US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my house is mostly packed up I don’t have my multiple screens set up in my office. Anybody checking the Senate races? I saw that the Colorado seat has been flipped to Hickenlooper.

Because my house is mostly packed up I don’t have my multiple screens set up in my office. Anybody checking the Senate races? I saw that the Colorado seat has been flipped to Hickenlooper.

Doesn't look good as NC looks like a longshot at this point.

Keep an eye on the markets - future are starting to sell off a bit.

As you said before, even if Biden squeaks it out, it’s a horrible state of affairs for the country.

I really had faith that the vote would be clear. How the hell are you approaching a QUARTER OF A MILLION DEAD PEOPLE from a pandemic that’s been declared as over by a giant pile of steaming shit and half the country if not more is totes ok with that?

I don’t want to live on top of a meth lab anymore.

The betting markets were always a little more Trump-leaning though. But it's close to a 50-50 race at this point. We just don't know enough yet.

As you said before, even if Biden squeaks it out, it’s a horrible state of affairs for the country.

I really had faith that the vote would be clear. How the hell are you approaching a QUARTER OF A MILLION DEAD PEOPLE from a pandemic that’s been declared as over by a giant pile of steaming shit and half the country if not more is totes ok with that?

It baffles me too.

It speaks to a system that is breaking down, and an internet world that has overtaken real life.

It’s quite terrifying.

Yea I mean if 4 years of this, and even more specifically 8 months of just a disastrous response to the pandemic results in reelection?

Forget it. I'm done.

I feel awful for you Americans who are directly affected.

Canada and the US are intertwined forever in a way no other countries of this size are. And because we share the media and because ultimately we’re always going to be the mouse standing next to an elephant (in the words of Pierre Trudeau, when that’s the case “it doesn’t hurt to be alert”), we are suffering through the same (over)exposure to this monster. It’s just fucking EXHAUSTING.

So we are with you, for better or worse, and this is really not where I wanted to be tonight.

Ohio looks really close as there's still a bunch of Dem votes left. And I guess it bodes well for the Midwest. I'm attaching my hopes to that.

AZ though, I'm not so sure.

I’m getting nervous. Trying to keep working instead of paying too much attention. But damn.

some of y'all need to take a couple deep breaths. and no that's not a weed joke this time

Yeah I don't understand why people are acting like it's over already. A Biden landslide was never statistically likely. Were people really expecting him to win Texas for example?

[TWEET]1323817164038500352[/TWEET]

If the Midwest holds, the story of the election might be the further polarization of the country along educational divides.

Yeah I don't understand why people are acting like it's over already. A Biden landslide was never statistically likely. Were people really expecting him to win Texas for example?

The early signs from GA and NC, even after FL, were not great. Speaking for myself, there was (and still is) a scenario in which polling errors there would be correlated to the Midwest once again. I think the subsequent results have been slightly better, but we are now in a 50-50 race that was a 90-10 race just three hours ago.

Edit: I'm thinking that the "blue wall" might hold.

I don’t think it’s Texas - not sure anyone here really thought it would go blue, but because we KNOW the Republicans are going to litigate everything that they reasonably or otherwise can, the goal was to not just squeak by with PA/MI/WI but to pad that with at least 1-2 other states such that the probability of an unknown outcome is far less likely and the probability of the courts getting involved is likewise minimized.

The only positive I am seeing is OH and it being a harbinger for the Midwest. But God help us all if this comes down to litigation in Pennsylvania. They’re not even counting mail-in ballots until tomorrow for God’s sake.

A bit surprised that Trump hasn’t declared victory already (on Twitter, obv).

What concerns me more than anything right now is that the polling was obviously way off yet again. If the polling error is across the board, I think it's over.

I'm basing my hopes on WI, MI, and PA somehow swinging to Biden. I think MI will for sure. But nervous about the other two.

So much for Ohio.
It's all gonna come down to PA and he's been preparing to steal that state for months. They have it literally in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom