US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Hopefully we'll ALL have access to one of the promising vaccines in the pipeline by spring.

(vaccines developed in record time!)

In the name of science, crisis, and in the name of capitalism, don’t you go giving credit to a president. This shit pisses me off more than anything. Doesn’t matter if it’s Trump or Obama or whatever. As someone whose entire industry is ridden with this bullshit, no Donald Trump didn’t get Americans launching back into space via commercial crew. It was an Obama era program that took over a decade to develop. And no it wasn’t Obama’s idea. NASA gave Obama’s team a document and said “review and sign, please.”

https://twitter.com/djjudd/status/1332704615234752518?s=21

I’m positive the GOP have created a monster within. A giant orange monster that will eat its own

Read the thread

I really hope that GOP voters in GA don’t write in Trump’s name for the GA senate seats. That would really stick it to a lib like me. I’d feel so owned if Trump got lots of votes. I lie awake worrying about it. So worried. About writing in Trump’s name. For the GA election in January. I’d be positively owned. A lib like me. Owned.

Please don’t write in Trump’s name.

Where
Ditto to everyone. I got COVID tested on Tuesday (I work in a hospital and woke up with a sore throat and congestion) so I am confined to home. Wasn’t planning to go anywhere today anyway. Probably won’t have results until Friday with the holiday, but feeling fine today.
Good luck. Didn't, know u worked in a hospital.

Bwah! :lol:

Interesting - so this is a real official desk (at first thought someone just took The Seal and put on a smaller desk) but the public never sees it this way.
It's always surrounded by other people watching a (the) President singing a bill.
There's photos of Obama at that desk totally surrounded by others signing a bill.

Of course, w Drumph being there all alone, having been SO nasty about other people's disabilities, since he is thst overweight - looks just so silly sitting there! :lol:

Last edited:
In the name of science, crisis, and in the name of capitalism, don’t you go giving credit to a president.

Especially considering Trump infamously said earlier this year that he takes no responsibility for anything relating to this pandemic, and left it all up to individual states and whatnot to handle it. Even if one wanted to try and credit Trump for these vaccines, if he isn't going to take responsibility for the bad stuff that happened as a result of this virus, that means he doesn't get any of the credit for any good things that happened, either, then.

Well of course Trump is falsely accusing Biden of trying to take credit for the vaccines. And claiming that he's the one who deserves the credit. He isn't.

I really hope that GOP voters in GA don’t write in Trump’s name for the GA senate seats. That would really stick it to a lib like me. I’d feel so owned if Trump got lots of votes. I lie awake worrying about it. So worried. About writing in Trump’s name. For the GA election in January. I’d be positively owned. A lib like me. Owned.

Please don’t write in Trump’s name.
Nothing would pwn me more than Georgians writing in Trump's name. It would love rent free in my head for all time. I'm not sure I'd ever get over it.

Please don't do it. I'm begging you, Georgia. It would be just too mean.

So trump is planning on announcing a 2024 run and having a campaign rally on Jan 20 at the same time of the inauguration. Lol that man baby just never stops! I hope no one covers his rally that day! The less the media covers him, the faster he will go away!

I bet the 3 million was paid by his followers

Trump falls short in Wisconsin recount he paid $3 million for

The Associated Press
Sun, November 29, 2020, 3:42 PM EST

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin finished a recount of its presidential results on Sunday, confirming Democrat Joe Biden's victory over President Donald Trump in the key battleground state. Trump vowed to challenge the outcome in court even before the recount concluded.

Dane County was the second and last county to finish its recount, reporting a 45-vote gain for Trump. Milwaukee County, the state's other big and overwhelmingly liberal county targeted in a recount that Trump paid $3 million for, reported its results Friday, a 132-vote gain for Biden.

Taken together, the two counties barely budged Biden's winning margin of about 20,600 votes, giving the winner a net gain of 87 votes.

NBC News
Biden and Harris announce all-female communications team
Tim Stelloh
Sun, November 29, 2020, 5:35 PM EST

President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Sunday announced an all-female communications team aimed at bringing "diverse perspectives" to the White House.

Jen Psaki, a top member of the transition team who served in the Obama-Biden administration, was chosen as the incoming White House press secretary. Kate Bedingfield, who was the deputy campaign manager for the Biden-Harris campaign, will serve as White House Communications Director.

In a statement, Biden called the team "qualified, experienced communicators" who will "bring diverse perspectives to their work and a shared commitment to building this country back better."

Harris added that they will communicate “clearly, honestly and transparently” as the country grapples with the pandemic and a series of other crises.

Symone Sanders, one of the most prominent faces of the Biden 2020 campaign, will serve as a senior adviser and chief spokesperson for Harris.

Also on the roster:

Elizabeth Alexander, a senior adviser to the Biden-Harris campaign who will serve as first lady Jill Biden’s communication director.

Ashley Etienne, a senior campaign adviser who will serve as Harris’ communications director.

Karine Jean Pierre, a senior adviser to Biden who will serve as deputy press secretary.

Pili Tobar, a Biden-Harris campaign director and former deputy director at America’s Voice, a non-profit that advocated for immigration reform, will serve as deputy White House communications director.

In between all his election fraud tweets Trump actually tweeted get well soon to Biden. He fractured a foot while playing with one of his dogs. Has to be in a walking boot.

Why can I never believe that Trump has pure motives and good intentions? Gee I wonder why.

In between all his election fraud tweets Trump actually tweeted get well soon to Biden. He fractured a foot while playing with one of his dogs. Has to be in a walking boot.

Why can I never believe that Trump has pure motives and good intentions? Gee I wonder why.

I get the impression that Trump has no sense of the damage he does when he plays his charades, and the well wishing is one of his kite grounded personas that acknowledges he is in fact playing charades. He did a similar thing with Obama and the Clintons when he won in 2016, calling them good people and saying they don’t need to be locked up lol.

I get the impression that Trump has no sense of the damage he does when he plays his charades, and the well wishing is one of his kite grounded personas that acknowledges he is in fact playing charades. He did a similar thing with Obama and the Clintons when he won in 2016, calling them good people and saying they don’t need to be locked up lol.

Bipolar or similar perhaps?

Im no psychiatrist but that just reads to me to be classical narcissism... which shares traits with borderline and bipolar. If he somehow manages to categorically evade being a diagnosed narcissist he’s probably borderline.

Im no psychiatrist but that just reads to me to be classical narcissism... which shares traits with borderline and bipolar. If he somehow manages to categorically evade being a diagnosed narcissist he’s probably borderline.

I'm not a psychiatrist either, but obviously I call him a narcissist all the time. He has all the traits. Unfortunately I have one in my family, so I'm painfully familiar.

To me he posted the get well wishes to Biden in order to egg on his followers to talk crap about Biden. For example, that Biden is so old and decrepit etc.

A narc will put on facades and some people will believe that they have a nice side, but there's always an ulterior motive. Always a scheme behind every word and action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom