US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1324752060621840389

giphy.gif

I’m so happy that Brian Kemp’s voter suppression tactics directly led to Stacey Abrams getting the whole damn state of GA registered.

Philadelphia police are investigating an alleged plot to attack the Pennsylvania Convention Center where ballots are being counted.

On Thursday, the Philadelphia Police Department received a tip that individuals armed with firearms were on their way to the Convention Center area in a silver Hummer truck.

The tip involves a group, possibly a family, who drove up from Virginia in a Hummer to attack the Convention Center where votes are being counted.

https://6abc.com/pennsylvania-convention-center-attack-plot-pa-election-2020/7689932/

This shit is going to be a huge problem. It already is, but it's only going to get worse. It doesn't mean that today isn't a great day, though!

Here’s how this must work in our great country: Every legal vote should be counted. Any illegally-submitted ballots must not. All sides must get to observe the process. And the courts are here to apply the laws & resolve disputes.

That's how Americans' votes decide the result.

McConman can fuck right off with his "legal ballot" bullshit.

But on Thursday night, Republican senators Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz appeared on Fox to support a number of the president’s evidence-free claims about voter fraud.
Asked by the host, Sean Hannity, if the Pennsylvania state legislature should nullify the delegates that voters select, Graham said, “Everything should be on the table.”

these fuckin cunts

Georgia recount...this will take time. I hope no more violence occurs.

Meanwhile, orange one says he won't concede. Can he be carried out , or can he sit in WH till January ?

Georgia recount...this will take time. I hope no more violence occurs.

Meanwhile, orange one says he won't concede. Can he be carried out , or can he sit in WH till January ?

He gets to sit there until Jan 20. At that point he switches to squatting.

I’ve been checking in on these threads pretty constantly over the last week.

Y’all were stressing me the fuck out on election night. But since then... nice work, people.

Despite living in a state that went the hardest overall for Trump, I’m pretty fucking happy to live in the little blue dot of the 2nd district/Omaha that, if GA and PA didn’t go Biden, would have gotten Biden to 270.

There’s a long time NE state legislator, Ernie Chambers, who successfully filibustered an attempt in 2016 to change the state electoral rules to winner takes all - we owe that man a debt of gratitude.

We also owe Stacey Abrams a huge fucking debt of gratitude for the work she did to turn GA blue.

I also have no idea if/when/how the right wing fever is ever going to break. My parents, both of whom are college educated, well traveled, intelligent people, have not only fallen totally in line with Trump’s blatant lies, but have also been spouting some truly bonkers nonsense both before and after Tuesday, and I just don’t see that getting any better any time soon. It’s a huge source of pain/disappointment/frustration/despair, and I’ve tried multiple ways to reach them on this, to no avail. It’s depressing to see people I love dearly, and who value compassion, empathy, honesty and integrity in their personal lives get so taken in by obvious grifters and an enabling conservative media bubble that does nothing to challenge them.

MSNBC reported in the last 60-90 minutes that Biden is preparing to address the nation tonight in primetime as president-elect if Pennsylvania(and thus the election) is called this afternoon.

Jake Tapper, zero fucks left to give. Just talked about the rantings of the President's "spawn" on Twitter. Said they were like crayon drawings of someone on a psychedelic LSD trip.

Let's face it, Jake is jealous of the brilliance of obese turtle. Nice try Jake, but no.

Not sure that first statement is true about black voters not loving Joe Biden. I would say 40 and up love Joe Biden, and the 18-39's don't dislike him.
Biden's numbers with black voters in the Dem primary were in the 80's. EVERY other candidate was in single digits, with only Warren and Bernie in the teens.

A strong arguement can be made, and I believe, that Bernie would have won the big 3 states in the midwest, not because of black turnout that Biden got in Milwaukee, Detroit and Philly, but by shrinking the margins for Trump in rural, non-college smaller red counties across all those states. I also don't think that the suburbs would have been very Bernie friendly, which please, lets not overlook them because they are predominantly white, moderate folks. They came out heavily for Biden because of who he his, and his character and temperament.

But the rest of the Dem candidates would have lost. Plain and simple.

I vehemently disagree. You’re attributing black turnout to the fact that Joe Biden was candidate and citing the fact that he was the most recognizable and moderate of candidates as to why black voters showed up in troves.

This is entirely ignorant of their self-organization irrespective of politics in the name of Black Lives Matter. It blows my kind how anybody can suggest that black turnout can be accredited to ANYTHING but BLM and the Trumpism response to it.

I give BLM all the credit in the world. I give the entire black vote all the credit in the world. They won this election for us. But I have to agree with womanfish that I think you're being a little dismissive of Biden.

Would Bernie have won? He may well have. Would Warren have won? She was my choice in the primaries, so I really want to believe she would have, but in my heart, I don't think so.

But I just think we have to give Biden credit simply for running a damn good campaign. There were no major missteps. He never said or did anything that the opposition could use effectively against him. They tried with the Hunter stuff, but it didn't work on who it would've needed to work on. Biden was steady and calm and consistent and avoided any major gaffes(except maybe that whole if you don't vote for me you ain't black thing). I just feel like it's not as easy as it sounds to do that over the course of an 18-month campaign, particularly in the middle of a pandemic.

Bernie may have won, but I don't think he would've had the calming or comforting effect on people that Biden has had; he's a more incendiary politician than Biden is. He or people that work for him may have pulled some "we're coming for the Democratic establishment" crap again, and that could have been off-putting to some of the people who ended up voting for Biden. And given that we're seeing some pretty slim margins in a lot of places, I think you have to take that into consideration.

Even as a fan from the Obama days, I was skeptical of Biden during the primaries, as he too often looked confused and slow in those debates, but once it became a one-on-one thing with Trump, he got much better. So I give him a ton of credit for the way he ran his campaign and the way he handled himself.

And I say all that as someone who is to the left of Biden and is concerned, particularly if the GOP does indeed hold on to the Senate, about how far he'll be willing (or not) to go to get things done.

I give BLM all the credit in the world. I give the entire black vote all the credit in the world. They won this election for us. But I have to agree with womanfish that I think you're being a little dismissive of Biden.

Would Bernie have won? He may well have. Would Warren have won? She was my choice in the primaries, so I really want to believe she would have, but in my heart, I don't think so.

But I just think we have to give Biden credit simply for running a damn good campaign. There were no major missteps. He never said or did anything that the opposition could use effectively against him. They tried with the Hunter stuff, but it didn't work on who it would've needed to work on. Biden was steady and calm and consistent and avoided any major gaffes(except maybe that whole if you don't vote for me you ain't black thing). I just feel like it's not as easy as it sounds to do that over the course of an 18-month campaign, particularly in the middle of a pandemic.

Bernie may have won, but I don't think he would've had the calming or comforting effect on people that Biden has had; he's a more incendiary politician than Biden is. He or people that work for him may have pulled some "we're coming for the Democratic establishment" crap again, and that could have been off-putting to some of the people who ended up voting for Biden. And given that we're seeing some pretty slim margins in a lot of places, I think you have to take that into consideration.

Even as a fan from the Obama days, I was skeptical of Biden during the primaries, as he too often looked confused and slow in those debates, but once it became a one-on-one thing with Trump, he got much better. So I give him a ton of credit for the way he ran his campaign and the way he handled himself.

And I say all that as someone who is to the left of Biden and is concerned, particularly if the GOP does indeed hold on to the Senate, about how far he'll be willing (or not) to go to get things done.

I’m not dismissing womanfish and I’m not saying Biden didn’t run a good campaign.

I’m dismissing the notion that black people “showed up for Biden” and otherwise wouldn’t have shown up for other candidates, as though Joe Biden has inspired people in Obama-style proportion. That’s a distortion of the story and does an incredible disservice towards the grassroots rebuking of Trump that occurred.

This will get called prior to Biden's statement tonight.

MrsSpringsteen, if you haven't already, grab your favourite photo of your Mom and put her right in front of the TV so that she can enjoy it with us.

I think Biden scheduling the speech pushes the networks a bit. Everyone has seen enough, there is no need to wait any longer and feed conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom