US Politics XXVIII: But His Laptop From Hell - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #301
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I loathe Tucker Carlson. Take him, Trump, Miller, Don Jr, Jared, Hannity and throw them on a covid infected cruise ship to nowhere. Throw in Q and Alex Jones too. And Lindsay Graham and Mitch too.
Your plan. I like!
__________________

dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 07:11 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Sure some of you know this, I didn't, Georgia is counting their mail in ballots now. Their polls close at 7PM so should have a result before 8 pm.
: fingerscrossed:
I did not know that! That is fantastic news. So this means we have some very important states that we will have numbers from early on election night.

OH, NC, GA, FL, TX and AZ.

If OH goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.
If GA goes to Biden, then that's it, all over,
If FL goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.
If TX goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.

If NC goes to Biden, then it's pretty much over.
__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i've watched this a couple of times today.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status...57199375065093
oh shit.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...36327269523456
womanfish is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Lil Wayne tho
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 02:15 AM
Weather looks to be pretty good in the Midwest next week making in person voting a little more bearable.

GOP gets a win in MN tho, saying mail in ballots must arrive on election night to be counted
BEAL is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 08:33 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Lil Wayne tho
https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/statu...52382457049088
DaveC is online now  
Old 10-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 02:15 AM
https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/13...966884870?s=21
BEAL is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 02:15 AM
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...591318016?s=21
BEAL is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #309
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:15 PM
I can’t get over how Donald Trump airs campaign ads in freaking DC. I’m sitting here and the only ads I see are for Trump.

Is his campaign unaware that the city is a waste of money for ads? Does he really need to see his own face on commercial when Hannity and Tucker aren’t there?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #310
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,500
Local Time: 06:15 PM
BEAL, I love you buddy, you're a quality poster, but I might have to block you for a week because your posts are making my reflux act up.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 10:49 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:15 PM
We are in this awful period where there are only 4 days left in the campaign and realistically nothing will change but we nevertheless have to live through it.

And the really awful thing is even if Biden wins, take a look at the COVID projections between now and the spring and we (North America and Europe at least) are deeply fucked with deaths skyrocketing, inevitable lockdowns whether at the national level like we are seeing in France and Germany or a more targeted approach. A brutal Christmas where the idiots will still celebrate with reckless disregard and the rest of us will behave responsibly while our children miss their grandparents, our elderly parents are mostly left to their own devices, our workplaces continue to gather dust.
anitram is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:15 AM
Other than the obvious reasons for wanting Ossoff to win. A win will speed up the process of his rising star status of the Democratic party.

https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1321982157997441024
womanfish is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Enough young handsome whit man as the “rising star” in a red state. Beto got old fast. Let’s just hope he wins.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-29-2020, 11:35 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You guys, UPS apparently found Tucker Carlson's documents.

This will sure sink Biden.
I went down a wormhole late last night reading up on that whole saga and it brought me some much needed and welcome laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I loathe Tucker Carlson. Take him, Trump, Miller, Don Jr, Jared, Hannity and throw them on a covid infected cruise ship to nowhere. Throw in Q and Alex Jones too. And Lindsay Graham and Mitch too.
Seconding every single word of this post.

You'd think that Jon Stewart smacking Carlson down on national television would've been enough for him to just crawl back under his rock and stay there. But no, he's just that self-important. It's cute that he still seems to think he's worth taking even remotely seriously.

Oh, and speaking of Tucker, apparently tonight he said this:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...73721461071872

Translation: Oh, shit, this is falling apart, quick, um...abort, abort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Lindsay would be in his glory poolside on Speedo Sunday.
...all right, well, there's an image I'll be scrubbing out with brain bleach, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I did not know that! That is fantastic news. So this means we have some very important states that we will have numbers from early on election night.

OH, NC, GA, FL, TX and AZ.

If OH goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.
If GA goes to Biden, then that's it, all over,
If FL goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.
If TX goes to Biden, then that's it, all over.

If NC goes to Biden, then it's pretty much over.


Great news about Georgia starting to count ballots already . I'll take any positive stories I can take right now!
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 12:25 AM   #315
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:15 PM
If NC goes to Biden it’s over? I’d argue if NC goes to Trump then the game gets a heck of a lot harder for Biden.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:02 AM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:15 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Redistric...29481524121600

Harris Co., TX just became the latest county to surpass its 2016 total votes cast, w/ all-night voting, Friday and Election Day left to go.

Harris margins for...

Obama '12: 971 votes
Clinton '16: 161,959 votes
O'Rourke '18: 201,298 votes
Biden '20: ??


Wasserman thinks that Biden could hit 300 to 350k margin in Harris
womanfish is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:09 AM   #317
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:15 PM
I just keep looking at Georgia. Georgia is bluening before our very eyes.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:10 AM   #318
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,500
Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
If NC goes to Biden it’s over? I’d argue if NC goes to Trump then the game gets a heck of a lot harder for Biden.
It would be over because it's hard to believe he would win NC and lose PA, MI or WI in the current environment. In terms of EC votes, Biden doesn't need it, but it provides cushion.

If Biden loses AZ and NC, things will get tough.

If pretty much any state south of Virigina flips, the writing is on the wall.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:22 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It would be over because it's hard to believe he would win NC and lose PA, MI or WI in the current environment. In terms of EC votes, Biden doesn't need it, but it provides cushion.

If Biden loses AZ and NC, things will get tough.

If pretty much any state south of Virigina flips, the writing is on the wall.


Why are all of these circumstances “hard to believe”? This is literally the same thing you said to me about my map and I genuinely don’t know where you’re coming from with it. People in North Carolina are hardly like people in PA. And your point makes absolutely no sense - Hilary Clinton won NC and lost PA, MI, and WI in 2016.

If any state south of NC flips, the writing is indeed on the wall. NC is very much so the purple state of north-meets-south though, and I really would only tie it to VA and GA in terms of voter behaviors. PA is some hodgepodge of Midwest and New Jersey folk (and yes I understand also some Appalachianness Pittsburgh blah blah blah).

NC voters are going blue for the same reason VA voters are. Blossoming urban imports and race political polarization. PA might have the latter part but it sure doesn’t have the former.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:30 AM   #320
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,500
Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Why are all of these circumstances “hard to believe”? This is literally the same thing you said to me about my map and I genuinely don’t know where you’re coming from with it. People in North Carolina are hardly like people in PA. And your point makes absolutely no sense - Hilary Clinton won NC and lost PA, MI, and WI in 2016.

If any state south of NC flips, the writing is indeed on the wall. NC is very much so the purple state of north-meets-south though, and I really would only tie it to VA and GA in terms of voter behaviors. PA is some hodgepodge of Midwest and New Jersey folk (and yes I understand also some Appalachianness Pittsburgh blah blah blah).

NC voters are going blue for the same reason VA voters are. Blossoming urban imports and race political polarization. PA might have the latter part but it sure doesn’t have the former.
What? Hillary Clinton did not win North Carolina. She lost it by a 3.66% margin, whereas she lost PA/MI/WI by fractions of that. Are you thinking of Virigina?

Outside of 2008, which had razor thin margins, NC has been a tough nut to crack for a very long time. I suspect that will change, but it's a slightly bigger leap than assuming Biden will be able to make 1.0-1.5% gains over 2016 in traditionally blue states.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline  
 

Tags
oust the orange menace

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×