US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323601138525085696

Final analysis from Bloomberg’s polling and analytics outfit.

Predicting Biden win with the 3 midwestern states plus Florida and NC but warning it will look like Trump will win until mail in ballots start being added to totals.

Amazing that 100 million people already voted.

But really sad and depressing that it’s even this close given the choice between a decent person with a plan and irredeemable garbage.

And this is where the media needs to finally step up and be a service to the public.

They cannot frame the mail in ballots as odd or something different. Do not legitimatize Trumps lies by saying “Shouldn’t the winner be decided by Midnight? Steve Bannon/Jason Miller/Rick Santorum, please give us your full of shit opinion....

Houston has now closed 9/10 drive thru voting sites. Way to go GOP

At first you just hated women and minorities, but now you hate democracy too. Power and tax cuts are the truth to them

Absolutely.

Our best hope for this being called tonight is for Biden to take Florida and to a slightly lesser degree NC. Then PA can take 6 years to count for all I care.

Absolutely.

Our best hope for this being called tonight is for Biden to take Florida and to a slightly lesser degree NC. Then PA can take 6 years to count for all I care.

100%. And add GA to that mix. If he wins any of those 3 I think we have reason to feel very good about things.

I feel like Georgia will break my heart. I can see it being close but no cigar.

There's a helpful hour by hour guide from the NYT/Upshot here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/03/upshot/election-night-guide.html

Some highlights among the faster-counting states:

7pm

Florida It counts fast. The early and mail votes will arrive first and will probably lean Democratic; don’t be surprised to see Joe Biden take a lead. Then the Election Day votes should flood in. We’ll see whether President Trump can keep it close before the more Republican Panhandle counties (which are in the Central time zone) come in at 8 p.m. Nearly all of the votes will be counted by that time, and it’ll be a slow trickle to the finish. Unless it’s a really close race, it should be called on election night.

North Carolina A quick count. As with Florida, expect the early and nearly all mail ballots first and fast. Mr. Biden will likely take an early lead, followed by the Election Day vote and a Trump comeback. We’ll see whether it’s enough, but we could easily have enough votes for a call by midnight, even in a close race. One catch: The state accepts absentee ballots well after the election, which will help Mr. Biden.

8pm

Texas The early votes from metropolitan areas will arrive quickly, which will appear to give Mr. Biden a big lead. Then we’ll have to see whether Mr. Trump can catch up with rural and Election Day votes. Texas can take a while to count its votes, but it ought to be mostly finished on election night. That’s more than we can say for a lot of states.

9pm

Wisconsin: This one might be less frustrating. Most counties say they’ll be able to count everything on election night, and most counties will report their absentee and Election Day votes together. If that’s right, we should actually get a decent picture here pretty quickly. A big caveat: Not every town or county reports its absentee and Election Day votes together. You’ll have to be careful to make sure you’re not looking at a county that’s still missing a huge chunk of Democratic absentees, including Milwaukee and Green Bay’s Brown County.

10pm

Iowa: Iowa is usually fairly straightforward. Officials count most votes quickly, and they usually count the early votes first — so Mr. Biden might get out to an early lead. Either way, we shouldn’t have to wait too long before receiving a clear picture. A close race would be a bad sign for Mr. Trump.

I fail to see how this benefits Republicans.

In general, I would think the lack of Republican early voting would make them want things to run smoothly, at least in rural counties, in order to make up the difference.

If every voting machine in Atlanta goes down at once, that's different.

Hard to say. Pretty sure black voters are also statistically more likely to vote in person. Quick look of their demographic in that county pretty much says it votes 66-33 red-blue, and is about 33% black. Lol.

PSA: Exit polls for today will be skewed with 100 million people (72% of 2016) already having voted. Many will be actively fake. Ignore them.

PSA: Exit polls for today will be skewed with 100 million people (72% of 2016) already having voted. Many will be actively fake. Ignore them.

What do you mean by “actively fake”?

I don’t even think Fox News will have the audacity to use exit polls to draw conclusions.

I always hated exit polls but today they are going to be totally skewed and unreliable.

Guys, pace yourselves, there is no reason for peak anxiety to kick in until after 7 pm.

What do you mean by “actively fake”?

I don’t even think Fox News will have the audacity to use exit polls to draw conclusions.
Oh, the shit being posted on Twitter without a clear source is 100% fake, especially in the morning and early afternoon. It's just bots trying to sway voter turnout at the last minute.

Oh, the shit being posted on Twitter without a clear source is 100% fake, especially in the morning and early afternoon. It's just bots trying to sway voter turnout at the last minute.

Oh sorry I thought you’d meant like the exit polls being reported by reporters were fake haha

A Trump Network would make Fox News sound professional and sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom