US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually to the point where I think Trump has won already to where if there's a sudden swing, I'll take the surprise.

Early NH call, which was super tight in 2016, is a good sign for the Midwest I think.

I'm actually to the point where I think Trump has won already to where if there's a sudden swing, I'll take the surprise.

Orange Don just brushed past coked out Don Jr.'s hug attempt to thrust his tongue down Ivanka's throat in celebration. Eric is pounding shrimp by the fistful and Tiff is being ignored as per usual.
Melania picking out the 2021 and 2022 Christmas decorations.

They still are. Let’s not take one state and make a broad brush statement. And what no one remembers is that polls have a margin of error of 3 to 5 points, sometimes more. Meaning polls that had Biden +2 means the final result could be Biden -3.

Trafalgar and Rasmussen had Trump +5 and +4 in their final OH numbers which I don’t think is how it will end up. Most reputable pollsters had it tied or Biden up or down 1 or 2.

AZ counting like there's a bonus prize for doing it the fastest, jeez

There is honestly zero excuse for not counting efficiently. It’s one thing to obviously have to wait for absentee ballots, but the ballots on hand should be counted tonight.

It’s not like the election caught them by surprise. Hire more damn people/buy more damn machines.

I’m disappointed. I definitely wasn’t expecting Biden to win by a huge lead, but I’m out of nails to bite.

There is honestly zero excuse for not counting efficiently. It’s one thing to obviously have to wait for absentee ballots, but the ballots on hand should be counted tonight.

It’s not like the election caught them by surprise. Hire more damn people/buy more damn machines.

i'm sure you've seen it, the difference between how election night happens in canada versus our next door neighbour is so wild it's funny. so many small differences that make things so much more efficient here. i don't recall an election in canada in my lifetime that has gone past midnight on election day. we have our shit together in that aspect.

when i was younger i used to wish i lived in the US so that i could move to a place with warm weather but holy shit am i ever thankful i live in canada now.

I feel like you guys are a bit too defeatist at the moment. MSNBC thinks Arizona is looking good, and if that’s the case, Biden only needs two of WI/MI/PA(and somebody on MSNBC whose name I don’t remember but who isn’t prone to hyperbole was speaking confidently about WI) to get to 270. Though getting there without PA requires getting Nebraska’s second district.

And that’s with OH still outstanding.

I’m unbelievably anxious but by no means am I feeling like it’s lost yet.

I feel like you guys are a bit too defeatist at the moment. MSNBC thinks Arizona is looking good, and if that’s the case, Biden only needs two of WI/MI/PA(and somebody on MSNBC whose name I don’t remember but who isn’t prone to hyperbole was speaking confidently about WI) to get to 270. Though getting there without PA requires getting Nebraska’s second district.

And that’s with OH still outstanding.

I’m unbelievably anxious but by no means am I feeling like it’s lost yet.

Thank you for this.

I fully agree with the need to better streamline this stuff, too, and make it more efficient.

i'm sure you've seen it, the difference between how election night happens in canada versus our next door neighbour is so wild it's funny. so many small differences that make things so much more efficient here. i don't recall an election in canada in my lifetime that has gone past midnight on election day. we have our shit together in that aspect.

when i was younger i used to wish i lived in the US so that i could move to a place with warm weather but holy shit am i ever thankful i live in canada now.

Yeah but you only have 2,869 citizens (and 118,000,000 moose) so its an easy vote to count.

While we are all obsessing about Biden, the cold hard truth is the Senate probably won’t flip.

So you will have McConnell blocking EVERYTHING just like he did during the Obama years.

While we are all obsessing about Biden, the cold hard truth is the Senate probably won’t flip.

So you will have McConnell blocking EVERYTHING just like he did during the Obama years.

Yeah, that really sucks. When Trump was called to win Kentucky, I figured that wasn't going to bode well for getting McConnell out of there.

We just can't have nice things, can we?

I did read that the House looks to be staying blue, though, so there's that. Even if Trump does win they can still try and be something of a thorn in his side.

I'm seeing people assuming Biden's lost and saying "SANDERS WOULDA WON," like people who'd vote for a man who's strategy of dealing with a pandemic is to let as many die as possible could be convinced by anything. Or like a bunch of fascists would be swayed by an even more left wing candidate.

25 years of increasingly popular far right propaganda in the media + growing Christian extremism + facebook = a difficult path to victory for any sane person. I don't think a more left wing candidate would sway people who won't vite for Biden because they think he's a commie. He could still win, but there are just a lot of shitty, deranged people in the US.

Right?

Have you EVER stood in line to vote for more than a couple of minutes? Condo buildings in downtown Toronto can be made their own precincts for ease of voting. When I lived downtown a lifetime ago, all I had to do is take the elevator up to the top floor and vote in the party room.

But we have Elections Canada, a non-partisan body to draw lines (no gerrymandering) and generally run things well.

I'm seeing people assuming Biden's lost and saying "SANDERS WOULDA WON," like people who'd vote for a man who's strategy of dealing with a pandemic is to let as many die as possible could be convinced by anything. Or like a bunch of fascists would be swayed by an even more left wing candidate.

25 years of increasingly popular far right propaganda in the media + growing Christian extremism + facebook = a difficult path to victory for any sane person. I don't think a more left wing candidate would sway people who won't vite for Biden because they think he's a commie. He could still win, but there are just a lot of shitty, deranged people in the US.
Yea I mean th e "ehrmagad bournie" folks can't really make an argument when it's looking like the reason why Biden won't take florida is because large swaths of cuban americans think Biden is a commie.

Right?

Have you EVER stood in line to vote for more than a couple of minutes? Condo buildings in downtown Toronto can be made their own precincts for ease of voting. When I lived downtown a lifetime ago, all I had to do is take the elevator up to the top floor and vote in the party room.

But we have Elections Canada, a non-partisan body to draw lines (no gerrymandering) and generally run things well.

I've never had to walk more than 5 minutes to a polling station, and the only time I felt like I was waiting was because the staff were shooting the shit. We usually know by around 10 EST, no? Those poor westerners....

Not gaining the senate means we are held hostage by a minority of American nazis.

No real covid relief

No healthcare

And there’s no vaccine for climate change.

Right?

i voted in the lobby of my building on the way in from work in the 2015 election, no line. in the 2019 election i had recently moved, so i walked a block away to the polling station at the local church, showed a piece of ID that had my new address on it, voted and left within 10 minutes max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom