US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2020, 04:23 PM   #821
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
i think i'd like to focus on the potential fuckery and coup the republicans may be plotting here before worrying about 2024.

https://twitter.com/costareports/sta...98183709437957
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #822
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
And also, probably would have been good foresight of the founding fathers to not let a president that was impeached (convicted or not) be able to run again.
every single first-term president who has a house controlled by the opposing party gets impeached for whatever reason, no matter what, with this rule.
__________________

DaveC is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #823
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Trump is not going to be in the physical or mental state in 2024 to run.

However, he could be very irritating in the immediate future - next year or two, imagine the possibility for grift if he starts charging for entry into his rally events and God knows what else.

I also think that the odds of Biden being able to run in 2024 are extremely slim. Barring something changing in the next 4 years, I don't see Kamala Harris running strongly in a number of key states, but to womanfish's point, who else is there?

Time to trot out Michelle Obama.
Trump is a human cockroach. Eats hamberders and drinks soda and goes on forever. Hate to say it but it's true, you just can't kill him.

I think Mayor Pete could be a possibility. I think he will get a good job in the Biden administration. He's on the transition team.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #824
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Also I would vote for Michelle Obama. But she has no interest. She has seen all the ugliness and wants no part of that.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #825
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i think i'd like to focus on the potential fuckery and coup the republicans may be plotting here before worrying about 2024.

https://twitter.com/costareports/sta...98183709437957


It’s important because no one on the GOP has given in yet. They won’t until they’ve exhausted every resource. They desperately want to find some loophole or obscure law that the SC can justify.

I lean towards it won’t get that far.

My biggest concern at the moment and the next four years is Joe being completely handicapped to do anything.

Oh, you ordered a National mask mandate??? Nope! Justice Amy says freedom from tyranny !!!
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #826
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
I worry about Barr, and I worry about the Supreme Court.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #827
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
every single first-term president who has a house controlled by the opposing party gets impeached for whatever reason, no matter what, with this rule.
very good point. Best hope is that he is convicted of a felony in NY.
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #828
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 09:36 PM
So are the Dems supposed to look for unity with those who don’t accept their legitimacy? Asking for a friend.
gump is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #829
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 09:36 PM
"All my victories down ballot are legitimate, but your victory at the top of the ticket isn't" is quite the argument considering that they are all literally on the same ballot.
gump is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #830
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Trump is not going to be in the physical or mental state in 2024 to run.

However, he could be very irritating in the immediate future - next year or two, imagine the possibility for grift if he starts charging for entry into his rally events and God knows what else.

I also think that the odds of Biden being able to run in 2024 are extremely slim. Barring something changing in the next 4 years, I don't see Kamala Harris running strongly in a number of key states, but to womanfish's point, who else is there?

Time to trot out Michelle Obama.


I don’t see how a dem wins if their message is “Kamala isn’t fit to be president” in 2024. Who the heck is going to rally around the “our administration is far from perfect” cry?

She’s on deck and should run unopposed from anyone aside from your strong progressive candidate.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #831
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Rupert out?

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/st...591071745?s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #832
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
So are the Dems supposed to look for unity with those who don’t accept their legitimacy? Asking for a friend.
Sigh... yes. To a point, yes.

You need to be able to appeal to enough swing or moderate republican voters to pick off a couple of GOP senators if you want to accomplish anything legislative.

You're only going to need one or two, because the Democrats now control the tie breaker.

So short of sweeping both GA senate seats? Yea, you're going to have to try.

Sell out? No. Try to swing a Romney, Collins, Murkowski? Absolutely.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #833
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I don't recall Fox ever doing that before, right?
phanan is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #834
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Arizona

Rupert has had enough. His sons can't stand Trump, that has to be the case. If you couldn't stand Ailes you can't stand Trump. Practically the same person.

Rupert is 89. Who wants a manbaby trying to tell them what to do at age 89? It's a clash of giant egos too.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #835
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post


Or Rupert diversifying his portfolio with a more extreme network setup post Trump so that Fox News can continue to capture the mainstream
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #836
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Or Rupert diversifying his portfolio with a more extreme network setup post Trump so that Fox News can continue to capture the mainstream
To counter what NBC is trying to do with CNBC. I can dig it
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #837
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status...457391107?s=09
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #838
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Sigh... yes. To a point, yes.

You need to be able to appeal to enough swing or moderate republican voters to pick off a couple of GOP senators if you want to accomplish anything legislative.

You're only going to need one or two, because the Democrats now control the tie breaker.

So short of sweeping both GA senate seats? Yea, you're going to have to try.

Sell out? No. Try to swing a Romney, Collins, Murkowski? Absolutely.
Oh, I think that's obviously true - but these three you mention are exactly those (plus Sasse, I guess) who have accepted Biden's win.

I'm talking more about the handwringing from various corners about how Dems have to reach out to those core Trump supporters - who basically will never accept their legitimacy.
gump is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #839
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Oh, I think that's obviously true - but these three you mention are exactly those (plus Sasse, I guess) who have accepted Biden's win.



I'm talking more about the handwringing from various corners about how Dems have to reach out to those core Trump supporters - who basically will never accept their legitimacy.
Well his base, no. Fuck them.

But clearly a lot more than just his base voted for him. These are the people who need to be reached and swung.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #840
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 09:36 PM
What is the calculus for the Kaleigh McEnanys of the world in sticking with Trump? Feels like it's really a lapse in judgement here. For Trump, it makes sense to keep this going given (i) his narcissism; (ii) financial troubles; and (iii) legal troubles, but what's in it for the rest of them? These people could easily get well-paying jobs in the next few years while they cleanse themselves from Trump.
__________________

gump is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×