US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomberg's internal polling is impeccable so if he sees that TX and OH are within reach, I believe it.

A lot of people shat on him for not spending more $ but frankly he's a shrewd businessman and I 100% believe that his internal polling outfit which he built by poaching from the best has this in the bag for Biden. Why throw $ if/when not needed - he didn't become filthy rich by doing so.

These last minute buys could be crucial. He can afford to spend even more $, should do so.

This is so important. Micro targeted polling, especially the likes of Bloomberg's, is the real deal. This also is true about targeted, district level polling by campaign's. They get really good information and they need to, because it determines how they will spend their money, so they don't do any feel good polls, cause it will cost them money.

The district level polling is showing some bad news for Trump. Worse than public state polling is reflecting.

Very happy to see OH included here. Would be incredible to flip it, even though I'm still skeptical, if Bloomberg's polling sees a path, it gives me some hope.

Kavanaugh is not even trying to hide his partisanship. Incredible stuff.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1320933212005294081

[TWEET]1320933212005294081[/TWEET]

Not to mention that he was on George W Bush's legal team that managed to get votes added to the count by Thanksgiving weekend.

This is their main play at this point

Let’s say it goes this route. Trump claims that a winner has to be named next Tuesday night and any mail votes that come after are thrown out.

And let’s assume the EC vote is really close.

Based on justice Beer Me

How would they vote ?

Kavanaugh - yes
Thomas - yes
Barret - yes
Kagan - no
Sotomayor- no
Breyer - no

Alito - ?...lean yes
Gorsuch- ?
Roberts - ???

We have three conservative justices that I’m not sure what way they would go. Roberts, Kav, and ACB all worked on the Bush team back in 2000

But do these three unknown (in my eyes) want to be responsible for the destruction and chaos that would happen immediately??

Bloomberg's internal polling is impeccable so if he sees that TX and OH are within reach, I believe it.

A lot of people shat on him for not spending more $ but frankly he's a shrewd businessman and I 100% believe that his internal polling outfit which he built by poaching from the best has this in the bag for Biden. Why throw $ if/when not needed - he didn't become filthy rich by doing so.

These last minute buys could be crucial. He can afford to spend even more $, should do so.

I have zero doubt that he will spend whatever is needed to get the job done, much like he did in 2018. He said up to a billion dollars, and nothing about his reputation says that he wouldn't have backed that up if it were necessary.

But when the other side has gone broke and stopped spending money in key states? You can be a bit more strategic with that spend.

He's a snake who has no money, tho. People have said.

I have zero doubt that he will spend whatever is needed to get the job done, much like he did in 2018. He said up to a billion dollars, and nothing about his reputation says that he wouldn't have backed that up if it were necessary.

But when the other side has gone broke and stopped spending money in key states? You can be a bit more strategic with that spend.

He's a snake who has no money, tho. People have said.

Yeah, I think the best part is that Trump is literally down to like 30 million bucks. He can't come back and defend TX of all places. And if he tried, Bloomberg would just double it up.

People also said Cam Newton was good and week 9 basically coincides with Election Day where we can tally up the man’s big words

Parlay parlay parlay parlay

Sure the Pats have barely practiced in a month because the guy you're referring to caught covid-19 but I'm sure that has nothing to do with their current performance. Probably just a coincidence, really. When you think about it.

Ah yes, the asymptomatic circumstances of his diagnosis must’ve really thrown a wrench in his otherwise blossoming 1:1 TD-INT ratio once the mighty 49ers showed up (who conceded more points to the Giants and Jets).

Yeah, I think the best part is that Trump is literally down to like 30 million bucks. He can't come back and defend TX of all places. And if he tried, Bloomberg would just double it up.

Trump's campaign likely has to spend those $30M running ads in the DC area so that he can see them when he watches TV all night.

And to answer BEAL's question - John Roberts is borderline obsessive about the court and legacy and he's not dogmatic, so I don't think he'd vote with the right, but that still leaves the court in a 5-4 hole.

Trump's campaign likely has to spend those $30M running ads in the DC area so that he can see them when he watches TV all night.

And to answer BEAL's question - John Roberts is borderline obsessive about the court and legacy and he's not dogmatic, so I don't think he'd vote with the right, but that still leaves the court in a 5-4 hole.

Maybe he’d wheel and deal, tho.

Another Bush v Gore would literally invite Molotov cocktails hurled at the court building. This would overshadow anything that has happened and everything to come.

The ads they run here in DC say absolutely everything you need to know about this president.

Just a random thought, related to the notion that RGB should've stepped down when Obama was in office:

If Biden wins, Stephen Breyer should probably step down ASAP so that we can solidify that seat. He's 82.

Breyer should be locked in the same hyperbaric chamber we should have had RBG in until January 21.

Obviously he has no known health issues that should be of concern - but he is 81 and there is this pesky pandemic going on.

Would McConnell hesitate in the least to jam through another one in a lame duck session in the unlikely scenario that it presented itself?

Last edited:
Just a random thought, related to the notion that RGB should've stepped down when Obama was in office:

If Biden wins, Stephen Breyer should probably step down ASAP so that we can solidify that seat. He's 82.

I believe that Biden has already said he'd appoint a woman of colour. He should pick one under 55, the younger the better. I've always had a hunch he has had his eye on Stacy Abrams' sister, but there are many others.

Oh wait!!! Melania is speaking in PA.

Nothing's gonna get those "suburban housewives" like a cold, dead-eyed, heartless, robo-human, bikini/lingerie model, with the voice of Natasha only more broken and flat.

Nothing's gonna get those "suburban housewives" like a cold, dead-eyed, heartless, robo-human, bikini/lingerie model, with the voice of Natasha only more broken and flat.

Maybe she'll one up her fuck Christmas with fuck Halloween.

Why would Breyer have to step down ASAP? Within four years (or perhaps two), sure, but he doesn't have to go immediately.

Even if the 2022 map is favorable for Dems, can't assume they'll hold the Senate (if they win it) after that. And you want to do this as far away from the mid-terms as possible.

Now that Biden committed to the blue ribbon commission, he should appoint it on day 1 (and make sure you don't get Federalist types in it), and proceed with whatever major court reform it may outline within 6 months. I would actually prefer that they do that before a Breyer replacement to be clear where they are spending political capital.

Even if the 2022 map is favorable for Dems, can't assume they'll hold the Senate (if they win it) after that. And you want to do this as far away from the mid-terms as possible.

Now that Biden committed to the blue ribbon commission, he should appoint it on day 1 (and make sure you don't get Federalist types in it), and proceed with whatever major court reform it may outline within 6 months. I would actually prefer that they do that before a Breyer replacement to be clear where they are spending political capital.

If the Dems hold the Senate (and the Presidency) it shouldn't be an issue in 2022. Agreed on the commission first though.

Trump has some very sick "fans"

CBS has reportedly hired full-time security for “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl after a family member received a death threat over her interview with President Trump.

An unidentified suspect called Stahl’s home Thursday, just hours before the president released his own copy of the interview on Facebook, and threatened her and her family and “said something about neo-Nazis,” TMZ reported Tuesday.

The Los Angeles Police Department would not confirm whether an investigation has been launched.

Stahl, 78, now reportedly has security guards at her home and with her whenever she goes out in public.

A spokesperson for CBS did not immediately return the Daily News' request for comment.

Not that anyone needs more info, but this guy knows more about Nevada than anyone, and I check it out every election.

In a nutshell, at least in Nevada, which is not a swing state, the polls are basically accurate:

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/the-early-voting-blog-3
While most of this article is great news, there is one piece that greatly concerns me - not so much in Nevada but perhaps in states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and maybe Florida, where supression of mail in ballots may be more of a concern - and it's this;

But we have to use the numbers we have, and these are the latest: Dems lead by 90,650 in Clark mail and GOP leads in in-person voting by 20,650.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Boris darlink, I mean Donald darlink, please make sure moose and squirrel don't win election so I can continue to live in bigh white house where I never have to see you"

34038b70-07f5-407c-bb0b-17aa6206264e_x365.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom