US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor is Trump will fire Wray at FBI, and Gina H over at CIA

GOP will not refer to Biden as President Elect

I think we’ve found out new Benghazi for the short term, election fraud!!!

Democrats will try to govern and help with covid

GOP will want hearings after hearings on voting

Once you read every action from the angle of "nothing other than power matters to the GOP" those statements from the GA candidates make eminent sense.

On Trump's 2024 chances. My instinct says this is terrible for the GOP as it will prevent anyone else from emerging and running against a pretty old Biden or Harris. But my instincts also though Trump winning the 2016 primaries was terrible for the GOP, and look where that got us.

If Biden doesn't continue for a second term and Bernie is too old to do it. Then I think Trump would be pretty successful in 2024. Imagine doing rallies for 4 years along with a TrumpTV spewing propaganda for 34,000 hours until then. And who would be able to win against him? Is Harris going to win the midwest? Florida? TX? Hell, even AZ or GA?

And if not her... who?

And also, probably would have been good foresight of the founding fathers to not let a president that was impeached (convicted or not) be able to run again.

Trump is not going to be in the physical or mental state in 2024 to run.

However, he could be very irritating in the immediate future - next year or two, imagine the possibility for grift if he starts charging for entry into his rally events and God knows what else.

I also think that the odds of Biden being able to run in 2024 are extremely slim. Barring something changing in the next 4 years, I don't see Kamala Harris running strongly in a number of key states, but to womanfish's point, who else is there?

Time to trot out Michelle Obama.

And also, probably would have been good foresight of the founding fathers to not let a president that was impeached (convicted or not) be able to run again.

every single first-term president who has a house controlled by the opposing party gets impeached for whatever reason, no matter what, with this rule.

However, he could be very irritating in the immediate future - next year or two, imagine the possibility for grift if he starts charging for entry into his rally events and God knows what else.

I also think that the odds of Biden being able to run in 2024 are extremely slim. Barring something changing in the next 4 years, I don't see Kamala Harris running strongly in a number of key states, but to womanfish's point, who else is there?

Trump is a human cockroach. Eats hamberders and drinks soda and goes on forever. Hate to say it but it's true, you just can't kill him.

I think Mayor Pete could be a possibility. I think he will get a good job in the Biden administration. He's on the transition team.

Last edited:
i think i'd like to focus on the potential fuckery and coup the republicans may be plotting here before worrying about 2024.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1325898183709437957

It’s important because no one on the GOP has given in yet. They won’t until they’ve exhausted every resource. They desperately want to find some loophole or obscure law that the SC can justify.

I lean towards it won’t get that far.

My biggest concern at the moment and the next four years is Joe being completely handicapped to do anything.

Oh, you ordered a National mask mandate??? Nope! Justice Amy says freedom from tyranny !!!

So are the Dems supposed to look for unity with those who don’t accept their legitimacy? Asking for a friend.

"All my victories down ballot are legitimate, but your victory at the top of the ticket isn't" is quite the argument considering that they are all literally on the same ballot.

I don’t see how a dem wins if their message is “Kamala isn’t fit to be president” in 2024. Who the heck is going to rally around the “our administration is far from perfect” cry?

She’s on deck and should run unopposed from anyone aside from your strong progressive candidate.

So are the Dems supposed to look for unity with those who don’t accept their legitimacy? Asking for a friend.
Sigh... yes. To a point, yes.

You need to be able to appeal to enough swing or moderate republican voters to pick off a couple of GOP senators if you want to accomplish anything legislative.

You're only going to need one or two, because the Democrats now control the tie breaker.

So short of sweeping both GA senate seats? Yea, you're going to have to try.

Sell out? No. Try to swing a Romney, Collins, Murkowski? Absolutely.

Arizona

Rupert has had enough. His sons can't stand Trump, that has to be the case. If you couldn't stand Ailes you can't stand Trump. Practically the same person.

Rupert is 89. Who wants a manbaby trying to tell them what to do at age 89? It's a clash of giant egos too.

Last edited:
Sigh... yes. To a point, yes.

You need to be able to appeal to enough swing or moderate republican voters to pick off a couple of GOP senators if you want to accomplish anything legislative.

You're only going to need one or two, because the Democrats now control the tie breaker.

So short of sweeping both GA senate seats? Yea, you're going to have to try.

Sell out? No. Try to swing a Romney, Collins, Murkowski? Absolutely.

Oh, I think that's obviously true - but these three you mention are exactly those (plus Sasse, I guess) who have accepted Biden's win.

I'm talking more about the handwringing from various corners about how Dems have to reach out to those core Trump supporters - who basically will never accept their legitimacy.

Oh, I think that's obviously true - but these three you mention are exactly those (plus Sasse, I guess) who have accepted Biden's win.

I'm talking more about the handwringing from various corners about how Dems have to reach out to those core Trump supporters - who basically will never accept their legitimacy.
Well his base, no. Fuck them.

But clearly a lot more than just his base voted for him. These are the people who need to be reached and swung.

What is the calculus for the Kaleigh McEnanys of the world in sticking with Trump? Feels like it's really a lapse in judgement here. For Trump, it makes sense to keep this going given (i) his narcissism; (ii) financial troubles; and (iii) legal troubles, but what's in it for the rest of them? These people could easily get well-paying jobs in the next few years while they cleanse themselves from Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom