US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the GOP so hard. Jesus Christ, what a bunch of criminal assholes.

I hope every investigative body/organization imaginable does everything in its power to hold them all to account these next four years. It won't surprise me one bit if we suddenly start seeing a bunch of GOP politicians suddenly resigning to "spend more time with their families" and whatnot.

ETA: Just got a chance to watch the clip in the post Diemen shared above. Holy. Shit. That guy went OFF and God bless him for it. Drag them. That ending bit about those two meeting their maker was particularly scorching. Can he go speak directly to Trump next?

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/1328832941309513729?s=21

This isn’t going to work but it shows again and again that the GOP are no longer a political party but a authoritarian cult. This isn’t just liberal vs conservative policy debates anymore, it’s democracy vs rule by force / power

I don’t think the Biden administration is prepared or even capable of going up against it.

The media sure isn’t ready to cover it considering their headlines read like “GOP exploring different angles to election victory...”

She and Feinstein will still be there when we're all dead.

I don't think it's a situation where that is obvious. It would basically likely be a free-for-all until people start coalescing behind 1-2 candidates.

I don't think it's a situation where that is obvious. It would basically likely be a free-for-all until people start coalescing behind 1-2 candidates.

Agreed, but I think by and large it’s by one root cause: prominent Gen X politicians are largely absent. It’s similar to my field in the space industry - totally mid-career absent.

What a ridiculous little man

SFGate

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has repeated unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, caused a minor stir Tuesday after he was filmed fist-bumping Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on the Senate floor Tuesday.

Harris returned to the Senate for the first time since the election on Tuesday to vote "no" on President Donald Trump's nomination of Judy Shelton to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, and Graham offered Harris a seemingly congratulatory fist bump and pat on the back on his way into the chamber.

A video of the interaction went viral on social media, with many on the left interpreting the clip as evidence that Graham — and the Republican Party at large — do not truly believe the election was "stolen" as the president has claimed, and are only publicly posturing around claims of voter fraud to stay in good graces with the president's base. Additionally, some of the president's most fervent supporters saw the fist bump as a betrayal.

Regardless, the normally innocuous gesture resulted in Graham having to explain himself to CNN congressional reporter Manu Raju given the senator's refusal to publicly acknowledge Biden as president-elect and Harris as vice president-elect. Graham told Raju he was not congratulating Harris, but rather "just saying hello."

"I haven’t a seen in her in a while," Graham said. "If it works out and they make it, I told her I wish her well and try to work where we can. We will know here in a month or so or less.”

Agreed, but I think by and large it’s by one root cause: prominent Gen X politicians are largely absent. It’s similar to my field in the space industry - totally mid-career absent.

this is so weird to me, that the generation who grew up watching people actually go to the moon and also came of age at the peak of the space shuttle program would not have a surplus of workers in the space industry. i would have figured that would sort of be the prime age to get inspired by spaceflight.

does it have to do with the funding cuts that happened in the 00s as the shuttle program ended? or did these people just never join the industry in the first place for some reason?

this is so weird to me, that the generation who grew up watching people actually go to the moon and also came of age at the peak of the space shuttle program would not have a surplus of workers in the space industry. i would have figured that would sort of be the prime age to get inspired by spaceflight.

does it have to do with the funding cuts that happened in the 00s as the shuttle program ended? or did these people just never join the industry in the first place for some reason?

Probably budget cuts + original space people loved their jobs so much they never retired so few job openings occurred and it was hard to crack?

Either that or Gen X generally avoided governmental affairs as a whole, of which space is predominantly governmental.

Remember when Trump said that covid covid covid would be over after the election? Well he was right, since he has been hunkered down in the WH since the election doing zero about it and saying zero about it. And preventing the Biden administration from receiving critical help and information.

Heckuva job Trumpy

Yes of course, who gives a damn what happens to the country and Americans. Just make sure you screw over Joe Biden.

Trump team looks to box in Biden on foreign policy by lighting too many fires to put out

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/politics/trump-biden-natsec-transition-fires/index.html

It may be fine for Biden to focus on looking forward as he’s the executive now, but all other institutions better take a hard look at all the norms being shattered not only in the last four years, but our entire post election process.

How can America claim to be some beacon of light or whatever it is of democracy when this shit is going on? Would this happen in the UK, Germany....South Korea ???

This man and the GOP have done so much harm to this countries ideals and standards

https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/status/1329454313895321604?s=21

Rather than maybe getting the vaccine in June, it’ll be October because Trump wants everyone to suffer for not voting for him

Honestly we up here are only marginally better at this point. While our government definitely stepped up in March and even typically incompetent provincial leaders cooperated and did the right thing, it looks like with the second wave everybody has abdicated responsibility.

So unlike some other countries, we're largely with you - and the message our government has sent is, you're on your own to manage this and get through it. I consider it a massive failure of leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom