US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This election has never just been about two old white men battling for the keys to the White House. I've been so offended by anyone who has attempted to simplify it as such.

As a teacher, I am fucking psyched to see Devos gone.

It’s deep institutional rot.

They just said on MSNBC that Biden is going to sign a bunch of executive orders, including ones for the U.S. to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord and to rejoin the World Health Association. :up:

This election has never just been about two old white men battling for the keys to the White House. I've been so offended by anyone who has attempted to simplify it as such.

As a teacher, I am fucking psyched to see Devos gone.

Good lord, this. I wasn't just voting for Biden, I was voting for both the party and an overhaul of the White House as a whole.

So I just totally did a short interview with the CBC.

Ooh, cool! What all'd you have to say? If/when the video pops up, I wanna see it!

Watching this with my daughter and it's so great to be able to show my little girl that Americans can and will choose a woman for office. This is a special night.

"Every little girl watching tonight knows this is a country of possibility."

Watching this with my daughter and it's so great to be able to show my little girl that Americans can and will choose a woman for office. This is a special night.

"Every little girl watching tonight knows this is a country of possibility."

I loved when she said, "I may be the first woman on this ticket, but I won't be the last." Damn right :up:.

ETA: Oh, god, how nice it is to hear a president talking about women in a respectful way again.

Last edited:
A Presidential speech that not only had nothing offensive, but was actually inspiring. What is this thing I don’t recognize?

I teared up when he expressed his his condolences to everyone who lost a loved one to the virus, and then referenced that quote that helped him deal with the loss of Beau. That is what actual empathy and compassion looks like. God, I've missed that.

Good music choices throughout this event, too.

Also, a group of diverse people that look like the country they represent are on stage. And they are all wearing masks. What a novelty.

That was wonderful, and not just because he's not a monster. I think his administration will be pretty good.

Wow that was such a wonderful speech from Biden and Harris! It’s so damn refreshing!! I am so happy for my American neighbours! Today America truly does turn a page! And so awesome to see a women elected to office too! Just such an amazing day all around and something that we all needed given how horrible 2020 has been for all of us! A huge congrats to my American friends!!

Last edited:
Andrew Yang is moving to Georgia to help with the Senate races.

This has to be the priority for every Democrat over the next 2 months. The new administration should proceed with transition, but there are many other players who could make a difference.

Somebody get Oprah.

I love that Kamala spent her teenage years in Montreal. There's basically a Canadian in the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom