US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A safe and Happy Thanksgiving to you all :)

Ditto to everyone. I got COVID tested on Tuesday (I work in a hospital and woke up with a sore throat and congestion) so I am confined to home. Wasn’t planning to go anywhere today anyway. Probably won’t have results until Friday with the holiday, but feeling fine today.

Well Justice Barrett is exactly what the GOP wanted. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

I was alone for Thanksgiving too. Holidays are really difficult for me so I prefer to be alone anyway. The only family I would have been seeing is my brother, and he has diabetes so that's a definite no.

Very quiet in my neighborhood today. On my walk there was very little traffic, I took that as a hopeful sign.

Just had to post this because of desk seemingly designed for a leprechaun :lol:

EnzO93XUwAA7KWS.jpg

The Guardian

Trump says he will leave White House if electoral college votes against him

Rory Carroll
@rorycarroll72
Fri 27 Nov 2020 05.35 EST

For a US president obsessed by size – his hands, his wealth, his crowds – Donald Trump made something of a bold U-turn on Thursday night by addressing the country from a desk seemingly designed for a leprechaun.

Trump said on Thursday he would leave the White House if the electoral college votes for the Democratic president-elect, Joe Biden – the closest he has come to admitting defeat – but his furniture stole the limelight.

While he harangued reporters and repeated unfounded allegations of electoral fraud, the internet zeroed in on his unusually small desk. Some called it symbolic of Trump’s diminished stature, some wondered if it was photoshopped (it wasn’t), most just laughed.

The actor Mark Hamill tweeted: “Maybe if you behave yourself, stop lying to undermine a fair election & start thinking of what’s good for the country instead of whining about how unfairly you are treated, you’ll be invited to sit at the big boy’s table.”

The hashtag #DiaperDon swiftly trended on Twitter, with people mocking the president as an infant banished to the children’s table for Thanksgiving.

Israel gets the benefit here since USA won’t say anything or condone the action (and may have assisted with strike)

Trump makes Biden diplomacy much more difficult.

A lot of GOP + Israel + Saudi Arabia would love a war against Iran.

Doubt it goes that far, but Trump admin going to keep burning things on the way out

Give it up, you lost

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — President Donald Trump’s legal team suffered yet another defeat in court Friday as a federal appeals court in Philadelphia roundly rejected the campaign's latest effort to challenge the state’s election results.

Trump’s lawyers vowed to appeal to the Supreme Court despite the judges' assessment that the “campaign’s claims have no merit.”

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” 3rd Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas wrote for the three-judge panel.

I think this is less about sabotaging Biden’s administration (that’s a byproduct) and more about making everything about him. Until the day he’s gone it will be me me me me.

0uRnzdf.jpg

Trump also said that he won't let Biden into the WH until he proves that his 80 million + votes weren't fraudulent. What's he going to do, barricade the doors?

And he flipped out on a reporter and said I'm the President of the United States, don't speak to me that way.What a clown.

I think the vast majority on here are very positive that your absolute cunt of a president has been resoundingly voted out.

Oh yes, a narcissistic man baby of a President who refuses to admit defeat, refuses to denounce white supremacy, insults women at every opportunity( and allegedly assaults and rapes them), makes completely inappropriate comments about his own daughter, supports murderous dictators, doesn't give a damn about a pandemic. Brags about the stock market while people are waiting in massive food pantry lines.

So much to be positive about! So much winning and positivity. Sure wish we could have four more years of it.

I was positive, I voted him the fuck out. Now he won't go and he won't actually do his job. And people are dying.

Most people in here social distance and wear masks because we trust science and don’t have childish notions of freedom.

:up:

Hopefully we'll ALL have access to one of the promising vaccines in the pipeline by spring.

(vaccines developed in record time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom