2021 Trump led a failed physical coup which has led to more troops being stationed in DC than the Middle East. All to protect the future President from being killed by Trump supporters