US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, MT is looking interesting. LARGE amount of total vote - 95% of 2016. And from what we are seeing, LARGE amounts of vote from areas that Dems won by large margins in 2018.

Not saying a Biden win, but imagine MT being within 5 points. And more importantly, could mean another Senator!

Last edited:
I could see NC going the way of Virgina and becoming pretty blue in a couple of cycles.

I think Republicans see the writing in the wall, thus all the efforts to disenfranchise voters and consolidate minority rule, particularly through the Supreme Court.

Just a reminder. The map we are seeing is due to a couple things. A blockbuster ticket for this moment in time with Biden/Harris - pretty much combining moderate, working class, and experience with a minority and progressive edge. And the pandemic.

Moving forward - 2024 and beyond, it will be interesting to see how the Democratic party decides how to move forward candidate wise.

Near suburbs of Atlanta seeing 300% increase in votes vs. 2016
Further burbs, between 50 and 150% increase.

On another note:
20% of the early vote nationwide (17 million) are voters that did not or could not vote in 2016. Dems leading in those numbers by over 2 million votes.

There is zero chance they'd cancel that obnoxious DC Trump Hotel party if they thought they had this in the bag or anything close.

Makes sense to stay in the White House, might as well prepare for squatting there indefinitely. :huh:

There is zero chance they'd cancel that obnoxious DC Trump Hotel party if they thought they had this in the bag or anything close.

Makes sense to stay in the White House, might as well prepare for squatting there indefinitely. :huh:

And they made the change just late enough to still stiff the RNC with the bill.

ngl, a small part of me would like to see him try this "i'm not leaving" gambit, because at 12:01pm on january 20th, president biden/pelosi will just order the secret service to remove the trespassers from the restricted area of the white house. how dope would it be to see them literally get thrown out of the white house at the end of all this.

ngl, a small part of me would like to see him try this "i'm not leaving" gambit, because at 12:01pm on january 20th, president biden/pelosi will just order the secret service to remove the trespassers from the restricted area of the white house. how dope would it be to see them literally get thrown out of the white house at the end of all this.
JampackedMassiveIzuthrush-small.gif

Delivering an address from the Oval Office on Tuesday night claiming to win the election before mail-in votes are processed.

While there is attention on the big early voting numbers. I think people still aren't quite grasping what is going on in the "new south".

There is nothing short of a movement going on in NC, GA, and TX.

The midwest states are all at about 40-50% of their 2016 numbers. Good, but nothing crazy.
OH and IA - 50-60%.

But
NC - 88%
GA - 89%
TX - 101%!!!

There is something happening that is bigger than I think we realize. People don't vote in these numbers because they think everything is ok, and they just like to go stand in line for a while.

Also, interesting to note that three states have some of the worst voter suppression tactics in the country. They are revolting. They are coming for these people.

Wasserman is saying that with the early vote reaching this level today, that he thinks TX is on track to have 3 million more votes this year than 2016.
That would mean 12 million. If you saw my post a few days ago, the Dems goal - the number they felt TX would turn blue was... 12 million.

I love this and am stealing it. Cheered me up this morning.

Delivering an address from the Oval Office on Tuesday night claiming to win the election before mail-in votes are processed.

Fuck. You’re right.

Addressing the nation about our great and terrible instances of vote fraud in Democrat run cities. It’s an emergency.

Also, the National Guard has arrived in Philadelphia.

For you Americans or anyone living in the US at the moment, what do you feel would happen if he took the view that this must go through the courts, Dem cheating is out of control, they won't count past midnight, etc. Is there a tipping point scenario? I would imagine there would be a different response if they were challenging the votes in one state as opposed to claiming widespread cheating in half a dozen states?

For you Americans or anyone living in the US at the moment, what do you feel would happen if he took the view that this must go through the courts, Dem cheating is out of control, they won't count past midnight, etc. Is there a tipping point scenario? I would imagine there would be a different response if they were challenging the votes in one state as opposed to claiming widespread cheating in half a dozen states?

It's an interesting question, and frankly I am not sure. A high profile judicial dispute like Bush v Gore would probably mobilize more people than a series of more technical disputes across the country, as meaningful as these can be. That said, I think trust in the judicial system amongst Dem voters must be at an all time low now, so I think it would be quite east to mobilize large-scale protests (not to mention that the protests in the spring/summer gave valuable social mobilizing experience to a bunch of people).

But here's the other thing: aren't we already past the tipping point? There are ongoing or resolved voter suppression lawsuits in NV, PA, NC, WI, MN (probably more that I am forgetting?). It's telling that most Dems of all persuasions basically know that they need a landslide to really avoid the nightmare scenario.

A Biden administration really needs to reinstate the Voting Rights Act as a top priority.

Fuck. You’re right.

Addressing the nation about our great and terrible instances of vote fraud in Democrat run cities. It’s an emergency.

Also, the National Guard has arrived in Philadelphia.

And the democrats rolling over for this bullshit

i'm fairly certain that anyone aside from the supreme court telling states to stop counting would be unconstitutional. the safe harbor deadline is december 8th by law, and the states each have jurisdiction over their own elections. the president has no legal authority to order any state to stop counting ballots, except for maybe DC. the question there though is if R-controlled states would listen to him anyways and subsequently order the count to stop, because they most likely will be legally able to do that.

considering his first election and inauguration led to some of the largest demonstrations in the history of DC my hope is that blatant election theft would engender a much larger and angrier response. but who knows? very few people in america have had any experience with a political crisis like this in their lives. it's hard to tell how the public will react if/when it actually happens.

Last edited:
Obviously, my hope is that we never have to reach that point because the southern battlegrounds come through and make it plain as day where the winds are blowing. We can put the fires out on election night if TX takes care of business and limit much of the damage if either NC or GA prove to be strongly supportive of Biden.

if he somehow were to win through any potential "tipping point" scenarios ... you'd certainly see protests much larger than this summer, and probably actually violent. the big problem being, because he won't have to worry about re-election, there could be an actual violent crackdown by a Trump government. not Tiananmen Square, exactly, but that kind of suppression. i really do think he would do it with his goon troops who showed up in DC this past summer.

my guess is that one state vs. multiple states will come down to how close the election is as well as the perceived friendliness of each state's legislatures and supreme courts. it would also depend on how aggressive Team Biden/Harris would be willing to fight. if it came down to a SCOTUS decision, in light of the 3 justices, at least 2 who are understood as entirely illegitimate by probably half the population ... man, i don't know. i could see a bunch of West Coast and Northeastern governors starting to really talk about ... what exactly, i'm not sure. but the argument being "we're dying of COVID and the person who lost the election is going to punish us because we didn't vote for him" is genuinely scary.

if it's a decisive Biden win, then it's just Wednesday.

if he somehow were to win through any potential "tipping point" scenarios ... you'd certainly see protests much larger than this summer, and probably actually violent. the big problem being, because he won't have to worry about re-election, there could be an actual violent crackdown by a Trump government. not Tiananmen Square, exactly, but that kind of suppression. i really do think he would do it with his goon troops who showed up in DC this past summer.

my guess is that one state vs. multiple states will come down to how close the election is as well as the perceived friendliness of each state's legislatures and supreme courts. it would also depend on how aggressive Team Biden/Harris would be willing to fight. if it came down to a SCOTUS decision, in light of the 3 justices, at least 2 who are understood as entirely illegitimate by probably half the population ... man, i don't know. i could see a bunch of West Coast and Northeastern governors starting to really talk about ... what exactly, i'm not sure. but the argument being "we're dying of COVID and the person who lost the election is going to punish us because we didn't vote for him" is genuinely scary.

if it's a decisive Biden win, then it's just Wednesday.
I don't think it'll be "just Wednesday" under any circumstances, including a decisive Biden Election Night victory.

I don't think the far right militias are going to just go back under their rocks once the glorious leader is deposed.

I also can't imagine the craziness that will ensue with 2 1/2 months of a lame duck Trump, in the midst of a pandemic that is burning hotter by the hour.

I seriously think he will contest even a decisive Biden win. That's what narcissists like him do all the time.

Even Walmart is taking guns and ammo out of their stores in some states.

I never thought I'd live to see such times, honestly wish I hadn't.

Wow, I feel such a loss of respect for a person I've always admired. His right of course, but I just don't get it.

Bobby Orr endorsed Donald Trump for president in a newspaper ad

October 30, 2020 | 12:57 PM

Bruins legend and Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Orr says he’s supporting Donald Trump for president.

Orr, a Florida resident, made the endorsement in an ad in Friday’s edition of the New Hampshire Union Leader, the state’s largest newspaper. A note at the bottom says “Paid for by Bobby Orr.”

“When I look at America during these turbulent times, I keep trying to separate style from substance, fact from fiction,” Orr wrote. “This much I know. Our current President has had to operate under extremely difficult conditions over these past several years. In addition, no leader anywhere signed up with the idea that dealing with a worldwide pandemic would be a part of their mandate. The attacks on our president have been unrelenting since the day he took office. Despite that, President Trump has delivered for all American people, regardless of race, gender, or station in life.

“That’s the kind of teammate I want,” Orr wrote in bold letters.

Orr included an image of him with his wife, Peggy, and President Trump in his ad.

“I have never done anything like this before, but I am greatly concerned for the country in which I have raised my family — a country I have grown to love deeply,” Orr wrote. “I want my grandchildren to know the America I know, a place of Patriotism and opportunity.”

Orr made $2,200 and $2,800 donations to Tump’s presidential campaign in July, according to Federal Election Commission records.

"i was going to vote for joe biden but now i'm going to vote for trump because bobby orr likes him," said no one ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom