US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:16 PM
This one is for Dave (sorry, Headache):

Old 11-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I have a FB friend who lives on Long Island and whose husband is a lunatic MAGA sort still obsessively posting about Hillary Clinton at least 3-4 times a month (in addition to other insane ramblings). She has always been pretty apolitical, didn't vote in the last two elections and basically doesn't have any real interest in it, nice, thoughtful person, religious but not over the top, etc. Well in the last 4 years she has become Trumpified before my eyes. She is currently demanding a whole new election (yes, for all 50 states) where people can only vote IN PERSON in ONE DAY and that recount will govern who will be president. She's also said she'll be unfriending people who disagree and instead are supporting leftist tyranny. So I expect to be given the boot shortly, but it's just really scary to see how a once normal functioning member of society who built her life around her kids, gardening and interior design, who never forgot anyone's birthday, who was overly generous with everyone's kids to a fault and who had a diverse group of friends (many of whom are black women who are being purged from her FB for speaking out) has gone completely apeshit.
Sadly I've seen this with a certain number of my FB friends as well, and while I haven't unfriended any of them, I find myself not conversing with them nearly as much as I used to. And these are people that I've known for years. Hell, one of them was my college roommate and to see where he is now vs. then, it's been hard to watch.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/rolopez42/status...11469599006722
Old 11-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
This one is for Dave (sorry, Headache):

why must you give me the sads on such a happy day?
Old 11-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #305
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:16 PM
Assuming this lead holds, I've got to hand it Womanfish, who was right from the beginning about Biden being well-suited to taking down Trump. I was as skeptical as anyone about that, but here we are.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

I’m old enough to remember when we were all depressed on Tuesday night. Been a fun couple days seeing everyone’s moods change.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:16 AM
What the majority of Trump voters are thinking right now. All these states are cheating because, I went to a rally and lots of other people were there, and i never personally got called by a pollster, even though if I did I wouldn't have talked to them. So it's all a fraud by the deep state and media.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Almost there Joe, you can pull through...
Old 11-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm gonna get #OrangeManSad and the official takeover of the Mets by the richest owner on baseball on the same day aren't I?

2020, what a year
Old 11-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

And the Red Sox slyly brought back Cora today...
Old 11-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Times like these I'm reminded why I'm glad I haven't stopped into Facebook in a really, really long time. But from what I've heard about what many of my relatives post on there, yeah, you guys have my sympathies. The cult that Trump managed to create...I truly don't know how we break that. I think, when Trump leaves office, there needs to be a clean break between him and his supporters. Just go full cold turkey. Between that and social media outlets limiting/restricting/shutting down these whackjob conspiracists and people like Bannon and such, maybe that might be a start at trying to snap these people out of this cult mindset? I dunno.

This was amazing. This is why I love this guy. Right here. The Democrats should keep this in mind going forward, and the media needs to remind people of this over and over again.

On a much lighter note...I can't believe we're at this point now . I'm ready whenever the news is!
Old 11-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Old 11-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #313
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/media...lan/index.html
Old 11-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Assuming this lead holds, I've got to hand it Womanfish, who was right from the beginning about Biden being well-suited to taking down Trump. I was as skeptical as anyone about that, but here we are.
I am also thrilled to give credit where it's due.

I'm not sure that any of the other D candidates could have pulled it off. Obviously we can never know and it's also a damn shame that it seems like women who are overqualified are still unable to take the lead. But at the end of the day, you have to take the win, and the whole world desperately needs this despot to fuck off to wherever he is going, as soon as possible.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #315
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I say the longer it takes the better. The faster the tabulating of ballots is done, the more opportunity for mistakes to occur. Real or completely fabricated.
Yep.
The Orange Buffoon is in office till Jan 20 anyway, so let's just finalize all the counting and get a clear tally so he has nothing remotely resembling a real basis for his fraud claims.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #316
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Tootling through this forum just because I'm playing REM extremely loud and "Find the River" came on with its lyric about "coriander stem and rows of hay", and I'm sure that explains to our long-term members why I had to come by and say fucking congratulations, this really is superb.

Today (or, I guess, yesterday) we also got the final results in the New Zealand election and the left-wing parties have won a stunning victory, 77/120 seats. It is, in so many ways, an amazing win.

Really, from 2pm until now, it has been an amazing 12 hours and I am very glad I opened a very expensive whisky to celebrate.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have called Arizona then 0.2 seconds after polls closed there.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #318
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
What the majority of Trump voters are thinking right now. All these states are cheating because, I went to a rally and lots of other people were there, and i never personally got called by a pollster, even though if I did I wouldn't have talked to them. So it's all a fraud by the deep state and media.
So I have a query about Trump's claim of "suppression polls" last night.
Wouldn't polls showing Biden comfortably ahead also have the reverse effect he claims?
Like say the poll that showed Biden +17 in Mikalsconsin that Donnie Dorko referenced. Wouldn't some of the democratic Mikals then say, "No need to vote, we've got such a huge lead my vote won't matter, I'm gonna stay home Tuesday and eat a wedge of cheese and drink a six pack of Schlitz (it did after all make Milwaukee famous)"?
Old 11-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #319
Blue Crack Supplier

I may have written this earlier, but as the popular vote goes, this was t all that close, and will be even less close once they finish counting CA and NY.

This is a center/center-left population where the electoral system favors land over people, making the Senate and the Electoral College skew everything to the right of where the population as a whole is.

It doesn’t matter if you win DC by 93%. Or Sunnyside, Queens by 98%. Or Santa Monica. You have to win places like NC and GA and AZ. It sucks and the EC should go, but that’s simply the task at hand. I voted for Warren, and I think she would have been crushed.

So let’s enjoy this. And then figure out how to change our electoral process to prevent permanent minoritarian rule.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
it's also a damn shame that it seems like women who are overqualified are still unable to take the lead.
Warren deserves a prestigious position in the cabinet. I hope she gets it, though I guess there is always the matter of the Senate balance.