US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting if this map happens, and Biden is ahead in PA. Trump will be begging to count every last vote in PA for as long as it took.

E0Bpe

As I am currently very confident in PA, I would actually welcome that scenario (though it's unlikely Biden would be ahead). End the Trump era in the state that propelled him in 2016.

But yeah, let's not. AZ, NC, FL and GA need to flip.

Last edited:
But it’s unlikely Biden would be ahead since the early votes that favor him won’t get counted until Wednesday.

Arizona seems so straight-forward. There are like 12 huge counties. And it's pretty much Maricopa, Pima next at about quarter of the size and then everything else.

Trump got Maricopa by just under 3 points. Pima went Clinton by over 13 points.

If Biden just gets Maricopa by 1 point and Pima by 15, it's over. And that seems way more likely than not.

Random poll of Interference:

What network will you all be watching tomorrow night? I feel like MSNBC would be like listening to your team’s radio announcers. Lol.

My husband suggested we watch Fox News if/when it at all becomes clear that it will be called for Biden tomorrow night just so we can see their constipated faces.

MSNBC and the internet for sure.

Here’s something to pass the time:

IMG_4905.JPG

I got: Illegal aliens will erase stay at home moms.

What network will you all be watching tomorrow night? I feel like MSNBC would be like listening to your team’s radio announcers. Lol.

CNN because I am a glutton for punishment and also I need Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper’s general look of dismay and confusion about the sheer stupidity of some of the things repubes do.

Though I could certainly mute both Cuomo and Lemon.

The Arizona polls today are all making me nauseous.

But I think that Mark Kelly has it in the bag and will drag Biden over the line in the end. :huh:

Biden in Pittsburgh and Harris in Philly is a smart way to end the campaign, particularly given the smaller share of early voting in PA.

Biden in Pittsburgh and Harris in Philly is a smart way to end the campaign, particularly given the smaller share of early voting in PA.

Trump campaign predicting a landslide victory in PA by >1M+ voters.

Can it be next week already please?

I think the 2016 handicap pollsters have been applying will be especially evident in AZ. Whites without college degrees are assumed to be backing Trump, but in that state I think you'll see the McCain influence reveal itself in that demographic, especially among suburbanites.

MSNBC has gotten as flagrantly partisan as Fox, but the discourse is on a dramatically higher level (seriously, Fox is dead boring and written at like an 8th grade level). So I’ll do that.

The Arizona polls today are all making me nauseous.

But I think that Mark Kelly has it in the bag and will drag Biden over the line in the end. :huh:

Don't worry about AZ.
Maricopa Co. alone has 1.7 million early votes. That's 70% of the entire STATE total in 2016. Pima Co. is at about 110% of their 2016 total.
A voter tsunami like this isn't because Republicans are so fired up. Trump's base is fired up, but he has a ceiling and it has been hit. These numbers come from the energy of change and first time and sporadic voters coming out because they are fed up.

Last edited:
I'm only poll nerd with not much data crunching experience.

But I took a look at Sumter Co. FL early voting totals. Wasserman says that Trump needs to get 66-67 in Sumter to be on track to win the state. Because it is so deep red, it would foreshadow shifts around the state in the more rural deep red areas. He won it by 69% in 2016.

I know it's the early vote, BUT they are almost maxed out on the total number of registered voters already, so it's close to what the end number will be.

Right now, if I take the latest crosstab data from Nate Silver on FL, which seem pretty conservative, it shows Reps with a party ID 89-9 and Dems are at 91-7, giving Dems a +2 crossover vote. They also have Ind. at 5-6 points to Biden.

So i plugged those numbers into the current vote totals and Trump is at 63.5 and Biden at 36.5. That is a really significant shift and puts Trump far short of what he needs in the reddest parts of the state.

A good sign I hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom