US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(CNN)Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney to President Donald Trump, has tested positive for Covid-19, Trump announced.

"Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!" Trump wrote Sunday on Twitter.

Giuliani has not announced his diagnosis.

Frankly I'm shocked (that it took this long for Rudy to catch it)

He’s supposedly been admitted to Georgetown hospital. He better not take a bed from a more needy, less reckless person. But I suppose they’ll let him suck down the aborted fetus cocktail that Trump got and he’ll survive.

I’m sure if / when he’s released he’ll be totally grateful to the doctors and staff who saved his life.

And take covid seriously from now on. Ask everyone to wear a mask

Watched a little bit of the Loeffler Warnock debate last night on CNN. She is like an automaton, honestly it was a bit creepy to me.

I haven't Googled anything about her so admittedly I don't know about her personal accomplishments. She married the CEO of the NYSE. She kept repeating about being a farmer and creating jobs. She is the wealthiest member of Congress, I would guess because of her husband.

Watched a little bit of the Loeffler Warnock debate last night on CNN. She is like an automaton, honestly it was a bit creepy to me.

I haven't Googled anything about her so admittedly I don't know about her personal accomplishments. She married the CEO of the NYSE. She kept repeating about being a farmer and creating jobs. She is the wealthiest member of Congress, I would guess because of her husband.

She worked for the parent co of NYSE for almost 2 decades and was pulling in like $4M a year or something herself. They also paid out nearly all her stock when she was appointed to the Senate. And yes, if you thought that typically when an exec leaves the company doesn't accelerate vesting, you'd be right. Just part of the swamp that was supposed to be "drained".

You're murderers? Who did she murder?

Katie Shepherd, The Washington Post
December 7, 2020 | 9:50 AM

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson had just finished wrapping string lights around her home’s portico on Saturday evening and was about to watch “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” with her 4-year-old son when a crowd of protesters marched up carrying American flags and guns.

About two dozen protesters chanted “Stop the Steal” and accused Benson, a Democrat and Michigan’s chief election officer, of ignoring widespread voter fraud – an echo of President Trump’s continued unfounded claims.

“She’s decided to completely ignore all of the credible, credible, fraudulent evidence that has been continually pointed out,” demonstrator Genevieve Peters said of Benson, as she live-streamed the protest on Facebook. “We’re out here in front of the secretary of state’s house and we want her to know we will continue to be".

Although the group dispersed with no arrests when police responded just before 10 p.m. Saturday, Michigan state officials accused the group of “terrorizing” Benson’s family.

“They shouted baseless conspiracy theories about the election, and in videos uploaded to social media, at least one individual could be heard shouting ‘you’re murderers’ within earshot of her child’s bedroom,” Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, D, and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, D, said in a joint statement on Sunday. “This mob-like behavior is an affront to basic morality and decency.”

Ivanka tweeted this today. Today Daddy I'm going to tweet this months old picture of you and everyone will know what a great President you were.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1335976353854844928?s=20

“They shouted baseless conspiracy theories about the election, and in videos uploaded to social media, at least one individual could be heard shouting ‘you’re murderers’ within earshot of her child’s bedroom,” Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, D, and Wayne County

if only they had this same kind of energy for the people who are responsible for over 280k covid deaths.

We know who are responsible, those greedy nurses and doctors!!!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1336065485297733632?s=21

Shouldn’t be surprised that the vaccine rollout will be a disaster until Joe’s team can sort it out. Unfortunately instead of maybe seeing some stability in the spring it may be late summer or even into 2022 since america has given up on trying to follow the rules

What a joke.

As I told my husband, if there is a silver lining in being infected it's that we at least have quite a bit of time to spare if and when the vaccine rollout is botched as I expect it may be.

Just when you thought FL couldn't get any worse

Ivanka & Jared buy $30M lot on high-security Miami island
By Sara Nathan and Emily Smith

December 7, 2020 | 6:39pm

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have splashed out on a $30 million-plus dollar lot of land on Miami’s uber-swanky and high-security Indian Creek Island — known as the “Billionaire’s Bunker” — Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Ahead of President Trump’s exit from the White House, the couple is busy making plans for life after D.C. and have viewed numerous properties and lots of land in the Miami and Palm Beach area.

The private, guarded and gated Indian Creek Island is also one of the most secure places in Florida, as it boasts a 13-man police force for just 29 residences.

It is believed the couple purchased Lot 4, which was owned by Julio Iglesias, to build a bayfront estate. The sale closes on December 17, we’re told.

It measures 1.84 acres with 200 feet of private waterfront. The lot was for sale at $31.8 million. Taxes are $472,764 a year.

Indian Creek Island is also just over an hour from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club. Plus, Jared’s younger brother Joshua and his supermodel wife Karlie Kloss this year bought a $22 million home in Miami ahead of the birth of their first child.

A source familiar with the deal told us that Ivanka and Jared had been on the hunt in Florida, as many of their friends have moved out of NYC to Florida and the Hamptons, saying: “The Kushners have been looking to purchase property in Florida for quite some time, and will also maintain their home in New York.”

?

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court refused Tuesday to stop Pennsylvania from certifying President-elect Joe Biden's victory in the state despite allegations from allies of President Donald Trump that the expansion of mail-in voting was illegal .

The action by the nation's highest court, which includes three justices named by Trump, came as states across the country are locking in the results that will lead to next week's Electoral College vote. It represented the latest in a string of stinging judicial opinions that have left the president defeated both politically and legally.

By their one-sentence denial, the justices left intact a ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, which said the challenge to a state law passed in 2019 came far too late.

Deep state Supreme Court

They’re still gonna do plenty of damage, but there was no real way for them to hear any of these crazy cases.

Or they really didn’t want to listen to Ted Cruz

Just going to say it-she is a :censored: idiot. She's a really good judge of character too.

Washington Post

A witness who attracted national attention after testifying at the side of Rudy Giuliani about alleged voter fraud in Michigan says she is not self-quarantining and has not been tested for the coronavirus in the wake of Giuliani’s positive test and hospitalization.

Mellissa Carone testified before state lawmakers on Dec. 2 for about 30 minutes while sitting beside the president’s personal attorney in Lansing, according to a video of the hearing. Neither wore masks. She also posed for photos with Giuliani, who health officials later said was “extremely likely” to have been contagious with the virus at the time.

Health officials in Ingham County, which includes Lansing, on Monday ordered anyone who had been in contact with Giuliani at close range and for more than 15 minutes to self-quarantine after President Donald Trump tweeted that his personal attorney had tested positive for the coronavirus. The county officials said they cannot enforce the directive outside their borders.

In a phone interview Tuesday from her home in the Detroit suburbs, Carone told The Washington Post that she was living her life normally and had no plans to change that. She said she was unaware of the health advisory and was not worried about contracting the virus.

“I would take it seriously if it came from Trump, because Trump cares about American lives,” Carone said, adding that if television networks friendly to Trump such as One America News or Newsmax “told me to go get tested, I would do it.”

“It is not that I don’t believe in getting tested. I don’t trust the tests,” Carone said.

She spoke admiringly of Giuliani, calling him “one of the most respectful, polite, just down-to-earth people I have ever met. He is great.”

I sincerely hope there is no way this could work

CNBC

Seventeen states whose elections were won by President Donald Trump told the Supreme Court on Wednesday that they support Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's bid to file a lawsuit that could effectively reverse President-elect Joe Biden's projected Electoral College victory.

The filing backing Paxton by those states came a day after he asked the Supreme Court for permission to sue Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, all of which Biden won, over their voting processes.

Later Wednesday, Trump filed a motion to intervene in the case "in his personal capacity" as a presidential candidate.

The states supporting the suit, all of which have Republican attorneys general, are Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.

Trump defeated Biden in the popular vote in all of those states, though one of Nebraska's electoral votes was awarded to Biden.

Representatives for the four battleground states being targeted in the lawsuit did not immediately respond to CNBC's requests for comment.

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, whose state overwhelmingly voted for Biden over Trump, said in a scornful tweet that Maryland would not join Paxton's case after someone on Twitter suggested he do so.

"The suit is a cesspool of disproved charges, wild speculation, insupportable arguments and silly gibberish," Frosh tweeted.

"Joe Biden is the President-Elect."

Trump earlier Wednesday said he wanted to join Paxton's legal effort at the Supreme Court, which the defendants have dismissed as a political stunt by the Republican attorney general. The Supreme Court has yet to rule on Paxton's request.

Paxton, a Republican who remains under indictment for state felony securities fraud charges, is asking the high court for permission to sue the four states to block their certification of Biden's wins in them.

Don’t see anyway that it does work

But what is gone is one of the foundations of our republic, the peaceful transfer of power.

This will be the new norm going forward for the GOP

And at some point they will find better lawyers, or subvert the laws to accomplish their hold on power

I don't care about Hunter Biden either, unless Joe has any sort of improper involvement.

No way is it a coincidence that his taxes are being investigated now. What is it, one phone call from Trump or Barr?

The Hunter thing will linger, but not pick up the steam that the maga folks would like it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom