US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is getting his ass stomped in Wisconsin and there's nothing he can do about it. The epicenter of the new wave of COVID-19 is not going to back him and I don't care what his sycophants are telling him.

Last edited:
This summarizes my main source of anxiety this week:

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1321250905476501507
[TWEET] 1321250905476501507[/TWEET]

Though unlikely, you could see a scenario where Trump over performs his small deficits in AZ/FL/GA/NC and finds a way (legitimately or through shenanigans) to win PA.

Again, unlikely, but not impossible.

This summarizes my main source of anxiety this week:

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1321250905476501507
[TWEET] 1321250905476501507[/TWEET]

Though unlikely, you could see a scenario where Trump over performs his small deficits in AZ/FL/GA/NC and finds a way (legitimately or through shenanigans) to win PA.

Again, unlikely, but not impossible.

Same. Biden winning the PV by 8 points but a series of <1 point wins by Trump in Midwestern states barely hanging on and Sun Belt states that are just not quite there yet.

But then there’s the thought that if it’s +4 nationally it has to affect the EC, because there just aren’t that many more votes in California to run up the PV.

tenor.gif

My biggest fear is that, like Clinton, he's not spending enough time in the rust belt down the stretch - instead getting cute looking for a landslide.

I'm sure he will set camp in PA in the coming days though. They both are. I don't think he's going for a landslide, but just keeping other states where he is ahead (Clinton never was in some of these places) on the map as a fall-back option.

Biden also has Kamala Harris - regardless of where she falls on your spectrum of who a perfect VP candidate is, she’s about a Grand Canyon sized gap better on the campaign trail than human wallpaper otherwise known as Tim Kaine was.

Biden also has Kamala Harris - regardless of where she falls on your spectrum of who a perfect VP candidate is, she’s about a Grand Canyon sized gap better on the campaign trail than human wallpaper otherwise known as Tim Kaine was.

Agreed. Tim Kaine came off like “here’s a token white guy to appease you, he won’t have any power.”

Kamala comes off as the exact opposite. A genuine oath to make some change and she might actually be your future. Though that’s bound to piss a lot of people off lol.

It looks like I dropped into the Dem Anxiety zone. :ohmy:
I get it. My stomach is churning, and I can’t imagine what Monday will feel like.

But don’t despair my friends! Biden is not going to lose PA. Trump can go there all he wants. It doesn’t do anything for him. In fact it may be counter productive.
And to ease everyone’s mind, Biden has visited PA the same amount of times this month. Biden is in no way neglecting the Midwest. I would say they have been there about 60-70% of the time. Hell, he even did a whistle stop tour through PA and OH!

So
1. He is not losing PA
2. Reading prognosticators in the know, it seems that AZ is looking to be a very strong contender. Stronger than polls show, and much easier to read outcomes from early voting than other states.
3. GA chances are seeming to be lifting among those more intelligent than I.
4. If GA goes blue. Trump could win PA, NC, FL, TX, Iowa, Ohio, AZ AND even NV! And Biden would still win. That’s why Biden was there today.
5. Biden isn’t losing PA.

GA is/will be the next VA. I feel good about Iowa. TX apparently has had the highest turnout ever of blacks over 65. FL is completely confusing.

Apparently the NE rally was a shitshow — a bunch of people stranded in bitter cold far from their cars, likely giving the kind officers who helped them COVID.

So Trump.

Florida is simple. People are selfish and greedy and want to believe this pandemic isn’t real and they want their extra 10k on top of their 500k income. Orlando youth cannot outpace South Florida age.

The senate polls over the last week look very promising for the record.

Florida never seems too far out of reach, but there are so many variables involved that no one can ever feel confident about its allegiances, especially if they lived through 2000. Florida will never be easy. But it is entirely possible that it is swept away in a landslide election, more so than Texas.

Ranking my confidence level, greatest to least:

Michigan
Wisconsin
Pennsylvania
Arizona
North Carolina
Iowa
Florida
Georgia
Ohio
Texas

Yeah, I certainly don't blame anyone for not wanting to pin their hopes on Florida. But hey, if they want to pleasantly surprise us next week, fantastic, please do so!

Apparently the NE rally was a shitshow — a bunch of people stranded in bitter cold far from their cars, likely giving the kind officers who helped them COVID.

So Trump.

I heard about that! Amazing.

It looks like I dropped into the Dem Anxiety zone. :ohmy:
I get it. My stomach is churning, and I can’t imagine what Monday will feel like.

But don’t despair my friends! Biden is not going to lose PA. Trump can go there all he wants. It doesn’t do anything for him. In fact it may be counter productive.
And to ease everyone’s mind, Biden has visited PA the same amount of times this month. Biden is in no way neglecting the Midwest. I would say they have been there about 60-70% of the time. Hell, he even did a whistle stop tour through PA and OH!

So
1. He is not losing PA
2. Reading prognosticators in the know, it seems that AZ is looking to be a very strong contender. Stronger than polls show, and much easier to read outcomes from early voting than other states.
3. GA chances are seeming to be lifting among those more intelligent than I.
4. If GA goes blue. Trump could win PA, NC, FL, TX, Iowa, Ohio, AZ AND even NV! And Biden would still win. That’s why Biden was there today.
5. Biden isn’t losing PA.

my level of anxiety from now until next tuesday (wednesday? thanksgiving?) will be slowly but surely be increasing to unsustainable levels.

he can not win. our country can not survive another four years of this. i do not want my children to grow up in a land where this is considered normal and okay. he must lose.

Trump is getting his ass stomped in Wisconsin and there's nothing he can do about it. The epicenter of the new wave of COVID-19 is not going to back him and I don't care what his sycophants are telling him.

By the looks of that new ABC poll (Biden +17 in WI), seems like the good people of Wisconsin are realizing the implications of almost full ICU capacity.

i don't know how much stock i can put into poll numbers changing now that so many people have already voted.

these last few days are about turning out those less than motivated voters. i do feel trump has an advantage here - which is again why i'm begging them to spend more time in the rust belt and less time in georgia.

something i am anecdotally worried about, especially in the tight states.

many young professionals - who would certainly trend democratic - have moved back home with parents while they are working from home, furloughed or laid off, but their voter registration may still be in the city where they worked back in March.

this is perhaps my irrational anxiety popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom