US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm paranoid as hell and I'm telling you to take a deep breath.

I don't discount that this ending up in the courts is a distinct possibility, but if Biden sweeps the necessary states then that possibility lessens. Orange man will have no leg to stand on.

Absolutely.

The court rulings thus far, and many if not most by Republican judges or panels, have been nearly unanimous in telling the GOP to go fuck themselves. The judiciary has a very, very long history of staying out of elections and very reluctantly getting involved only in the tightest of recounts or to rule on isolated cases and technicalities. No matter what we think of the stacked courts, I really am extremely doubtful that we'll seem them going in with a heavy hand.

The other thing that nobody appears to be talking about but in reality is much more relevant than the courts is moneyed interests, and by proxy, the stock market. If there is no result and this drags on for weeks, with the pandemic in tow, the markets will absolutely crater. There is nothing the markets hate more than uncertainty. It's one thing if you see a margin of 0.2% in ONE state that that ONE state is the only thing that matters - then yes, we're headed for litigation and everyone and their brother will become an opinionated quasi-lawyer overnight. But it really does not appear that this will be the case. If Trump wants to declare victory and then litigate in 6 different jurisdictions, causing unrest in the streets, possible widespread general strikes, riots and who knows what else, the markets will crater and Wall Street will step in. The Republicans in Congress are all self-interested pieces of shit, with a not-small-number of them already planning for 2024. You will quickly see massive defections in an effort for some spineless asshole who sat idly by for the last 4 years to come across as the "voice of reason."

tenor.gif

I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL.

I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL. I refuse to believe positive early voting numbers in FL.

lol is there something new that I missed? Or just general early voting numbers?

lol is there something new that I missed? Or just general early voting numbers?

Turnout in Dam-heavy Miami-Dade and Broward counties is apparently really high (expected to be 80% in Miami-Dade when the record is 72%). And some reports that statewide Republicans are not necessarily closing the gap from early voting. But this is all based on registration information, and we don't know anything about (i) how independents are voting; (ii) the level of crossover voting from Ds and Rs. So that's why I said I refuse to believe it.

It might be all the kids' Halloween candy I've binge eaten this afternoon but I'm feeling good and bullish on the results.

Trump sounds super low energy and his campaign isn't being as loudly obnoxious as they are capable of being which I'm taking as a good sign.

Turnout in Dam-heavy Miami-Dade and Broward counties is apparently really high (expected to be 80% in Miami-Dade when the record is 72%). And some reports that statewide Republicans are not necessarily closing the gap from early voting. But this is all based on registration information, and we don't know anything about (i) how independents are voting; (ii) the level of crossover voting from Ds and Rs. So that's why I said I refuse to believe it.

Oh please let this be true.

It might be all the kids' Halloween candy I've binge eaten this afternoon but I'm feeling good and bullish on the results.

Trump sounds super low energy and his campaign isn't being as loudly obnoxious as they are capable of being which I'm taking as a good sign.

I hear you and have the same feeling.

But I think I had the same feeling 4 years ago. But that was more like “people won’t possibly vote for this clown.”

So.

I hear you and have the same feeling.

But I think I had the same feeling 4 years ago. But that was more like “people won’t possibly vote for this clown.”

So.

I have the same but different feeling. I also think the revolt against the clown is much bigger than last time and that PTSD is making everyone do everything they can.

I'll let you guys be my rock for now. I'm on edge and any small piece of bad news gets me shook but then again that's just part of having an anxiety disorder I guess.

Loved seeing this, what a beautiful voice she still has

https://twitter.com/Maire_from_NJ/status/1323607091563683841

I watched that last night and it got me all emotional. So wonderful to see her on TV-she sounded fantastic. I felt a lot better after watching this :).

I'm paranoid as hell and I'm telling you to take a deep breath.

I don't discount that this ending up in the courts is a distinct possibility, but if Biden sweeps the necessary states then that possibility lessens. Orange man will have no leg to stand on.

Agreed. Take the wind out of his blustery sails and he'll slink back to the White House the way he did after his pathetic Tulsa rally.

Will he still grumble and rant about how "unfair" the election was on Twitter or at press conferences or whatever? Oh, absolutely. Losing certainly won't shut him up, much as we'd love for that to happen. But I think if he sees a decisive loss tonight his next focus is going to be on trying to find a way to slip out of the White House, either before January or in January, so as to avoid the crushing legal issues he knows will be coming.

The other thing that nobody appears to be talking about but in reality is much more relevant than the courts is moneyed interests, and by proxy, the stock market. If there is no result and this drags on for weeks, with the pandemic in tow, the markets will absolutely crater. There is nothing the markets hate more than uncertainty. It's one thing if you see a margin of 0.2% in ONE state that that ONE state is the only thing that matters - then yes, we're headed for litigation and everyone and their brother will become an opinionated quasi-lawyer overnight. But it really does not appear that this will be the case. If Trump wants to declare victory and then litigate in 6 different jurisdictions, causing unrest in the streets, possible widespread general strikes, riots and who knows what else, the markets will crater and Wall Street will step in. The Republicans in Congress are all self-interested pieces of shit, with a not-small-number of them already planning for 2024. You will quickly see massive defections in an effort for some spineless asshole who sat idly by for the last 4 years to come across as the "voice of reason."

Also an excellent point. Yeah, considering how many prominent Republicans and Repubican-leaning organizations have spoken out against Trump, I imagine they'll have a few things to say as well.

Whatever helps stop Trump from going ahead with his "I will fight this!" BS, let's make it happen.

That was enjoyable. It was reported that Trump was playing the Titanic theme at his rallies. Not kidding.

:lol: Oh, my god, for real?

That...that is fantastic.

Like others work is pretty busy for me so I don't have a lot of time to dive deep into the darkness of the internet (besides the blueness of Interference....)

I've also got a date in a few hours to help get away from the TV and looking at the phone. If Hinge is any indicator, Southern California will go for Biden easily.....

I'll let you guys be my rock for now. I'm on edge and any small piece of bad news gets me shook but then again that's just part of having an anxiety disorder I guess.

I’ll choose to believe that this NYC sunset is a harbinger of good things tonight.

IMG_4906.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom