US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssdd

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6m

I am pleased to announce that I have given my full support and endorsement to Ronna McDaniel to continue heading the Republican National Committee (RNC). With 72 MILLION votes, we received more votes than any sitting President in U.S. history - and we will win!

This man won’t go away... he’s gonna use his influence to control them regardless of whether or not he is president, because he has the ability to tank their status.

He needs to go out of style.

It’s like you ignored every fruitful part of my post and just repeated your criticism.

The notion that suburban split tickets played a notable role in electing red congresspeople and a blue president is EXACTLY what you’re saying and it’s EXACTLY what headache was saying. That is suggesting that people in fact wanted the republicans but maybe didn’t want Trump. That’s NOT TRUE. The same people who voted for Trump in 2016 showed up for him in 2020 (and more). The most pronounced difference is that apathetic blue voters (or people who just hated Trump) who didn’t show up for Clinton showed up to destroy Trump.

Any suggestion that split ballots played a role and otherwise these voters voted for red congresspeople and senators is total bullshit. Nowhere do any numbers support that claim.

You going out there and projecting your claim as though it’s my claim is weak sauce. I never said “black voters just left the ballots blank la de da.” But I did say that you absolutely are discounting the fact that a non negligible amount of the population did in fact only vote for president, and to think that doesn’t play a role down ballot is naive.

More importantly, you widely just ignored the point about 4% of voters indicating they desired an R/D split ticket. You also seemingly ignored the notion that, much like the electoral college, congressional voting isn’t determined by a simple majority. It’s determined by how lines are drawn.

...............Totally misplaced anger.

Hot take machine the last two weeks, love ya or hate ya :up:

You can join the long list of people currently offering no mathematical argument for your objection.

Was meant to be kudos. Oh well.

I do object to your repeated 'selfish, awful, parasitic' type characterizations of people who didn't vote the way you did, but that's beside the point. Comes with the territory in the forum.

But don't take your frustration out on me for not being accepted as a local heavy. :(

Was meant to be kudos. Oh well.

I do object to your repeated 'selfish, awful, parasitic' type characterizations of people who didn't vote the way you did, but that's beside the point. Comes with the territory in the forum.

But don't take your frustration out on me for not being accepted as a local heavy. :(

I usually associate “hot take” to mean something is wild or out there or otherwise crazy.

Donald Trump is a selfish awful parasite. I called him those things. I definitely also say mean things about Susan Collins all the time, because she is the worst and stands for nothing. People like Ted Cruz are monumentally more admirable than Susan Collins (though every time he defends Donald Trump because it’s politically beneficial I lose respect for him because he’s a smart man taking the easy way out).

I’m not sure where you see me saying Trump voters are “awful parasites” though I’ll gladly call them selfish. That doesn’t mean every single one is selfish. I probably did call South Florida Trump voters selfish, so maybe that’s what you’re recalling. It wasn’t *because* they voted for Trump. They were selfish to begin with and that’s *why* they voted for Trump. I’m saying that as a south floridian, born and raised, knowing exactly what people are like down there and having pressed questions specifically to a lot of them. Their vote is consistent with their culture, and it’s not admirable culture. Now, it’s important that you appreciate that different areas of this country have different cultures. I lived in Texas for half a year... I wouldn’t describe Texans as “selfish” at all. They’re generally a community oriented people who fundamentally have different ideals ingrained in their mind. For example, Texans (republican or not) generally are serious when you talk about the second amendment. Floridians (republican or not) in central and south Florida generally are not.

As I’ve said to Peef tho, you gotta get past this whole “you’re a victim of the mean people on this forum” thing. There’s room for dialogue and discourse. Short of you being hateful, which I don’t believe you to be, any reasonable person should be able to engage in discourse and preserve their humanity.

All through the polling for the election, I consistently relied on the NYT for all poll results and averages, but what I liked about their averages was that they also included a column on what the poll numbers would be if you included 2016 errors.

In an article yesterday, they showed how it compared to the 2020 results, and while the actual 2020 polls ended up still being a bit off, it's amazing how closely aligned the polling numbers with the 2016 errors included ended up being.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/upshot/polls-what-went-wrong.html

I think the lesson is that it’s not that there are “shy” Trump voters — there have been no bigger In-your-face assholes in all of American politics — but they are somehow invisible to polls.

I think the lesson is that it’s not that there are “shy” Trump voters — there have been no bigger In-your-face assholes in all of American politics — but they are somehow invisible to polls.

I would really really caution drawing that as the conclusion when in fact it is the question pollsters are pondering.

Are “undecided” voters actually shy and decided, or are they failing to capture a population who won’t pick up the phone?

I’m 95% in on the former.

It's just outrageous that the pandemic is surging and the Trump administration is saying and doing nothing about that. And obstructing the Biden transition at every turn.

I will never understand how anyone could even attempt to defend this insanity. It's indefensible.

It's just outrageous that the pandemic is surging and the Trump administration is saying and doing nothing about that. And obstructing the Biden transition at every turn.

I will never understand how anyone could even attempt to defend this insanity. It's indefensible.

He's going to do zero actual work for the next 2 months, probably shouldn't come as a surprise, but it tells us everything we already knew about the man.

My concern of a Trump style “coup”, whatever definition you want to go by, is less and less every day.

He is going to keep flinging shit against the wall hoping something works but there doesn’t appear to be any legal loophole available. Short of somehow getting the election results thrown out by the SC (which no one thinks any case could make it there) or a actual military takeover, he won’t be there after January 20th

Now in the meantime, he’s going to:
Let a virus kill hundreds of thousands
Cause unbelievable suffering
Wreck the economy and massive job loss
Sell state secrets for profit
Destroy any incriminating evidence
Possibly start a war with Iran
Rile up his base and nearly half the country that this was a hoax of an election!!

That’s just the next two months. When Biden does take over he has this

https://twitter.com/gregggonsalves/status/1326854627208400897?s=21

Mitch is worse than the virus because he’s cruel for a reason. The virus doesn’t care or is evil. Mitch is. I am struggling to find a worse human being in my lifetime. At least politically

And they’ll talk about it constantly once Joe is in office. It’ll be Voteghazi

I’m actually not even stressed by this. I’m just enjoying watching the wheels come off. And it feels great to be on the other side of it after the 2016 election.

Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-digital-media-competitor-25afddee-144d-4820-8ed4-9eb0ffa42420.html

I’m actually not even stressed by this. I’m just enjoying watching the wheels come off. And it feels great to be on the other side of it after the 2016 election.

I’m not worried either, although it is dangerous that we have a President neglecting his duties even more during this interim period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom