US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If FL ends with a Republican +2 electorate (which Nate Silver is saying would be good for Biden), the main thing it would show me is that the polls seem to be accurate this year, which would be good news.

Nevada also looks good, I think. From what Ralston is saying, today's turnout may not be sufficient to reverse the early voting lead.

Edit: more on FL.

[TWEET]1323751089972432896[/TWEET]

I neeeeeed good news out of NC but it's going to be a few hours.

And they delayed by 45 min, so longer than expected.

6:30-7:30 is the bedtime routine for our toddler here so it will take me through the most anxious waiting period...

Something I was thinking about the judicial disputes. My guess is that the SC may try to put its finger on the scale if it's a very, very close race (like 2000). But if not, and knowing that the SC is so political, don't you think that part of them would actually not be unhappy to see orange man go now that they have majorities to overturn Roe v Wade and ACA? Ruling in ways that the media will describe as pro-Dem (although these lawsuits are just so bad) would help keep the so-called public trust in the Court, which would totally undermined if they are seen as partisan now. And then in a couple of weeks they can start the work they really care about.

Edit:

And looool:

[TWEET]1323752032000450570[/TWEET]

Last edited:
And they delayed by 45 min, so longer than expected.

6:30-7:30 is the bedtime routine for our toddler here so it will take me through the most anxious waiting period...

We have a 5 and almost 3 year old with a similar timeline, then I can turn to self-medication and CNN.

WH super spreader party cut down to 250 guests rather than 400. Ooh, so responsible.

They moved it away from his DC hotel because of covid gathering rules. Is the WH exempt from those rules?

Fingers crossed that the party is a dumpster fire regardless.

WH super spreader party cut down to 250 guests rather than 400. Ooh, so responsible.

They moved it away from his DC hotel because of covid gathering rules. Is the WH exempt from those rules?

Fingers crossed that the party is a dumpster fire regardless.
The White House is on federal land vs city land so yes, they are exempt.

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott Becomes First Incumbent Republican Governor to Vote for Biden

BY KATHERINE FUNG ON 11/03/20 AT 4:44 PM EST

Vermont Governor Phil Scott broke with his party on Tuesday and became the first incumbent Republican governor to publicly support Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

He told reporters outside of his office in Berlin that he voted for Biden in this year's presidential election.

"I put country over party," Scott said, according to Seven Days.

"It's been a bit of a struggle for me, but I ended up voting for Joe Biden," he added.

While other prominent Republicans have publicly endorsed Biden for president, Scott is the first GOP lawmaker currently in office to do so. The governor's said this marks the first time he has ever voted blue for a presidential candidate.

For months, Scott has said he would not vote for the Republican President Donald Trump, but had not stated who he would cast his ballot for.

"I've been quite adamant in not supporting the president," Scott said during a coronavirus new briefing in August. "I won't be voting for President Trump."

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom