US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impeachment. Now.

Not just for years of alternate reality and lack of leadership, but denying a legitimate election and inciting MAGA deplorables.

Thugs?

When the looting starts the shooting starts?

LAW AND ORDER right?

Not so tough anymore, agent Orange.

I liked Colbert's takedown very much (as usual), but I felt Seth Meyers' was so succinct, it was the true mic drop.

Also, their respective interviews with Amy Klobuchar, Adam Kinzinger, Nicole Wallace etc. (or just saw Jimmy Fallon talking to Katie Tur) are once again impressive and, I've been feeling for a very long time now, much more worthwhile than what you get to see and hear on the news channels.

OK, I've always considered Nixon to be our worst President simply because of Watergate and the resignation that followed. There were many other reasons, but let's go with those two. I think Shitbag senses that Nixon is considered the worst and wants to be #1, so he's doing everything that he can to make that a thing. He wasn't impeached or forced to resign (yet), but he did encourage an attack on the Nation's Capitol, so there's that.

OK, I've always considered Nixon to be our worst President simply because of Watergate and the resignation that followed. There were many other reasons, but let's go with those two. I think Shitbag senses that Nixon is considered the worst and wants to be #1, so he's doing everything that he can to make that a thing. He wasn't impeached or forced to resign (yet), but he did encourage an attack on the Nation's Capitol, so there's that.

Oh he cemented his legacy as the worst ever President yesterday for sure.

I'm teetering between despondent and furious.

I had to get my 3 year old from preschool early. A preschool that is operating with smaller classrooms split into pods to keep the different kids separated so that if there's an outbreak the entire school doesn't have to close, because this administration has utterly butchered the response to this pandemic.

I had to pick him up because the school is located a block and a half from The Capitol and had to go into lockdown to ensure the safety of the kids, as ther was a FUCKING COUP going on down the block.

I can't.

Late to the party, but as others have said, hate that you and especially your kids had to experience yesterday. Same for Irvine and all the DC residents.
(Where does LN7 live again? Anybody know?)

Trump is most definitely the dumbest/most intellectually and morally challenged US President in history - but even taking into account the mass negligence in doing nothing to stop hundreds of thousands of Covid deaths, it's hard to see him as having been as damaging globally as Reagan or Dubya (and I'm not counting Trump's being a huge repellent dipshit to everyone bar our suck up of a Prime Minister in this).

Pence allegedly said "after everything I've done for him". Wake the f up Mike, that's the problem. You were complicit all these years. Enablers of narcissists will always ultimately pay the price. Pence deserves to pay the price, he put his own ambition above country. What a patriot.

Cry me a river

Ditto for every single suckup enabler who is now running to CNN anonymously to talk about invoking the 25th Amendment. All complicit, all without moral courage and principles.

Pence allegedly said "after everything I've done for him". Wake the f up Mike, that's the problem. You were complicit all these years. Enablers of narcissists will always ultimately pay the price. Pence deserves to pay the price, he put his own ambition above country. What a patriot.

Cry me a river

Its amazing it took till just now for some of the Republican (T)rumpswabs to wake up to who he is.

Its amazing it took till just now for some of the Republican (T)rumpswabs to wake up to who he is.

They knew who he was many years ago. They sold their souls and their dignity and everything else they might have had(maybe not) for Supreme Court seats and tax cuts for themselves and their rich friends. And for personal ambition

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1347142374086955009?s=21

Agree with every word Joe screams here.

Either we are a nation of laws or we aren’t. If we do nothing or some half ass response, this will continue and it will get worse.

Four people died yesterday but State capitals around country allow open carry. Imagine if these nazis had guns yesterday and how many people would have died.

That’s what’s coming in other areas

I think something else to consider here is how bad this looks for national security. A bunch of angry civilians with facebook accounts were able to forcibly occupy Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom