US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to remember why TX is among the swing states this time. It’s younger single professionals, it’s suburban families, it’s college educated voters, it’s women, from some early reports southern TX Hispanics. I think most Texans working in the oil biz either in the fields or in the corporate offices are heavily Trump.

Also 6 million people have voted in TX so far. 8.6 million votes there in 2016.

Last edited:
He wasn't winning Texas before tonight, and nothing said tonight changed that.

That the state will be closer should help some down ballot, local elections. And that's good.

I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

My thoughts exactly. There’s an oil culture in Texas. Humorous to call out Ohio like they give a fuck the same way Texas does.

Just a little reassurance, after having reassurance from tonight’s debate that changed no minds

https://mobile.twitter.com/todayinpolls/status/1319307852981338113

Oct. 22: Election day is in 12 days. Here's how polls looked on this day in...

1980: Dem margin +0 (actual = -10)
1984: D -17 (-18)
1988: D -12 (-8)
1992: D +12 (+6)
1996: D +15 (+8)
2000: D -2 (+0)
2004: D -3 (-2)
2008: D +7 (+7)
2012: D +0 (+4)
2016: D +5 (+2)

Biden is currently >+9

And Trump isn’t going to be the only one sent packing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1319457394246733826

I think right now, with the amount of early voting we are seeing, the dam is cracked and water bursting through. I think after tonight, where Trump just couldn’t make himself look like a competent person to be in the job. The dam is going to break.

I know some people posted their maps earlier which was cool to see. I know we are all nervous and cautious. But I’m starting to lean Biden/Dem landslide territory more than a nominal 310 or 320 win. The Economist and 538 have Biden winning 412 EC votes as the very close 3rd most likely outcome, at 48%. 374 is 2nd at 51%. I think this is where we are headed.

I loved how Trump had to eat crow about Kristen Welker and all the crap he and hls campaign spewed about her. At one point Trump even told her he appreciated how she was handling the debate. As if she needed his approval, but still. She was superb.

Rick Santorum is so desperate that he mentioned the one time Biden looked at his watch, said it would become a meme. He looked at his watch towards the end because Kristen Welker said they were running out of time and had to move on.

I think Trump was most definitely medicated. No way can he have that much self control voluntarily. Biden's big mistake was the oil thing imo. Trump made some disgusting comments that the Biden campaign needs to put in ads.

I really hope Biden is telling the truth about all the Hunter stuff.

One of the first things you are taught not to do around those with stutters is interrupt them. This is why Trump did what he did in the first debate. Like everything else it was a performance, and a performance with evil intent.

He wasn't tranquilized last night. He's capable of speaking without throwing his own shit when he wants to. We've heard him on tape with Woodward. He knew if he went out there and didn't set fire to the stage that inevitably there would be some level of "oh trump was more presidential tonight."

Thankfully the media is getting better at moving past his bullshit and that wasn't the big narrative from most. It only took them close to 4 years.

The media also doesn’t feel as bullied by the right to equivocate/“both sides” stories like HUNTER’S EMAILS in the way that they did Hillary’s emails. They are ignoring fake stories planted by Russians whereas 4 years ago they’d be terrified of being called “fake news” by Hannity.

That and the WSJ just literally ended that non-story.

So what will BW come up with next to pretend that his Trump vote is fair and considered?

Greenwald has spent the last several days in a rage over people being skeptical/not caring about the Hunter Biden bullshit. He's done nothing but tweet about it. It's almost like it's his full time job.

Wow, I didn't realize Greenwald was one of those types. Recent thread on twitter:

The Democratic Party and its media outlets - MSNBC, CNN, WPost/NYT - are drowning in cash. The key is to keep fear levels high: they keep everyone scared about a fascist takeover & present themselves as the only protectors. It's a model of profit and power that is not going away.

Huge swaths of US liberalism & even the left got convinced over 4 years that institutions like CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. - and neocons/right-wing operatives like David Frum, Bill Kristol, Rick Wilson - might not be perfect but they at least oppose fascism & care about democracy (lol).

This has been a huge propaganda coup for security state agencies and their life-long loyalists. They are no longer seen even on the left as what they are -- the greatest threats to democratic, liberals values & the greatest source of disinformation -- but are rather now beloved.

If Biden wins, that's going to be the power structure: a Democratic Party fully united with neocons, Bush/Cheney operatives, CIA/FBI/NSA, Wall St & Silicon Valley: presenting itself as the only protection against fascism. And much of the left will continue marching behind it.

Anyone think there's any truth in all that?

Perhaps liberals would be less concerned about a fascist takeover in this country if their president didn't speak and act like an authoritarian. Trump attempting to strong arm the states over the summer and getting slapped down by numerous governors was a turning point in this election IMO.

Blood coming out of her wherever I mean thank you Megyn!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you Megyn!

Megyn Kelly
@megynkelly

· 14h
Trump won this debate, handily. Biden wasn’t a force at all. Trump was substantive, on-point, well-tempered. Definitely helped himself, when it mattered most.

11:04 AM · Oct 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Wow, I didn't realize Greenwald was one of those types. Recent thread on twitter:

Anyone think there's any truth in all that?

No. The media does for sure sensationalize a lot but there’s no denying that Trump’s actions resemble a fascist. It’s not like they just made that up.

No. The media does for sure sensationalize a lot but there’s no denying that Trump’s actions resemble a fascist. It’s not like they just made that up.

Agreed. Though I think it’s hilarious when they claim CNN and msnbc are the ones perpetuating that trump is a fascist. Pretty sure that point of view comes independently. It’s the CNNs of this world who make people like Bill Kristol etc seem better than they are. Which the left, id argue, sees right through. They just choose to ignore it, because right now I believe it’s easy to make the statement that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I know some people posted their maps earlier which was cool to see. I know we are all nervous and cautious. But I’m starting to lean Biden/Dem landslide territory more than a nominal 310 or 320 win. The Economist and 538 have Biden winning 412 EC votes as the very close 3rd most likely outcome, at 48%. 374 is 2nd at 51%. I think this is where we are headed.

I'm glad that you're feeling optimistic because each day I feel more and more panic and dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom