US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but whether you voted for them or not, and regardless of the margin of victory, your senator represents you.

No I understand the point of what was written and I’m not contesting it.

I’m just saying that it’s nonsensical to me that the senate is somehow vastly disproportionate by 41 million. It’s in fact just as lopsided as the electoral college... it leans right even though the nation leans left. There’s nothing wrong with the concept of two senators per state, but there’s everything wrong with the concept of 1) lack of representation for blue non-states and 2) the immense power of the senate.

No I understand the point of what was written and I’m not contesting it.

I’m just saying that it’s nonsensical to me that the senate is somehow vastly disproportionate by 41 million. It’s in fact just as lopsided as the electoral college... it leans right even though the nation leans left. There’s nothing wrong with the concept of two senators per state, but there’s everything wrong with the concept of 1) lack of representation for blue non-states and 2) the immense power of the senate.

Win Georgia and begin righting all these wrongs.

Last edited:
It would be fantastic if every state just did congressional delegation to the EC where the state winner directs the two senate electors.

Do away with this notion that Floridians and people of Ohio deserve more money spent on them than blue Texas or red California.

I know you all were wondering, so I thought I should tell you that Candace Owens — who is not on the Democrat Plantation — thinks Harry Styles just ended Western Civilization by wearing a dress on the cover of Vogue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1327691891303976961

Wonder what Candace thinks of a big Trump guy who is a big burly ex professional athlete like say Dennis Rodman...

ec62894464be9ebff8aa37d6a2047a14.jpg

or maybe Charles Barkley...

4f74596beab8ea1b0700001d

Can't fathom being a Trump supporter and defender and worrying about Harry Styles wearing a dress and the resulting downfall of men. That is seriously screwed up.

Can't fathom being a Trump supporter and defender and worrying about Harry Styles wearing a dress and the resulting downfall of men. That is seriously screwed up.

Real men wear wigs and slather their faces in orange makeup and trade in gossip and think gold is tasteful, apparently.

Real men wear wigs and slather their faces in orange makeup and trade in gossip and think gold is tasteful, apparently.

At least Dubya made an attempt by endlessly "clearing brush" on his Texas Ranch.

Well not to mention Trump's obvious misogyny and mistreatment of women. That's what a real "non feminized" man is?

If Harry Styles is accused of that sort of thing then I'll care about him. Until then he can layer on the pearls and wear dresses.

Candace and Ben Shapiro love to play this game cause they know it only helps their cause.

Candace and Ben will get yelled at, shamed, called names and threatened with “cancellation” which only fuels their victim complex.

And while it appears like the only people who would care are their audience and Twitter, it ends up getting some publicity and the talk goes into identity politics again.

It’s so tiring to watch play out

Making SC proud

By Kate Riga
November 16, 2020 6:27 p.m.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been pressuring him to find ways to toss legally cast ballots in recent days, according to the Washington Post.

Raffensperger, a Republican, told the Post that Graham asked if political bias could have compelled election workers to accept ballots with mismatched signatures, and inquired whether entire batches of legal ballots could be tossed from counties with high levels of signature mismatch.

Raffensperger told the Post he was “stunned” by the inquiries.

On Monday night, after the Post report came out, Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill that he was “surprised” to hear how Raffensperger characterized the conversation, calling his conclusion that Graham was trying to get ballots tossed “ridiculous.”

So he tried to see if he could attack Iran, because not enough of us have died yet and he's only got a few weeks left.

Of course he did. Fucking psycho.

God, I cannot wait until he's out of here. Seriously, must we wait until January?

Also, I'm hoping people are planning to charge Graham and all other GOP members who've been trying to tamper with the election results like this. They need to get the message loud and clear that you cannot do this.

The whole situation is worse than any worst case scenario.

And how about Trump's buddy "doctor" Atlas tweeting that people should rise up against Gov Whitmer's new covid restrictions? In the real world he should have his medical license taken away.

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1328696351497007104?s=21

I have a friend who thinks the way this article alludes Biden or better put, the new DOJ won’t bother to investigate the last four years.

Just pretend it didn’t happen. Ignore Trump or he still has power.

This would be one of his biggest failures of the Presidency if that’s the direction they go.

No consequences and what comes next will be worse.

If Trump and company committed crimes, they should be charged. If they just broke norms, then those norms need to be updated

But my fear all along with Joe is extending out the olive branch to the GOP and in four years or sooner they complete their takeover

May happen regardless but I’m tired of Dems ALWAYS rolling over.

Shit look at this post election period. One lady is holding everything up, putting our national security and the health of this country at extreme risk.

The GOP lost and yet they’re still punching the Democratic Party in the face, and the Dems just say nothing or “Hey, this isn’t nice. Don’t make us write a letter!!”

You think if the roles were reversed the GOP wouldn’t have thrown every Obama official holding up the transition in the house jail ???

I think the Biden covid task force will be a success tho the bar is so fucking low it won’t take much. I think he can restore some sanity and respect on the international stage.

But domestically, i am not confident Joe can deal with an authoritarian opposition party

So deep breaths here... but it's the right move on the part of Biden and the DOJ.

Trump will never face federal crimes for what he did in office. He will resign before January 20 and allow Pence to parson him for everything. He'll play it off as if it's protecting himself from the deep state Democrats who rigged the election against him. If they rigged the election, they'll rig up another witch hunt to nail him when he leaves office.

Trump's worry, and the reason why he is terrified of leaving office, is entirely wrapped up in state court - specifically New York State. This is where he'll have to face the music for his crimes.

Last edited:
So deep breaths here... but it's the right move on the part of Biden and the DOJ.

Trump will never face federal crimes for what he did in office. He will resign before January 20 and allow Pence to parson him for everything. He'll play it off as if it's protecting himself from the deep state Democrats should go rigged the election against him. If they rigged the election, they'll rig up another witch hunt to nail him when he leaves office.

Trump's worry, and the reason why he is terrified of leaving office, is entirely wrapped up in state court - specifically New York State. This is where he'll have to face the music for his crimes.

Yep and all that debt he owes.

The outcome isn’t my focus, it’s the fact that these people acted in ways that should be investigated.

Trump never giving up his businesses and how much did his policy have to do with getting $$$ from other countries

Shit we still don’t have the answers on what exactly did Russia do and have over Trump

Child separation, trafficking, and losing track of families

Our covid response and threats of holding back aid based on politics

The Post Office delays

And just today Lady G telling a SOS to throw out valid ballots.

How many people do you know that are turned off of politics because they believe they are crooks or held to a different standard ? Breaking the law and owning libs seems to energize half the country, while the other half relies on the people who have the most to lose to step up.

I believe it’s the apathy towards any sort of justice or equality that turns so many away.

I don’t want Biden or a DOJ to investigate because Trump was mean. But the last four years has been nothing but a shit show and if there were crimes committed, it’s the foundation of our democracy to investigate. Or we end up closer to a Russia where the heads of state end up getting more and more powerful once the right (or wrong) person is in charge.

The outcome isn’t my focus, it’s the fact that these people acted in ways that should be investigated.

Trump never giving up his businesses and how much did his policy have to do with getting $$$ from other countries

Shit we still don’t have the answers on what exactly did Russia do and have over Trump

Child separation, trafficking, and losing track of families

Our covid response and threats of holding back aid based on politics

The Post Office delays

And just today Lady G telling a SOS to throw out valid ballots.

How many people do you know that are turned off of politics because they believe they are crooks or held to a different standard ? Breaking the law and owning libs seems to energize half the country, while the other half relies on the people who have the most to lose to step up.

I believe it’s the apathy towards any sort of justice or equality that turns so many away.

I don’t want Biden or a DOJ to investigate because Trump was mean. But the last four years has been nothing but a shit show and if there were crimes committed, it’s the foundation of our democracy to investigate. Or we end up closer to a Russia where the heads of state end up getting more and more powerful once the right (or wrong) person is in charge.
I mean.... it's on the lede.

Biden has told aides that he's concerned that investigations would divide the country but that he would leave decisions up to an independent Justice Department.

He's going to leave any potential investigations up to an independent judiciary - which is exactly what it should be. The president should not be pushing for investigations into his political opponents. We can't go from 4 years of protesting this clown doing just that and start off by having OUR guy do the same thing.

Allow the judiciary to make the right call on their own without interference from the executive. You know... how it's supposed to be done.

Bravo Bernie. Adding "get off the WH lawn" would have made this tweet even better.

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
·
20h

Donald Trump will go down in history not just as a racist, sexist, xenophobe and religious bigot. He will be remembered as a demagogue who, more than anyone else, attempted to undermine the rule of law and destroy American democracy. He will not be missed.

The country is already divided. I see a huge problem in any politician (Biden included) getting involved in the judiciary's investigations, even if it's simply to express "preference". Stay out of it entirely and let them prosecute if they believe they have the goods.

I think that there is a high chance of Trump fucking off to Mar-a-Lago for Thanksgiving and never coming back to the WH.

The country is already divided. I see a huge problem in any politician (Biden included) getting involved in the judiciary's investigations, even if it's simply to express "preference". Stay out of it entirely and let them prosecute if they believe they have the goods.

I think that there is a high chance of Trump fucking off to Mar-a-Lago for Thanksgiving and never coming back to the WH.
Not sure if it will be that soon, but I've always thought that it was/is highly likely that Trump resigns after realizing that self pardoning isn't a thing.

Maybe that's why Pence has hung around for so long... because he'll actually get to say that he was the 46th president, if only for a few weeks.

Not sure if it will be that soon, but I've always thought that it was/is highly likely that Trump resigns after realizing that self pardoning isn't a thing.

Maybe that's why Pence has hung around for so long... because he'll actually get to say that he was the 46th president, if only for a few weeks.

Maybe but I just can't fathom the Donald resigning. We know that objectively it makes sense b/c of the pardon but he has a massive ego and might view a pardon as an implicit admission of guilt. I also think that he's petty and won't want to give Mike Pence the satisfaction of being President (even if for a day).

As a lawyer, he's honestly the worst client to have. Even the criminals who may not pay you are usually at least deferential to reason and legal advice.

All kinds of gross things about Ivanka in the VF expose (and also about daddy dearest). May we all be rid of this scourge of a family.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/ivanka-trump-was-my-best-friend-now-shes-maga-royalty

Sadly nothing in that article surprises me. Didn't really need to know that Ivanka plucked her friend's ingrown bikini line hair, that's definitely TMI.

Trump's comments about young girls are deeply disturbing. It's a decades long sick pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom