US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #761
New Yorker
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 09:47 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mocratic-party

Not even 24 hours have passed since winning the presidency and there's already infighting among the Democrats. I generally like AOC but this is ridiculous. Keep this shit in house and show a unified front. Shit like this isn't productive. It's alienating. I don't remember any Republican infighting after they won an election. They put their differences aside and focus on achieving their evil goals, and they're usually successful.

Imagine if a team won the Stanley Cup and the second line centre started ripping his teammates...
__________________

Hollow Island is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #762
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Didn't the lamestream media call the election in his favor in 2016?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Since when does the Lamestream Media call who our next president will be? We have all learned a lot in the last two weeks!
1:52 PM · Nov 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone




Also the House and Senate races are on the same ballot as President, but somehow there are no allegations of fraud about those results. Ok
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #763
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Going to get tired of all the whining “What about the feelings of the 70 million who are called horrible people for only supporting the President”

Because they are horrible. You support that man, with all the evidence of his greed, hatred, lies, and I’m supposed to believe you’re a overall good person ? I’m not going to call you a monster, a racist, cause those may not be true. But what is true is you cannot be a good person and support Donald Trump and all the policies he’s implemented and wants to.

And there’s still plenty of anger and crazy out there


https://twitter.com/grahamdavida/sta...961876481?s=21
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #764
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mocratic-party

Not even 24 hours have passed since winning the presidency and there's already infighting among the Democrats. I generally like AOC but this is ridiculous. Keep this shit in house and show a unified front. Shit like this isn't productive. It's alienating. I don't remember any Republican infighting after they won an election. They put their differences aside and focus on achieving their evil goals, and they're usually successful.

Imagine if a team won the Stanley Cup and the second line centre started ripping his teammates...


They’re not teammates though. They played on the all star team together. They play for other teams.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-08-2020, 06:28 PM   #765
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 05:47 PM
So one humorous “defund the police” story.

The Republican challenger for governor in Washington was the police chief in a small town named Republic. There literally isn’t a single stoplight in the whole county. He ran as Trumpian a campaign as you possibly could, and has refused to concede even though he lost by 20 points, citing voting “irregularities” such as people voting overwhelmingly for (gasp) mandatory sex education.

Anyway, he essentially took a 2 month leave of absence from his job to campaign for governor, and while he was away, the city council voted to defund the police department, signing a contract with the county sheriff’s department to police the town. So not only did he lose the governor’s race miserably, he now has no job. He posted a video whining about it if anyone cares to look for it.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #766
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,470
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post


James Clyburn has lost his humanity.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #767
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Biden continues to withstand Trump in AZ. I would suspect that it will become official in another day or so.

At least official to those who didn't make it so originally.
phanan is online now  
Old 11-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #768
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 01:47 AM
https://twitter.com/glennkesslerwp/s...445260801?s=21

They’re gonna be shitheads to the end. Not that we didn’t think otherwise
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 09:42 PM   #769
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,081
Local Time: 07:47 PM
I’m just glad that it was a decisive victory with more than one state making the difference. Because then I would legitimately be concerned that Trump would somehow get the supreme court to do something in his favor. But now there’s just no way.
mikal is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #770
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 09:47 PM
For sure. Georgia being the tightest race with the close call in a recount totally takes away legitimacy of attacking PA et al
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #771
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,081
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Exactly. I’d have a much different feeling if Biden hadn’t absolutely crushed Trump in Michigan and Pennsylvania and everything was in <10,000 votes.
mikal is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #772
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/13...933683200?s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 10:00 PM   #773
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/glennkesslerwp/s...445260801?s=21

They’re gonna be shitheads to the end. Not that we didn’t think otherwise


Remember in 2000 when the Bush admin moved into the WH, there was massive outrage on the Republican side about how Clinton staffers had taken off all the W keys from West Wing keyboards as a joke? The disrespect!!
anitram is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #774
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,843
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Exactly. I’d have a much different feeling if Biden hadn’t absolutely crushed Trump in Michigan and Pennsylvania and everything was in <10,000 votes.
Well, you can say that Biden won by a difference of about 50,000 votes in total in three key states (Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin). That's still a slim margin.
Popmartijn is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:23 AM   #775
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
LJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5,191
Local Time: 02:47 AM
I read a bit of redstate every now and then just to see what reality trump supporters are living in, lot of comments of just waiting for the command from Trump to go into open insurrection.

Most likely scenario from the Georgia senate run offs is probably one apiece which would still leave a senate in control of the republicans. I know the general hope is to get hold of the senate and I suppose there will be another chance in 2022. By then I imagine the GOP will be running the line that Biden has achieved and done nothing (though that will be because they will be obstructionist). But it makes every election for the foreseeable future life or death. It's a hell of a stressor on the functioning of a country.

What do you do with 70 million people who thought Trump was a good idea?

I am grateful for the Biden win as it stops Boris Johnson being too foolhardy with Brexit now that Trump will go, Biden has stated his opposition to anything that damages/affects the border in Ireland greatly. It also stems the tide of countries the world over going for the authoritarian autocrat figures.
LJT is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:33 AM   #776
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Another big dump of votes in Philly to bring Biden to an almost 50k advantage.

I want to see it go over 100k.

Let there be no doubt.
phanan is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #777
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...805796354?s=19

Imagine a world where a president can put out a statement based on fact, science, and without taking pot shots at his political opponents.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #778
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Oh, but they waited to release this until after Biden was called for. It’s a conspiracy!
phanan is online now  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #779
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
What do you do with 70 million people who thought Trump was a good idea?

.

Just like in 2016, the GOP controls the media narrative on how we have to really understand and empathize with the Trump supporter.

Yet in both cases they were the minority voters. Shouldn’t it be focused more on what the majority of people want?

In 2016 you could make that argument a little bit because trump was so different and new in politics. “Economic Anxiety” Sounded much better than calling everyone a bigot or racist.

There’s no excuse for 2020. Trump, GOP, and those that voted for him showed what it was really about. Power.

Take every category a Trump voter falls into and it’s the same thing, power over something or someone.

And you’re right. Because of the maps and EC, literally every election now is a battle between some barely functional government and a collapse into authoritarian rule.

This is where a new guard is necessary in the Democratic Party. People who are with the timer and can mobilize the vote and not be afraid to call out the bullshit.

If Biden can somehow get covid under control I’ll feel better about 2022 and 2024
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #780
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Just like in 2016, the GOP controls the media narrative on how we have to really understand and empathize with the Trump supporter.

Yet in both cases they were the minority voters. Shouldn’t it be focused more on what the majority of people want?

In 2016 you could make that argument a little bit because trump was so different and new in politics. “Economic Anxiety” Sounded much better than calling everyone a bigot or racist.

There’s no excuse for 2020. Trump, GOP, and those that voted for him showed what it was really about. Power.

Take every category a Trump voter falls into and it’s the same thing, power over something or someone.

And you’re right. Because of the maps and EC, literally every election now is a battle between some barely functional government and a collapse into authoritarian rule.

This is where a new guard is necessary in the Democratic Party. People who are with the timer and can mobilize the vote and not be afraid to call out the bullshit.

If Biden can somehow get covid under control I’ll feel better about 2022 and 2024
Should it be focused on the majority? Yes.

Should we ignore the minority? Doing so would be a monumental mistake.

The numbers may look to be enormous because we're dealing in millions. But it's 52% to 48%. That's not an overwhelming mandate.

Ignoring 48% of the population is a mistake that will lead to a the rise of a new Trump, and the next Trump may not be so erratic and transactional.

If Trump didn't butcher the response to covid, even with everything else he did, we may be having a completely different conversation today. Let's not lose sight of that.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×