US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Yeah, the US is too freaking special to do what so many other countries have done. A country wide mask mandate, to help mitigate covid.

Orange super spreader is the divider in chief who has ignored the experts and science, mocked masks and people who wear them. And his followers imitate that. If Biden wins the Trump followers will still keep doing that. Mandate the crap out of them is what I say.

I’m pretty skeptical of Texas turning blue, but something I hadn’t noticed until now: out of the 7 polls out in the past week, Trump has only led in one (and the same poll had Biden ahead if you screened for registered rather than likely voters). Trump should still have an edge but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the closest state.

I’m pretty skeptical of Texas turning blue, but something I hadn’t noticed until now: out of the 7 polls out in the past week, Trump has only led in one (and the same poll had Biden ahead if you screened for registered rather than likely voters). Trump should still have an edge but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the closest state.

I think Trump wins Texas by a couple points and Georgia proves to be the closest state, bogged down by voter suppression and other Republican chicanery. They'll be counting/finding ballots there until Christmas.

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham's team has accused his rival of trying to "buy a Senate seat" as the incumbent Republican lags in the fundraising race.

You know what you must do.

Yeah, the US is too freaking special to do what so many other countries have done. A country wide mask mandate, to help mitigate covid.

Orange super spreader is the divider in chief who has ignored the experts and science, mocked masks and people who wear them. And his followers imitate that. If Biden wins the Trump followers will still keep doing that. Mandate the crap out of them is what I say.

Your federal penalty for non-compliance is what?

this map is pretty much impossible, thankfully.

if NC and PA go for biden then as per 538 the chances of each of those 3 midwestern states individually being red is 2% or less (less than 1% for MI). a blue iowa alone puts trump's chances at >1% in each of WI/MI/MN.

this is a fun map tool to play with: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-election-map/?cid=abcnews

I absolutely in every way challenge 538s predictive analytics for scenario based odds for starts, and would also love to point out that when it comes to probabilities, every map is a low likelihood.

On the note of PA versus MI/OH/WI, Biden has been pushing the Scranton appeal, hovering over the state, and has been outpacing other midwestern state polls. Also, PA is otherwise containing a city that isn’t midwestern city... Philadelphia. Those NE cities are angrier and more populous.

I think Trump will win the Midwest, marginally, but not PA because of the Philadelphia factor.

Your federal penalty for non-compliance is what?

That’s now how most national mandates work anywhere else, but I’m not sure whether I need to tell you that or you’re being purposely obtuse.

A national mandate typically works in a way that it is endorsed at the national level (with various regional/state/provincial governor equivalents supporting it by way of unanimous agreement) and then it is actually passed and endorsed at the city/county level.

But of course you have many similarly obtuse GOP governors who would rather have people and businesses die than require that their citizens suffer the indignity of wearing a thin piece of cloth across their face when shopping/working, etc indoors. For all your talk of snowflakes...

I absolutely in every way challenge 538s predictive analytics for scenario based odds for starts, and would also love to point out that when it comes to probabilities, every map is a low likelihood.

On the note of PA versus MI/OH/WI, Biden has been pushing the Scranton appeal, hovering over the state, and has been outpacing other midwestern state polls. Also, PA is otherwise containing a city that isn’t midwestern city... Philadelphia. Those NE cities are angrier and more populous.

I think Trump will win the Midwest, marginally, but not PA because of the Philadelphia factor.
The pandemic has been the single strongest negative influence on his polling and it has never been worse than it currently is in the midwest, particularly Wisconsin, a present epicenter. He barely won WI and MI the first time around against a much less popular candidate with a sub-50% overall vote share.

That’s now how most national mandates work anywhere else, but I’m not sure whether I need to tell you that or you’re being purposely obtuse.

A national mandate typically works in a way that it is endorsed at the national level (with various regional/state/provincial governor equivalents supporting it by way of unanimous agreement) and then it is actually passed and endorsed at the city/county level.

But of course you have many similarly obtuse GOP governors who would rather have people and businesses die than require that their citizens suffer the indignity of wearing a thin piece of cloth across their face when shopping/working, etc indoors. For all your talk of snowflakes...

Hope you're well.

The pandemic has been the single strongest negative influence on his polling and it has never been worse than it currently is in the midwest, particularly Wisconsin, a present epicenter. He barely won WI and MI the first time around against a much less popular candidate with a sub-50% overall vote share.

Yep. I was in northern Wisconsin last weekend on vacation, normally very conservative bit there were Biden signs all over which was a really big surprise.

Black lives matter as a movement has, in my theory, caused voter engagement to skyrocket.

Overrating Covid, underrating the new source of voters. I’m in Florida right now and have been up and down the whole coast. Trump signs everywhere. Young and old are indoctrinated. Mask usage is down and Fox News echos in the streets. It’s easy to not be responsible when you can lie to yourself and take the easy way out.

Voting on the basis of Covid is a *losing effort* for democrats because people are enticed by the fools gold that paints a bright future next month, and they don’t give a fuck about the reality of all the dead people because they don’t think it’ll be them.

It’s cute when you get caught in the little web you think you’ve cleverly spun and then pull this passive aggressive thing.

The right have nothing. They have been exposed for what they are, nothing but greed and hatred.

No defense. No solutions. Just own the libs. No policy, hurt their own base to make a point.

At least on the left side of things there’s a debate on how to govern and make the world a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom