US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,956
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
this is getting almost as overblown on twitter as the "doomsday planes over DC" thing was when he went to the hospital.
__________________

DaveC is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 10:13 PM   #262
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM
They weren't over DC
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,956
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They weren't over DC
yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.
DaveC is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 06:41 AM   #264
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.

There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.


Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."

"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #265
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yup, but try telling that to the twitterati who thought a routine flight over the mid-atlantic was proof that trump was about to glass tehran from his bed at walter reed.

IRL there's about 500 more steps between "add israel to CENTCOM" and "start a war on iran" but that doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down.
I believe the point of those planes being in the air was as a deterrent in case someone wanted to try and take advantage of us while the president is incapacitated, alas, it was entirely unnecessary as the president has been incapacitated since January 2017.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #266
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
President Trump is planning to exit the White House on the morning of Jan. 20, a few hours before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in a short distance away, CNN reports. "Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off," and "as one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president" for a flight to Palm Beach, Florida, where his term will officially end at noon.



There are 20,000 National Guard troops currently deployed or en route to Washington, D.C., ahead of Biden's inauguration, because the last crowd Trump drew to the White House morphed into an insurrectionist mob that stormed the Capitol.





Plans are still being ironed out, CNN says, but "Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden." The Bidens will wake up on Inauguration Day at nearby Blair House, CNN reports, adding that "its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady."



"Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters," CNN says, but it's unclear "whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews, or his final destination, Palm Beach International Airport."
This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This place looks like the demilitarized zone right now so yea, I'm going to guess they tell him to take his crowd to their natural habitat of florida
It's been said that there are more US military there now than in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. If that's true, what a sickening state of affairs.

I have a few ideas for a Trump sendoff-swift kick in the ass, pelt with rotten eggs, throw shoes at him, drag him out by that hideous hair.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM
It's legitimately insane. I have to try and go to the office today and am giving myself an extra hour for what should be a 10 minute drive.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,031
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

I have a few ideas for a Trump sendoff-swift kick in the ass, pelt with rotten eggs, throw shoes at him, drag him out by that hideous hair.
Hewson is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #270
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM
What should have been an easy 8 minute drive to take my kids to preschool became a 35 minute drive/10 minute walk.

I think I may just hibernate until January 21st at this rate.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:52 PM
He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.
anitram is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Washington Post

WASHINGTON – The violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 came perilously close to Vice President Mike Pence, who was not evacuated from the Senate chamber for about 14 minutes after the Capitol Police reported an initial attempted breach of the complex — enough time for the marauders to rush inside the building and approach his location, according to law enforcement officials and video footage from that day.

Secret Service officers eventually spirited Pence to a room off the Senate floor with his wife and daughter after rioters began to pour into the Capitol, many loudly denouncing the vice president as a traitor as they marched through the first floor below the Senate chamber.

About one minute after Pence was hustled out of the chamber, a group charged up the stairs to a second-floor landing in the Senate, chasing a Capitol Police officer who drew them away from the Senate.

Pence and his family had just ducked into a hideaway less than 100 feet from that landing, according to three people familiar with his whereabouts, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. If the pro-Trump mob had arrived seconds earlier, the attackers would have been in eyesight of the vice president as he was rushed across a reception hall into the office.

The proximity of the Jan. 6 mob to the vice president and the delay in evacuating him from the chamber — which have not been previously reported — raise questions about why the Secret Service did not move him earlier and underscore the jeopardy that top government leaders faced during the siege.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.
They could always turn the porta potty into a dunk tank and let all the Trumps take turns being dunked. For charity of course, because the Trumps are so charitable.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 01:31 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
I am very worried about next Wednesday. At least move it indoors.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #275
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,140
Local Time: 10:52 PM


fuck it ima stay home
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,443
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Uhh genuinely how am I supposed to get home?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,574
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Looks like Chicago when the Cubs had their world series parade.
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 01-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,510
Local Time: 03:52 AM
https://twitter.com/robertmaguire_/s...487111170?s=21

I am imagining the future history books with the words written, “The fall of the Republic were kicked off after a meeting between President Trump and....the MyPillow guy...”
BEAL is online now  
Old 01-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 11:52 PM
My Pillow guy is wackadoodle. He thinks Trump was chosen by God to be President-enough said. A con man just like Trump. I bet his self proclaimed life story is a fraud too, just like Trump's is.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,510
Local Time: 03:52 AM
I 100% believe this is nothing more than to cheer up a depressed orange madman. And throw some red meat to his base, tho it must be organic apparently.

Bridges are being closed for access points to DC.

Imagine telling people back in 2016 that in January 2021 Trump led a failed physical coup which has led to more troops being stationed in DC than the Middle East. All to protect the future President from being killed by Trump supporters
__________________

BEAL is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×