US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Bloomberg's internal polling is impeccable so if he sees that TX and OH are within reach, I believe it.

A lot of people shat on him for not spending more $ but frankly he's a shrewd businessman and I 100% believe that his internal polling outfit which he built by poaching from the best has this in the bag for Biden. Why throw $ if/when not needed - he didn't become filthy rich by doing so.

These last minute buys could be crucial. He can afford to spend even more $, should do so.
This is so important. Micro targeted polling, especially the likes of Bloomberg's, is the real deal. This also is true about targeted, district level polling by campaign's. They get really good information and they need to, because it determines how they will spend their money, so they don't do any feel good polls, cause it will cost them money.

The district level polling is showing some bad news for Trump. Worse than public state polling is reflecting.

Very happy to see OH included here. Would be incredible to flip it, even though I'm still skeptical, if Bloomberg's polling sees a path, it gives me some hope.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Nobody does
Last on the chain of tipping point states.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Kavanaugh is not even trying to hide his partisanship. Incredible stuff.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/st...33212005294081

This is their main play at this point

Let’s say it goes this route. Trump claims that a winner has to be named next Tuesday night and any mail votes that come after are thrown out.

And let’s assume the EC vote is really close.

Based on justice Beer Me

How would they vote ?

Kavanaugh - yes
Thomas - yes
Barret - yes
Kagan - no
Sotomayor- no
Breyer - no

Alito - ?...lean yes
Gorsuch- ?
Roberts - ???

We have three conservative justices that I’m not sure what way they would go. Roberts, Kav, and ACB all worked on the Bush team back in 2000

But do these three unknown (in my eyes) want to be responsible for the destruction and chaos that would happen immediately??
Old 10-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Bloomberg's internal polling is impeccable so if he sees that TX and OH are within reach, I believe it.

A lot of people shat on him for not spending more $ but frankly he's a shrewd businessman and I 100% believe that his internal polling outfit which he built by poaching from the best has this in the bag for Biden. Why throw $ if/when not needed - he didn't become filthy rich by doing so.

These last minute buys could be crucial. He can afford to spend even more $, should do so.
I have zero doubt that he will spend whatever is needed to get the job done, much like he did in 2018. He said up to a billion dollars, and nothing about his reputation says that he wouldn't have backed that up if it were necessary.

But when the other side has gone broke and stopped spending money in key states? You can be a bit more strategic with that spend.

He's a snake who has no money, tho. People have said.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Woah who said he didn’t have money??!
Old 10-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I have zero doubt that he will spend whatever is needed to get the job done, much like he did in 2018. He said up to a billion dollars, and nothing about his reputation says that he wouldn't have backed that up if it were necessary.

But when the other side has gone broke and stopped spending money in key states? You can be a bit more strategic with that spend.

He's a snake who has no money, tho. People have said.
Yeah, I think the best part is that Trump is literally down to like 30 million bucks. He can't come back and defend TX of all places. And if he tried, Bloomberg would just double it up.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

People also said Cam Newton was good and week 9 basically coincides with Election Day where we can tally up the man’s big words

Parlay parlay parlay parlay
Old 10-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Sure the Pats have barely practiced in a month because the guy you're referring to caught covid-19 but I'm sure that has nothing to do with their current performance. Probably just a coincidence, really. When you think about it.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Sure the Pats have barely practiced in a month because the guy you're referring to caught covid-19 but I'm sure that has nothing to do with their current performance. Probably just a coincidence, really. When you think about it.

Ah yes, the asymptomatic circumstances of his diagnosis must’ve really thrown a wrench in his otherwise blossoming 1:1 TD-INT ratio once the mighty 49ers showed up (who conceded more points to the Giants and Jets).
Old 10-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah, I think the best part is that Trump is literally down to like 30 million bucks. He can't come back and defend TX of all places. And if he tried, Bloomberg would just double it up.
Trump's campaign likely has to spend those $30M running ads in the DC area so that he can see them when he watches TV all night.

And to answer BEAL's question - John Roberts is borderline obsessive about the court and legacy and he's not dogmatic, so I don't think he'd vote with the right, but that still leaves the court in a 5-4 hole.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I would not be shocked if DC was 90+. If you're here and you're pro trump you're likely registered somewhere else.

Now that I’m back, I’m appreciating the good things about it, like living in a neighborhood filled not just wirh BLM signs, but signs like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3238.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	12666
Old 10-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Trump's campaign likely has to spend those $30M running ads in the DC area so that he can see them when he watches TV all night.

And to answer BEAL's question - John Roberts is borderline obsessive about the court and legacy and he's not dogmatic, so I don't think he'd vote with the right, but that still leaves the court in a 5-4 hole.

Maybe he’d wheel and deal, tho.

Another Bush v Gore would literally invite Molotov cocktails hurled at the court building. This would overshadow anything that has happened and everything to come.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #133
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

The ads they run here in DC say absolutely everything you need to know about this president.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #134
ONE
love, blood, life

Just a random thought, related to the notion that RGB should've stepped down when Obama was in office:

If Biden wins, Stephen Breyer should probably step down ASAP so that we can solidify that seat. He's 82.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Breyer should be locked in the same hyperbaric chamber we should have had RBG in until January 21.

Obviously he has no known health issues that should be of concern - but he is 81 and there is this pesky pandemic going on.

Would McConnell hesitate in the least to jam through another one in a lame duck session in the unlikely scenario that it presented itself?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Just a random thought, related to the notion that RGB should've stepped down when Obama was in office:

If Biden wins, Stephen Breyer should probably step down ASAP so that we can solidify that seat. He's 82.
I believe that Biden has already said he'd appoint a woman of colour. He should pick one under 55, the younger the better. I've always had a hunch he has had his eye on Stacy Abrams' sister, but there are many others.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

There was a candidate once upon a time who had court reform as a major part of his platform. He had an entry level job at McKinsey, though.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Why would Breyer have to step down ASAP? Within four years (or perhaps two), sure, but he doesn't have to go immediately.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Oh wait!!! Melania is speaking in PA.

Nothing's gonna get those "suburban housewives" like a cold, dead-eyed, heartless, robo-human, bikini/lingerie model, with the voice of Natasha only more broken and flat.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Oh wait!!! Melania is speaking in PA.

Nothing's gonna get those "suburban housewives" like a cold, dead-eyed, heartless, robo-human, bikini/lingerie model, with the voice of Natasha only more broken and flat.
Maybe she'll one up her fuck Christmas with fuck Halloween.

Tags
oust the orange menace