US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/danepps/status/1327072998306746368?s=21

Those damn radical left wing judges....i mean oops

You have at least three judges that are partisan hacks.

Alito
Thomas
Barrett — i admit I’m projecting her to be based on that fact that she went thru with confirmation and then appeared with President for his campaign bullshit at the WH

Kavanaugh may be one too but we’ll see. He openly talked about revenge against the Democrats for what he went through (and maybe Matt Damon too.... ;) )

Gorsuch seems like he’ll follow the law as he sees it from 1876, but doesn’t come across as someone who’ll make his politics known

CNN finally called Arizona for Biden, now that Biden's lead is bigger than the number of votes outstanding. :rolleyes:

Are they not going to call Georgia until after the recount? I want Orange Donny to suck on that big 306 landslide.

Most likely, from what I’ve read. No need to rush with a projection at this stage anyway.

Surprised they haven’t called NC for Trump though.

Rumors are that whenever Trump gives in to the fact that he lost, he will do that by just announcing that he's running in 2024.

That would be straight out of the Narcissist Playbook. He can project an image that he is still a "winner" and get his followers to fawn all over him. I think he'll do that.

This is more petty than when I continually said that that Packers finished the 2012 season at 12-4 instead of 11-5 because of the Fail Mary.

It’s all just theater at this point.

Until it isn’t.

Think the next phase is talk of state(s) electors “discussing” with the White House about casting the EC votes for Trump despite Biden winning them.

I put it in “” cause i think there are enough guardrails in place where it wouldn’t happen

But at this point nothing would shock me.

I would still like to see some shakeup within Dem leadership, both in Congress and with the national party.

It doesn’t have to be AOC or someone like that, but less Old White people would be a good first step. Policy would naturally shift with that change alone

Rumors are that whenever Trump gives in to the fact that he lost, he will do that by just announcing that he's running in 2024.

Is there an escalator in the WH from which he will descend to grace us all with the news?

It’s all just theater at this point.

Until it isn’t.

Think the next phase is talk of state(s) electors “discussing” with the White House about casting the EC votes for Trump despite Biden winning them.

I put it in “” cause i think there are enough guardrails in place where it wouldn’t happen

Yeah, I don't think that many electors chosen by the Democratic Party (in the states where Biden won) will become faithless and change their vote. Though it would be interesting to hear what the White House would want to discuss with Hillary Clinton (who is apparently an elector for the state of New York).

More than 130 Secret Service officers are quarantining due to positive coronavirus tests or exposure to a co-worker who has tested positive, the Washington Post reports.

Why it matters: Officials told the Post that they believe the cases at least partly stem from President Trump's run of campaign rallies before Election Day. The number of officers forced off-duty — roughly 10% of its core security team — could stress the Secret Service at large, forcing overtime and missed days off to make up for the strain.

"Being down more than 100 officers is very problematic. That does not bode well for White House security," a former senior Secret Service supervisor told the Post.

https://twitter.com/danepps/status/1327072998306746368?s=21

Those damn radical left wing judges....i mean oops

You have at least three judges that are partisan hacks.

Alito
Thomas
Barrett — i admit I’m projecting her to be based on that fact that she went thru with confirmation and then appeared with President for his campaign bullshit at the WH

Kavanaugh may be one too but we’ll see. He openly talked about revenge against the Democrats for what he went through (and maybe Matt Damon too.... ;) )

Gorsuch seems like he’ll follow the law as he sees it from 1876, but doesn’t come across as someone who’ll make his politics known

Have we heard a SINGLE PEEP about judicial activism in recent months? Anyone? Bueller??

Because “judicial activism” is yet another one of those things that the Republicans are VERY concerned about when it suits them. Others include the debt and fiscal conservatism.

When it's partly crazy tin foil hat stuff, but also partly ehhhh i can kinda see that happening stuff

https://twitter.com/Sifill_LDF/status/1327250444947697673

Donald Trump still thinks the Chinese government showed “strength” when they killed more than 200 people to crush pro-democracy student protests in 1989 — but he's not saying he agrees with what the regime did.

“That doesn’t mean I was endorsing that,” Trump said. “I said that was a strong, powerful government. They kept down the riot, it was a horrible thing.”

Trump told Playboy in a 1990 interview: "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016.../03/donald-trump-tianamen-square-putin-220610

i'm sure the GOP will understand that he's upset and has a right to his feelings.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1327299859804729345?s=21

We think people like this are outliers. We thought the same thing about the Tea Party.

This idea that if we just ignore the nutters they go away isn’t true. They end up getting inside the damn building.

She couldn’t even name one committee when asked if there were any she was looking forward to joining.

Tommy Tubberville thinks the three branches of government are, house, senate, executive

This is why we’ll never have nice things again.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1327299859804729345?s=21

We think people like this are outliers. We thought the same thing about the Tea Party.

This idea that if we just ignore the nutters they go away isn’t true. They end up getting inside the damn building.

She couldn’t even name one committee when asked if there were any she was looking forward to joining.

Tommy Tubberville thinks the three branches of government are, house, senate, executive

This is why we’ll never have nice things again.

“My body, my choice.”

I’m sure she stands for that on everything.

“My body, my choice.”

I’m sure she stands for that on everything.

:lol:

https://ivoterguide.com/candidate?elecK=681&raceK=1332&primarypartyk=-&canK=53004

Right to Life

Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.

Strongly Agree

Abortion providers, including Planned Parenthood, should not receive taxpayer funds or grants from federal, state, or local governments.

Strongly Agree

I support the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which requires health care providers to provide life-saving treatment for infants who survive an attempted abortion.

Strongly Agree

Under what circumstances should abortion be allowed?

I am against abortion and I believe life begins at conception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom