US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttitieg is definitely not the direction I'd like to see Democrats going in the future, but I can't deny he has been great in these interviews lately.

[TWEET]1314005093012901888[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1314212949255319556[/TWEET]

That last one is fire. Wow.

It may not line up with whatever his ambitions are, but he would be one hell of a PressSec for Biden.

Pete is immensely talented on this stage. i'll be interested to see what role he gets in the administration if Biden wins. it seems fairly obvious that he'll play a big part. Secretary of State? UN Ambassador?

i do wonder if there's a plan to slot him in as Kamala's VP in 2024 (if they win in November, of course)

He would need to get IR credentials to be more viable as a candidate. Going to be tough for him to win anything statewide in IN, so good to find him a path forward.

I would like for Mayor Pete to challenge Ted Young in 2022 and try to become Senator Pete. Not sure if his national profile gives him a shot, and Indiana is a tough state for a Democrat running for federal office, but who knows.

Biden has now matched his previous highest polling average - +9.6

He was at 9.3-9.6 for about a week and a half from June 30th to July 11th.

So far only the regular USC tracking poll is out, but it remains at +11/+12 which is a good sign. We will see what else rolls in today.

Make that +9.8 now with just under 52% vote share.

just under 52% vote share.

We're almost in territory where Trump is definitively cooked. Depending on the model, you need between 52-54% to be in the clear (because the implication is that the # of undecideds is simply not large enough to matter).

27 days - if you're Trump, time is a ticking. If you're the rest of us, every second feels like a lifetime.

I think that Trump will do anything to get out of a town hall debate. At this point, if he can't shout and scream at whoever is around him when he is supposed to answer questions, it's not gonna fly. (no pun intended)

But the optics of Biden fielding questions from voters and addressing their concerns all by himself while Trump refuses, is really, really bad.

Especially bad, is that this debate is the only one coming up that has the ability to make a difference. The last one is like 4 days before Nov 3rd.
By that time, unless Joe takes his old shrively dick out and pees on Trump's foot, shouting I LOVE WAFFLES, then this thing is done at that late date. Hell, even if he did that it would still probably be done.

Yeah, notice how very quiet the GOP (well, aside from Don Jr. with his tweet that was shared here, apparently) has suddenly gotten with their "Biden is in cognitive decline!" bullshit? Kinda hard to make that case when your guy's the one who was in the hospital and is currently heavily medicated and relegated to staying in the White House, while Biden's out there traveling the country, having town halls, and generally keeping on with his campaigning and active as ever.

Buttitieg is definitely not the direction I'd like to see Democrats going in the future, but I can't deny he has been great in these interviews lately.

[TWEET]1314005093012901888[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1314212949255319556[/TWEET]

He had a great interview with Colbert last night, too. I hope they can find room for him in the Biden administration. It'll be very interesting to see what path his political career continues to take as time goes on.

On Walmart.com you can buy a life-size cardboard cutout of Pence. Which sure seems redundant, because he's already a cardboard cutout.

View attachment 12640

...that is...incredibly creepy. Wow.

Indeed, it seems some in the GOP are definitely seeing the writing on the wall...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-see-grim-senate-map-205147655.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vulnerable Republicans are increasingly taking careful, but clear, steps to distance themselves from President Donald Trump, one sign of a new wave of GOP anxiety that the president's crisis-to-crisis reelection bid could bring down Senate candidates across the country.

In key races from Arizona to Texas, Kansas and Maine, Republican senators long afraid of the president’s power to strike back at his critics are starting to break with the president — particularly over his handling of the pandemic — in the final stretch of the election. GOP strategists say the distancing reflects a startling erosion of support over a brutal 10-day stretch for Trump, starting with his seething debate performance when he did not clearly denounce a white supremacist group through his hospitalization with COVID-19 and attempts to downplay the virus's danger.

Even the somewhat subtle moves away from Trump are notable. For years, Republican lawmakers have been loath to criticize the president — and have gone to great lengths to dodge questions — fearful of angering Trump supporters they need to win. But with control of the Senate in the balance, GOP lawmakers appear to be shifting quickly to do what’s necessary to save their seats.

“The Senate map is looking exceedingly grim,” said one major GOP donor, Dan Eberhart.

Trump says he's a "perfect physical specimen and extremely young".

Trying to blame the Gold Star families for giving him covid. Typical of him. He loves our military!

Edit: deleting this because I am not seeing confirmation of the tweet I was quoting.

Last edited:
Gov. Whitmer: "Let me say this loud and clear. Hatred, bigotry, and violence have no place in the great state of Michigan. If you break the law or conspire to commit heinous acts of violence ... we will find you. We will hold you accountable. And we will bring you to justice."

"When our leaders speak, their words matter. They carry weight. When our leaders meet with, encourage, or fraternize with domestic terrorists, they legitimize their actions. And they are complicit."

"Thank you to our law enforcement. Thank you to the fearless FBI agents. And thank you to the brave Michigan state police troopers who participated in this operation."

She says that she hopes "these sick and depraved men" will be brought to justice.

Gonna be keepin my eyes peeled for future MI polls. :)

Oh damn. Sorry. :doh: Yes, I was really impressed with her speech. It would be a great opportunity for Biden to go to southern MI and give a speech on Trump’s encouragement that led to this plot. Tie in your white supremacists/militias and how this all started because of Trump’s dividing the country on mask wearing.

It's okay! I could've clarified :p.

That's a great idea. Yeah, Trump and his administration will be right out there to condemn Antifa and BLM and all that sort of thing, but when it comes to a plot to actually kidnap a Democratic governor...crickets. Call that out at every opportunity.

Also, apparently this group was going to target other law enforcement officials, too...so much for "Blue Lives Matter", huh? That detail needs to be front and center, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom