US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #341
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,500
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Call Arizona. Everywhere.

__________________

LemonMelon is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #342
New Yorker
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'm curious about how the GOP reacts to this. I think the inroads they had with Latinos as well as the really high turnout they had might be a mirage. Trump is not easily replicated even if one emulates him, and I am not sure the Trump base will be there next time without agitator-in-chief. I assume their next primary will be a bloodbath between the "polite" Republican and the Tom Cottons of the world.

I think that the GOP will be entirely taken over the worm brained conspiracy mob. The social media/propaganda media/evangelical church axis will probably only grow in strength and seduce more and more more people.

A while ago I saw that Latinos were the fastest growing demographic for evangelical Christianity. I hope that statistic was incorrect! People were putting their hopes on changing demographics to cripple the GOP (as much as the EC would allow, anyway), but that demographic shift would be nullified or blunted if they also became members of apocalyptic Christian extremist sects.
__________________

Hollow Island is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I don't know where I stand on the "could another candidate win" question. But I really don't think you can make this claim given that black people overwhelmingly gave Biden the nomination in the primaries, and that Warren/Sanders really underperformed in that group. Biden's primary campaign was dead until South Carolina.


No doubt, the southern black voting bloc is more moderate. They’re more tied to religion, too. Those don’t bode well for progressive candidates.

But BLM was in fact why voter turnout was high in these places, and BLM was why they decisively voted against Trump. And they would’ve done so regardless of the candidate. I know 2020 was a long year, but please don’t forget that it was only May when the military was in the streets because of agent orange’s unwillingness to address and support black people.

That’s why they showed up in big numbers. Nothing about their percentages suggest that republican blacks defected to the left either. In fact that opposite still might be true. What’s clear is turnout happened. Donald Trump is why the turnout happened, not Joe Biden.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #344
New Yorker
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This.

African American voters are the reason why Biden won the primary, and they will be the reason he wins the presidency.

Obviously that vote is not a monolith, but I don't know how you can make the statement that Biden had nothing to do with it when it's been consistent since South Carolina.

Hooooold the fuck on, bub. Didn't Biden win because the corrupt DNC robbed Sanders of his rightful place upon the throne?
Hollow Island is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #345
New Yorker
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s secretary of state, has confirmed there will be a recount in the state.
“There will be a recount in Georgia,” Raffensberger said in Atlanta, promising transparency in the process.
Given how close the presidential race is in Georgia, it was expected that the state would conduct a recount.
As of now, Joe Biden leads Donald Trump by just 1,579 votes in Georgia, representing a virtual tie.
The recount will also have huge implications for control of the US Senate. As of now, Republican incumbent David Perdue’s vote share in his race has dipped below 50%, which would force a January runoff.
The other Georgia Senate race is already headed to a runoff. If both Georgia seats are up for grabs in January, it’s possible Democrats could take control of the Senate if they won both those races and the White House.

Would if that margin holds why would they recount it? Could there really be 1500 errors?
Hollow Island is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Assuming this lead holds, I've got to hand it Womanfish, who was right from the beginning about Biden being well-suited to taking down Trump. I was as skeptical as anyone about that, but here we are.
Thank you for the shout out. I will say that I was a Biden supporter from the get go, but also loved Warren and liked Bernie, and feel that Bernie would have probably won as well. I just knew that Biden had more paths.

That said, I also know that I was way off in the end on the support for Biden AND for Trump in the end. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I won't go into that now.
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #347
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
Hooooold the fuck on, bub. Didn't Biden win because the corrupt DNC robbed Sanders of his rightful place upon the throne?
My bad.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Call Arizona. Everywhere.



IIRC, Trump needs to average about 58% in these drops and he's not getting it.

Watching Wolf and John King on CNN this morning, and they are just flat our calling Trump a liar. Interesting how the rhetoric has changed.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #349
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,081
Local Time: 09:31 PM
An I seeing that Trump now gained a bunch in AZ?
mikal is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post

Watching Wolf and John King on CNN this morning, and they are just flat our calling Trump a liar. Interesting how the rhetoric has changed.
The media can also fuck off for not doing their job for 4 years.

Suddenly he's a liar...
anitram is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post


IIRC, Trump needs to average about 58% in these drops and he's not getting it.

Watching Wolf and John King on CNN this morning, and they are just flat our calling Trump a liar. Interesting how the rhetoric has changed.


That’s because the execs of the media companies have nothing to really fear anymore with trump

He was good for their ratings but still posed a threat with a second term.

Now they see he really has no more power
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
All of those states have demographic splits to prove that black people by and large carried us on their backs, and I’m willing to bet a gazillion bucks it was not because they love Joe Biden.

Biden outperformed Hillary for two main reasons: 1) some white people in fact changed their mind about Donald Trump (hence the down ballot losses for democrats... all red cards with one not-red for president), and 2) Hillary Clinton was one of the most reviled candidates for president in modern times. Until, of course, Donald J. Trump.

I can’t express #2 enough. That’s how he got elected and that’s also how he is going to lose. Were this a regular republican I would buy your argument 100%, but given that it’s Trump, they didn’t care. They hated Trump, just the same way they didn’t care that Trump was a piece of shit because they hated Clinton.
Not sure that first statement is true about black voters not loving Joe Biden. I would say 40 and up love Joe Biden, and the 18-39's don't dislike him.
Biden's numbers with black voters in the Dem primary were in the 80's. EVERY other candidate was in single digits, with only Warren and Bernie in the teens.

A strong arguement can be made, and I believe, that Bernie would have won the big 3 states in the midwest, not because of black turnout that Biden got in Milwaukee, Detroit and Philly, but by shrinking the margins for Trump in rural, non-college smaller red counties across all those states. I also don't think that the suburbs would have been very Bernie friendly, which please, lets not overlook them because they are predominantly white, moderate folks. They came out heavily for Biden because of who he his, and his character and temperament.

But the rest of the Dem candidates would have lost. Plain and simple.
womanfish is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #353
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
Would if that margin holds why would they recount it? Could there really be 1500 errors?
Well no, but they'd like to try and keep Purdue in office as well.

Plus they're super racist and all, so that ATL flipped the state has to be eating away at Kemp and friends.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #354
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 10:31 PM
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status...496027649?s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 07:31 PM
9,000 vote lead now in Pennsylvania. Somebody call this bitch.

Are the #MAGAtts still cheering, "Stop the count?"
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:35 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 07:31 PM
20,000 vote lead in Nevada.

Biden got 65% of the last Clark County dump.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #357
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Not sure that first statement is true about black voters not loving Joe Biden. I would say 40 and up love Joe Biden, and the 18-39's don't dislike him.
Biden's numbers with black voters in the Dem primary were in the 80's. EVERY other candidate was in single digits, with only Warren and Bernie in the teens.

A strong arguement can be made, and I believe, that Bernie would have won the big 3 states in the midwest, not because of black turnout that Biden got in Milwaukee, Detroit and Philly, but by shrinking the margins for Trump in rural, non-college smaller red counties across all those states. I also don't think that the suburbs would have been very Bernie friendly, which please, lets not overlook them because they are predominantly white, moderate folks. They came out heavily for Biden because of who he his, and his character and temperament.

But the rest of the Dem candidates would have lost. Plain and simple.


I vehemently disagree. You’re attributing black turnout to the fact that Joe Biden was candidate and citing the fact that he was the most recognizable and moderate of candidates as to why black voters showed up in troves.

This is entirely ignorant of their self-organization irrespective of politics in the name of Black Lives Matter. It blows my kind how anybody can suggest that black turnout can be accredited to ANYTHING but BLM and the Trumpism response to it.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,911
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
An I seeing that Trump now gained a bunch in AZ?

He gained, but not at the rate he needs.
phanan is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #359
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
I think that the GOP will be entirely taken over the worm brained conspiracy mob. The social media/propaganda media/evangelical church axis will probably only grow in strength and seduce more and more more people.

A while ago I saw that Latinos were the fastest growing demographic for evangelical Christianity. I hope that statistic was incorrect! People were putting their hopes on changing demographics to cripple the GOP (as much as the EC would allow, anyway), but that demographic shift would be nullified or blunted if they also became members of apocalyptic Christian extremist sects.
Yeah, there's a clear shift in political coalitions right now. One of the questions I have is whether the non-religious, white working class that had traditionally been blue in the north will ever return to Dems. I don't think it's likely, but I am not sure the GOP can replicate Trump's appeal with them.

I want to see more data on the Latino vote this year. I wonder if the problems were more localized in FL and Texas but not elsewhere. That will matter a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
No doubt, the southern black voting bloc is more moderate. They’re more tied to religion, too. Those don’t bode well for progressive candidates.

But BLM was in fact why voter turnout was high in these places, and BLM was why they decisively voted against Trump. And they would’ve done so regardless of the candidate. I know 2020 was a long year, but please don’t forget that it was only May when the military was in the streets because of agent orange’s unwillingness to address and support black people.

That’s why they showed up in big numbers. Nothing about their percentages suggest that republican blacks defected to the left either. In fact that opposite still might be true. What’s clear is turnout happened. Donald Trump is why the turnout happened, not Joe Biden.
I don't disagree that Trump is the reason for the turnout, but I don't think we can have evidence to suggest that the turnout from the Black community would be there for Sanders, considering how reluctant they were to embrace him in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The media can also fuck off for not doing their job for 4 years.

Suddenly he's a liar...
Seriously. If you can only stand up to this shitshow when he is no longer in power, fuck off. I think the NYT finally decided to use to word lie to describe Trump. Yesterday. After 4 fucking years. Can't wait to forget that Maggie Haberman exists.
gump is offline  
Old 11-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #360
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
20,000 vote lead in Nevada.

Biden got 65% of the last Clark County dump.
It's dooooooone.
__________________

gump is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×