US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate greatly that my company decided in June that Juneteenth and Election Day would now be added to the list of paid holidays... but I really wish I was working today.

today is billing day and by far my busiest day of the month. i'm very grateful that it lined up with election day and i have no choice but to focus on work pretty much all day, otherwise i would be doing nothing aside from reading election stuff and turning into a ball of raw nerves.

but good on your company for giving employees the day off to actually go vote. today really should be a national holiday in the US.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323601138525085696

Final analysis from Bloomberg’s polling and analytics outfit.

Predicting Biden win with the 3 midwestern states plus Florida and NC but warning it will look like Trump will win until mail in ballots start being added to totals.

Amazing that 100 million people already voted.

But really sad and depressing that it’s even this close given the choice between a decent person with a plan and irredeemable garbage.

Well, I think that's a bit misleading on their part. Yes, it will look like Trump is ahead in ED votes in WI, MI, and PA. But it will actually look like Biden is in a decent lead in NC and FL since the mail ins will be the first reported.

And in the end that's a good thing, if Biden can hold the lead. Him winning FL and/or NC will be the end of the road for Trump.

OH - And if Biden wins 1 or both of FL/NC. And we have to wait for midwest numbers - Guess which orange asshole is going to have to change his tune about waiting to get all votes counted in the midwest. What a POS. He never plays the long game. He's a fucking idiot.

Last edited:
Hearing on MSNBC right now that there’s significant concern on the Trump campaign that they did not put enough resources in Pennsylvania to get people to show up and vote on their behalf.

Hearing on MSNBC right now that there’s significant concern on the Trump campaign that they did not put enough resources in Pennsylvania to get people to show up and vote on their behalf.

Yesterday their campaign was literally predicting a blowout with a >1 million vote difference. :lol:

Hey guys. If you are going to be checking out returns tonight and are like me and like to look at county results compared to last time, Here is a quick list of what I feel are important counties to keep an eye on in some states. I have who won in each county listed T for Trump and C for Clinton, and the percentage that they won the county by.

Arizona
2016 – Maricopa – Trump +3.2
Pima – Trump +13

Michigan
Oakland – C +8
Macomb – T +10.5
Genesee C +9
Wayne – C +37.3
Kent - T+3

PA
Philly county – C +67
Delaware – C +22
Bucks – C +.5
Berks – T +10
Montgomery – C +21
Allegheny – C +16.5
Lackawanna (Scranton) C+3

FL
Duval – T +1.5
Seminole – T+1.6
Hillsborough – C+7
Pinellas – T+1.1
Miami-Dade – C+29
Sumter – T+40
Polk – T+14

IA
Dallas – T +10
Scott – C +1.5
Linn - C +9
Dubuque – T +1.3
Johnson – C +38
Polk - C +11

NC
New Hanover – T +4
Cumberland – C +16
Robeson – T +5
Buncombe – C +14.5
Henderson – T +28
Wake – C +20
Orange – C +51
Mecklenburg - C +30

TX
Collin – T +17
Tarrant – T +9
Williamson – T +10
Harris – C +12
Ft. Bend – C +6.5
Montgomery – T+51
Bexar – C +13.5
Travis – C +39
Dallas – C +26

Last edited:
I found this post I made looking back at election night 2018

What I think is clear tonight is this...

Trump didn't win because of the rural vote in 2016. He won because of the suburban vote, specifically in the rust belt.

This switched back to blue today.

The rural areas have stayed hardcore Trump - but the suburbs in middle America have turned on him.

If he can't get them back, his reelection map doesn't work.

It's brightened my mood a little.

Hey guys. If you are going to be checking out returns tonight and are like me and like to look at county results compared to last time, Here is a quick list of what I feel are important counties to keep an eye on in some states. I have who won in each county listed T for Trump and C for Clinton, and the percentage that they won the county by.

Thanks for this!

Sumter (FL) is the county where the creepy Villages community is located so it's likely a good proxy for Floridian seniors.

today is billing day and by far my busiest day of the month. i'm very grateful that it lined up with election day and i have no choice but to focus on work pretty much all day, otherwise i would be doing nothing aside from reading election stuff and turning into a ball of raw nerves.

but good on your company for giving employees the day off to actually go vote. today really should be a national holiday in the US.
Yea they're at least trying. I was happy when that list of political donations amongst the league came out and our guy was one of the few in the blue side.

We turned both of our DC buildings into voting super centers. It's a start.

Thanks for this!

Sumter (FL) is the county where the creepy Villages community is located so it's likely a good proxy for Floridian seniors.

Yep, keep a keen eye on Sumter and Pinellas.

Right now by early numbers, I'm projecting Sumter will end up being 65-35 for Trump, which is would be a great sign for Biden statewide. Trump needs to hit 67-68 here to signal a win statewide.

Pinellas is harder since not as much of the vote is in as Sumter. But my guess right now is that it swings from Trump +1 in 2016 to Biden around +4. But that's more gut than numbers.

Soulless cowards, every single one of them

"Republicans publicly silent, privately disgusted by Trump’s election threats"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/03/republicans-trump-election-threats-433910

It won't be over after tonight, even if Biden wins FL, OH, PA, NC

We are going to endure lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit.

There's no reason for Trump NOT to try this. He has nothing to lose by trying, and everything to gain.

Not saying the courts will definitely change the outcome, but he's got to do everything he can to avoid prison. Pardons won't stop indictments from SDNY or other states when it's all investigated.

It won't be over after tonight, even if Biden wins FL, OH, PA, NC

We are going to endure lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit.

There's no reason for Trump NOT to try this. He has nothing to lose by trying, and everything to gain.

Not saying the courts will definitely change the outcome, but he's got to do everything he can to avoid prison. Pardons won't stop indictments from SDNY or other states when it's all investigated.
I'm paranoid as hell and I'm telling you to take a deep breath.

I don't discount that this ending up in the courts is a distinct possibility, but if Biden sweeps the necessary states then that possibility lessens. Orange man will have no leg to stand on.

This is the most beautiful thing I’ve read on this website ever.

Ooooo, good to know.

Thanks for this!

They did at least have a pretty big Biden/Harris Golf Car(t) Parade back in ? late Sept or early Oct after all the Drumph ones. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom