US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ilhan omar has tweeted that her office is already drawing up new articles of some impeachment. cori bush also has a motion drafted up to expel the GOP "objectors" from congress.

Good. I hope it gains bipartisan support.

Also, Olympus Has Fallen doesn't seem as far fetched now. As long as you're white, you could actually pull that shit off.

I'm glad that everyone in here is accepting the reality that race played a huge role in this attempted coup being carried out as far as it was. Still seeing some people downplay it, but we all know the truth.

I'm glad that everyone in here is accepting the reality that race played a huge role in this attempted coup being carried out as far as it was. Still seeing some people downplay it, but we all know the truth.

It absolutely did. Downplaying that is absurd.

The DC police are moving in now to get them out before the 6pm curfew. Other than the initial "skirmish", what did police do?? Who were they taking orders from? Valid questions.

Hearing now that the capitol building has been secured.

Not sure where they will proceed from here, but I sure as hell know what I would order.

I would go even beyond to say that it's about time people recognize that most of this can be traced back to a reaction to Obama being elected president. You can draw a direct line from Tea Party to the radicalization of the Republican Party around white supremacist ideas to the demolition of the Voting Rights Act to Trump's ascension to Charlottesville to the Bible episode in the summer to today. Which is why it is infuriating to hear people say that "this is extraordinary" or "unthinkable". It's been clear for a while that this was bound to happen.

i'm fine, i'm a couple miles away. but hearing that private residences on Capitol Hill are being evacuated.

lots of sirens though, hearing them right now.

It's almost as if inciting violence leads to actual violence.
Ya think
Imagine if these were young black men instead.
Blood on Capitol steps... :(. Or on the grass, walkways not be ven letting them get to the Capitol :(
At least it will be hard for the moderate Dems to pretend that the last four years didn't happen.
hmm....
Capitol steps during a BLM protest last year

View attachment 12752
Yup... That was an insane photo!
Imagine this being a BLM protest, you’de have the national guard and the tear gas faster than you can count to 3! I hope trump and his family and throw in Ted Cruz and others get dragged out in handcuff for the criminals that they all are!
Yup sigh
Precious to see some Republicans like McConnell now saying that this is un-American or unconstitutional. Like you are not responsible for creating this horde of grievance-fueled zombies since January 20, 2009.
Yeah, fuckers... wring your hands in faux "objection"!

Hawley to the rioters before they got in. Remember, he wants to run for President

View attachment 12756
REMEMBER that fucker's face!

Good. I hope it gains bipartisan support.
Yeah
A lot of future political ads could draw from today...
Hopefully it'll shock some people into some serious pondering

Last edited:
Having a discussion slight argument with my friends back in Iowa about this.

They think this was no big deal, that the police did a good job since this could have been really violent and now it appears to be blowing over.

I think this is one of the worst things to have happened to our democracy ever. We had a bunch of MAGA terrorists storm the capital. They broke in, they forced congress to hide. The VP to be taken away by secret service.

Imagine if this group did have weapons, a bomb, something like the Nashville terrorist. Police just let them in, or were so ill prepared that they couldn’t protect our government.

I also believe that Trump should be impeached or 25th immediately. My friends think you ignore all of this. Don’t pay attention and it’ll go away.

This cannot be ignored.

As an Iowan, that's fucking embarrassing and shameful and you need new friends.

Precious to see some Republicans like McConnell now saying that this is un-American or unconstitutional. Like you are not responsible for creating this horde of grievance-fueled zombies since January 20, 2009.

I'm watching NBC at the moment and for some unknown reason, they interviewed Markwayne Mullin earlier. He's one of the people who wanted to participate in the stupid little GOP stunt for today. And he totally went all "both sides have had violent rhetoric", "This kind of angry rhetoric was happening even before Trump took office", "I don't think these are legitimate Trump supporters".

They shoudl've ended the interview right there. Or, better yet, not talked to him at all. Stop. Fucking. Interviewing. These. People. I don't want to hear a goddamn word from any of the GOP or Trump. The Democrats now have full control of Congress. Go interview them. Go interview people who are willing to call this shit out for what it is: a coup. Domestic terrorism. White privilege. And so on.

ilhan omar has tweeted that her office is already drawing up new articles of some impeachment. impeachment would be better because it would bar trump from running for office ever again. 25th would allow him to claim he "recovered" and run again in 2024.

cori bush also has a motion drafted to expel the GOP "objectors" from congress for sedition.

Good. Give them all hell. I want to see every last one of these assholes held accountable in every way possible.

Those of you living in and around the D.C. area, please take care and stay safe.

i mean, i am charging my cell phone.

the woman who died was a MAGA who was shot climbing though a window she had just shattered.

l

I'm watching NBC at the moment and for some unknown reason, they interviewed Markwayne Mullin earlier. He's one of the people who wanted to participate in the stupid little GOP stunt for today. And he totally went all "both sides have had violent rhetoric", "This kind of angry rhetoric was happening even before Trump took office", "I don't think these are legitimate Trump supporters".

Oh, Moonlit that was him!
That was the Repug Rep who was insinuating that those weren't drumph
supporters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom