US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my best advice on the Q Florida poll, would be to take the avg of the last 4 A rated poll results over the past 5 days - And you get Biden +5.5. Not 11. (No one is ever going to be up 11 in FL) but I will take 5.5 any day.

+9.4 on 538 now, nearly eclipsing Joe's previous peak of +9.6 back in June. 51.6 vote share to Trump's 42.2.

I think my best advice on the Q Florida poll, would be to take the avg of the last 4 A rated poll results over the past 5 days - And you get Biden +5.5. Not 11. (No one is ever going to be up 11 in FL) but I will take 5.5 any day.

Is there a schedule for upcoming polls to be released? I figure if anyone would you know, you would. :lol:

Would be good to see a Selzer IA poll soon as that Senate seat really looks ripe for the taking when it wasn't necessarily the case a month or two ago.

So we have seen the national polling tick up considerably. Biden from 7.1 to Biden 9.4 today.
This is obviously enveloping the whole country, so I went back to the debate date to see what changes have happened in swing states from then to today. Here's what we have. Biden ticked up in every one except TX. The average over all swing states = 1 point toward Biden.

AZ - +0.5
FL - +3.0
GA - +1.2
IA - +2.0
MI - +0.3
MN - +0.3
NV - +0.8
NC - +1.3
OH - +1.7
PA - +2.3
TX - Trump +0.8
WI - +0.1

Is there a schedule for upcoming polls to be released? I figure if anyone would you know, you would. :lol:

Would be good to see a Selzer IA poll soon as that Senate seat really looks ripe for the taking when it wasn't necessarily the case a month or two ago.

The only one I know that tells what they will release soon is NYT/Sienna. Next week they will be releasing WI and MI polls.
Monmouth will say the day before.
I would like to see more IA, OH, FL, AZ, PA... I think MI doesn't really need another one over these.

The goal for GOP is to get their judges confirmed, and destroy as much of the country as possible in time for Biden.

Then they can complain loudly about fiscal responsibility in time for a red wave to come back in at 2022.

No doubt they will blame covid on Biden.

All of this makes a few assumptions

The courts don’t keep Trump in power
Trump doesn’t launch nukes as his way of taking everyone out with him

looking forward to the debate tonight.

I was thinking of something that Kamala could do to walk Pence into a gotcha moment.

Harris - We are sitting here tonight with the HEAD of the Coronavirus task Force, and I think it says a lot that we have to sit here with a plexiglass divider between us seven months after the virus first appeared.

Pence - You insisted on the plexiglass barrier Senator. (cheesy smile)

Harris - Thank you for bringing that up, because you fought against it Mr. Pence. That is a perfect analogy of what has happened during your and the presidents complete failure of this pandemic.
Denying the science, downplaying the seriousness, discouraging face masks and social distancing, and now you have 25 people in the WH with the virus and 215 thousand Americans dead.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you Heather!

Heather
@hrenee80
· 22h

I would wade though a sea of COVID infested water to vote for President Trump on November 3rd.

9:47 AM · Oct 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I think that we all know that if the results on election night are close, there is zero chance Trump or anyone else in the GOP will concede. They'll cry conspiracy, go through the courts and demand that Americans give the "time to figure out what the hell is going on." That much is clear.

I don't know what happens if he's trounced. On a personal level, he's incapable of admitting that he lost and accepting that most Americans start retching at the mere sight of him. But if it's a huge popular vote margin + a very, very clear electoral college loss + they lose the Senate, I honestly don't know what the rest of the party would do. You would have your usual Romney + Murkowski probably calling on him to concede. You'd also have the GOP Senators who are up for re-election in 2022 trying to strategize as to what's better for them in the short term. The MAGA sorts would just dig in their heels. But who will wield power on the Republican side is really up for debate.

Fox News national poll - Biden +10 (up from +5 on Sept. 13th)

Fox News poll:

National: Likely voters

Biden-Harris 53%
Trump-Pence 43%

"Biden leads Trump by 39 points among those saying coronavirus is the most important factor."

Also a St. Leo poll (not a great rated pollster) national - Biden +14 and FL Biden +6

Last edited:
Let’s see him talk live. No edits. No recordings.

He may very well be recovered but everything right now is Russia / North Korea level propaganda

I see that he's also tweeted that Kamala Harris is more of a radical leftist than "Crazy Bernie".

That's good news for those who had concerns about her record. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom