US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thought Harris had her moments, but I guess I was expecting some more push back and aggressiveness. Pence kept going beyond his time and the moderator let him go, and Harris took too long to point that out and request her own time.

Oh man, CNN is certainly entertaining with Santorum spewing shit...

I watched the debate on CNN, but Santorum is the reason why as soon as the debate was over I switched over to MSNBC's post-debate coverge w/Maddow, Wallace, etc.

I'm gonna call that debate a draw because all anybody is talking about is the fly that landed on Pence's head.

A lateral move overall, since he was already a laughingstock going into the debate.

Last edited:
I had a commitment, so I didn’t watch.

From the clips, she sounded pleasant, calm, and in control.

He sounds like a misogynistic oil slick.

As every hour goes by without a clear indication of Christie’s condition, the more I think he’s in serious condition or worse.

I’d call it a draw tonight. Kamala got in some good things that are bread and butter, covid, ACA. But seemed flat footed on jobs, pushing back in general on completely False accusations by Pence.
But she was calm, collected, assertive enough, and kind of let Pence just come off like the bulldozing jackass that so many women know and deal with all the time.

So I think it probably played well to women, and people of color that saw themselves represented on the world stage which is quite historic. And Pence did get in some good (although false) statements about important Midwest and PA topics.

pretty close to the CNN instant poll after the presidential debate.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1314049138237952000

What that tells me. Those numbers are pretty close to national poll numbers, and people are set in who they are backing.

Either way. the result from this debate is that it didn't do anything to move the needle either way. There will most likely be some other fuck up by Trump tomorrow that will overshadow all this anyway.

Looking through multiple headlines directly after. And the consensus is - "Mr. Vice President, I'm speaking" is the take away.

and the fly of course, but he didn't make the headlines.

LOL, that Biden tweet is great.

pretty close to the CNN instant poll after the presidential debate.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1314049138237952000

What that tells me. Those numbers are pretty close to national poll numbers, and people are set in who they are backing.

Either way. the result from this debate is that it didn't do anything to move the needle either way. There will most likely be some other fuck up by Trump tomorrow that will overshadow all this anyway.

And if this debate does cause any shift, it'll likely continue to be towards Biden/Harris, 'cause lots of people are talking about how obnoxious and rude Pence was with his constant interruptions and talking over Harris and Page.

LOL, that Biden tweet is great.

And if this debate does cause any shift, it'll likely continue to be towards Biden/Harris, 'cause lots of people are talking about how obnoxious and rude Pence was with his constant interruptions and talking over Harris and Page.

Not everyone. This tweet from a Trump advisor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harlan/status/1314022287117627392

Kamala Harris comes off as such an insufferable lying bitch. Sorry, it’s just true.

I think Pence tried to play the same gotcha game Trump played the week before, but because of his complete lack of personality he just came off as condescending and sanctimonious.

I've also never seen a live fly land on someone's head and stay there for that long unless said person was also an elephant covered in their own shit.

As someone who didn’t watch but is catching up, Harris is coming across very well in the clips/bytes.

She’s much better than Biden, let alone Trump.

Dammit.
I watched the whole debate except the dog had to go out and I missed about 2-3 minutes.
What did I miss? The fly of course

Refusing to do his job remotely, like the rest of us have been doing for 7 months now. Super relatable. Heckuva job. :up:

I think that Trump will do anything to get out of a town hall debate. At this point, if he can't shout and scream at whoever is around him when he is supposed to answer questions, it's not gonna fly. (no pun intended)

But the optics of Biden fielding questions from voters and addressing their concerns all by himself while Trump refuses, is really, really bad.

Especially bad, is that this debate is the only one coming up that has the ability to make a difference. The last one is like 4 days before Nov 3rd.
By that time, unless Joe takes his old shrively dick out and pees on Trump's foot, shouting I LOVE WAFFLES, then this thing is done at that late date. Hell, even if he did that it would still probably be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom