US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just blown away that we're going to hit 100m votes going into election day. I thought we would land somewhere around the 50-60% mark of 2016's total, but we're going to be at 72% or thereabouts. That's 39% of the voting age population before election day; we hit 55.5% in 2016.

That's genuinely fantastic :up:. It's kind of crazy that it's taking something like this to bring out the voters in that high of numbers, but hey, I'll take any good news I can get.

Wow, just saw early vote is 53 Female, 44 Male. That is very good news for Biden if that gap continues. I guess the men are too busy running buses off the highway in their tiny penis trucks.

Also good news (and LOL at "tiny penis trucks").

Random poll of Interference:

What network will you all be watching tomorrow night? I feel like MSNBC would be like listening to your team’s radio announcers. Lol.

I'm watching Stephen Colbert's election special. At least that will have some comedy with it. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to read my updates online.

MSNBC and the internet for sure.

Here’s something to pass the time:

View attachment 12679

I got: Illegal aliens will erase stay at home moms.

I got, "Antifas eradicate our saviour Donald J. Trump".

Well, then :p.

Extremely anecdotally, but reality seems to be dawning on the few Trumpers in my FB feed.

(ie, “no matter who is president, Jesus is King”)

If Jesus actually showed up, Trump would tweet that he draws bigger crowds at his rallies and that he prefers saviors that can actually save themselves.

Or he would invite him to his rally, bring him on stage, and say “this guy! My prophet friend. One time, he helped me make the greatest economy ever. We’d talk all the time, every Sunday, believe me. You know, before me, this guy was going out of style. The democrats want to crucify him all over again! But I made him great again!”

It's election day.

From Nate Silver

Our final turnout estimate landed at 158 million, with an 80th percentile range between 147 and 168 million. Compares to 137 million in 2016.

Biden ends at 89.2%. So "favored" rather than "clearly favored".

10% chances happen, but it's a certainly a very solid position for Biden. More to come.

From G. Elliott Morris

I think it’s actually fairly likely that we’ll be able to call the whole election by 9 or 10 PM, based on the shift we see in full results from rural counties and in FL, NC, and VA, which count election day and early/absentee ballots very quickly. Could all be over by midnight.

Chance of winning the electoral college - 96 to 4

Or he would invite him to his rally, bring him on stage, and say “this guy! My prophet friend. One time, he helped me make the greatest economy ever. We’d talk all the time, every Sunday, believe me. You know, before me, this guy was going out of style. The democrats want to crucify him all over again! But I made him great again!”

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

He brought what? Loaves and Fishes? Come on... Come on.... how many auto plants did I bring? He'll tell you. Jesus, Jesus... tell em how many auto plants.

Well my friends. It's a proud moment. Early vote has hit 99,719,397.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that Trump's strategy of voter suppression, intimidation, delegitimization has done anything but bring people out in record shattering numbers.

Well my friends. It's a proud moment. Early vote has hit 99,719,397.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that Trump's strategy of voter suppression, intimidation, delegitimization has done anything but bring people out in record shattering numbers.

Standing applause to the people who waited hours in line during a global pandemic to cast their vote.

Let that never happen again.

Standing applause to the people who waited hours in line during a global pandemic to cast their vote.

Let that never happen again.

Yes, by launching a firm 8-16 year plan that develops the US Department of Cybersecurity which contains the Federal Elections Administration within it, having a the end of this plan culminate with secure transactional online voting.

And for god’s sake if anyone says it’s not secure all I will cite back to you again is your entire personal wealth and the rest of the human population’s wealth is on the internet.

Yes, by launching a firm 8-16 year plan that develops the US Department of Cybersecurity which contains the Federal Elections Administration within it, having a the end of this plan culminate with secure transactional online voting.

And for god’s sake if anyone says it’s not secure all I will cite back to you again is your entire personal wealth and the rest of the human population’s wealth is on the internet.

Standing ovation right here! :applaud::applaud:

Trump brought out Lil Pump in Michigan and called him Little Pimp.

Life is so fucking weird right now.

One more trashing of RCP. They have Biden at +2.6 in PA.

Four out of the nine polls are right wing trash polls.
Their average - Trump +2

The other real pollsters - Biden +5.2

I think Biden wins PA by 6.

If Jesus actually showed up, Trump would tweet that he draws bigger crowds at his rallies and that he prefers saviors that can actually save themselves.

I saw a clip the other day where he was bragging about how he could draw bigger crowds than Reagan. It was truly something.

From G. Elliott Morris

I think it’s actually fairly likely that we’ll be able to call the whole election by 9 or 10 PM, based on the shift we see in full results from rural counties and in FL, NC, and VA, which count election day and early/absentee ballots very quickly. Could all be over by midnight.

Chance of winning the electoral college - 96 to 4

:pray:

It's hard to believe the day's finally here. I thought it'd never get here, and yet now that it is, my stomach's in knots. Please, please, PLEASE let this day end well. Please.

Time to make things right...I’d say America, but we all know that’s not the case.

States need to start splitting their votes like Maine and Nebraska, since we’ll never lose the Electoral College. At least that will help take the focus away from the same states every time.

But for now, go battleground states.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323601138525085696

Final analysis from Bloomberg’s polling and analytics outfit.

Predicting Biden win with the 3 midwestern states plus Florida and NC but warning it will look like Trump will win until mail in ballots start being added to totals.

Amazing that 100 million people already voted.

But really sad and depressing that it’s even this close given the choice between a decent person with a plan and irredeemable garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom