US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #641
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
I wish his dad had pulled out.
Next thread title

Old 10-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #642
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and Trump is already trying to pull out.

https://twitter.com/BillStepien/stat...69143884435456
Quote:
"Indeed, almost all of them were discussed at length during the first debate won by President Trump over moderator Chris Wallace and candidate Joe Biden."
lol.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #643
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
lol.
Right?

These people are walking parodies of themselves.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #644
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Bold to claim that Trump won that debate when it inarguably tanked his poll numbers.

Oh, right, those are fake. I forgot.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:35 PM   #645
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:46 AM
A man who’s been a public servant for more than half of his life, dedicated to the well being of others and has been nothing but pure class...

Is wanted dead by almost half the country.

That’s America now
Old 10-19-2020, 07:43 PM   #646
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Why is Trump pushing so hard to confirm a replacement for RBG before the election?

Quote:
The Supreme Court Monday night allowed Pennsylvania election officials to count mail-in ballots received up to three days after Election Day, refusing a Republican request to stop a pandemic-related procedure approved by the state’s supreme court.

The court was tied, but that means a request to put the state’s court ruling on hold failed. The court’s four most conservative justices — Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr., Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh — said they would have granted the stay.

But it takes five votes to issue a stay, and that means Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. sided with liberal Justices Stephen G. Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.

Neither side explained the vote, which often is the case in emergency requests.
Ohh yeah, that's why.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I’m guessing we aren’t going to have to wait long to hear that Trump isn’t going to debate because the far left-wing Debate Commission mob (aka Antifa) has put this rule in place.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fawfulfan...41429781950464

Ps. The title is misleading, they will both have their mics muted during the 2. Minute speaking periods
Old 10-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #648
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Why is Trump pushing so hard to confirm a replacement for RBG before the election?

Ohh yeah, that's why.
Chants of Lock Roberts Up incoming...
Old 10-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #649
More 5G Than Man

Trump has no self awareness whatsoever, so he doesn't realize that being forced to shut the fuck up for 2 minutes is ultimately doing him a favor. The people he needs to convince have no interest in watching another shouting match with Biden.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #650
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Trump has no self awareness whatsoever, so he doesn't realize that being forced to shut the fuck up for 2 minutes is ultimately doing him a favor. The people he needs to convince have no interest in watching another shouting match with Biden.

I disagree. A debate where Donald Trump has to be level-headed and not doing improv is where he loses for sure.

His ability to talk over you is what neutralizes you. Biden did a fantastic job in the first debate of absolutely not letting Trump talk over him, which made the whole thing a giant mess. Clinton and the whole republican primary field let him bowl over them.

Trump is at a disadvantage if he can’t silence you with his but ugly gob.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #651
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Ohh yeah, that's why.
Having a Federal Court overrule the highest State court on how to interpret State law is what the founders really had in mind.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #652
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Oh we're tired, alright.
*snort* heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
And that's what pisses him off, because he's a narcissistic man-child. I haven't seen the interview, but apparently Dr. Fauci let it rip (in his usual careful way) about Trump on 60 Minutes.
Yeah, he did. In his lower key manner.

Quote:

Ohh yeah, that's why.
You forgot the -

amiright
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Chants of Lock Roberts Up incoming...
Old 10-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #653
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I disagree. A debate where Donald Trump has to be level-headed and not doing improv is where he loses for sure.

His ability to talk over you is what neutralizes you. Biden did a fantastic job in the first debate of absolutely not letting Trump talk over him, which made the whole thing a giant mess. Clinton and the whole republican primary field let him bowl over them.

Trump is at a disadvantage if he can’t silence you with his but ugly gob.
These debates aren't about winners and losers in a debate club sense anymore. We're way past that. "Undecided voters" are still holding out for the possibility that Trump will simply act like a human being for 90 minutes. A structured format is more likely to provide him that opportunity.

Trump's poll numbers fell off a cliff after the first debate not because intelligence and policy ruled the day, but because he made an ass of himself, and that isn't as accepted in 2020 as it was in 2016.

At least that's the way I see it. I would argue temperament is more important than policy in the wake of 2020's horrors.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #654
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Let’s be honest though. Trump will still do one thing that he did last time. The moderator will ask him a question, give him 2 minutes to answer and he will not answer but instead go into a raving red-faced rant, responding responding to something Biden said before, transitioning into a flurry of insane lies and accusations.
The problem with the mic mute, is that they didn’t give 90 second rebutted last time. So Trump can lie for a full 2 minutes over and over again, and Biden can’t rebuttt. That’s not a good thing.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #655
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
These debates aren't about winners and losers in a debate club sense anymore. We're way past that. "Undecided voters" are still holding out for the possibility that Trump will simply act like a human being for 90 minutes. A structured format is more likely to provide him that opportunity.

Trump's poll numbers fell off a cliff after the first debate not because intelligence and policy ruled the day, but because he made an ass of himself, and that isn't as accepted in 2020 as it was in 2016.

At least that's the way I see it. I would argue temperament is more important than policy in the wake of 2020's horrors.

Hard to separate the debate from his illness when looking at the polls. Historically debates cause small shifts, and I would bet a big part of his decline was getting COVID after acting irresponsibly.

Also, it may have been more accepted in 2016 because of his opponent, not because of any inherent trait. Though he does seem a bit more unhinged than usual lately.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #656
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You’re right that it’s not about debate club victories. But I disagree that it’s about temperament. I believe it’s about appearing strong - or more importantly, projecting weakness. Clinton let Trump make her look small, weak, and defensive. So did Jeb!, Kasich, and Rubio. Biden didn’t let that happen, he made the debate about how absurd Trump was behaving and quite literally told him to shut up.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:52 PM   #657
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I reiterate that we can’t tell anything from early voting numbers yet, but one thing that is hopeful is that so far, black voting numbers are up. 1% in AZ, 3% in FL, while white voting is down 3-4% in each of those states.
Hispanic numbers are both the same as 2016.

NC, SC and GA are also seeing surges of black voters. But I have no specific numbers.

So as it stands, two things look good. Very high turnout and higher African American participation.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:23 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I reiterate that we can’t tell anything from early voting numbers yet, but one thing that is hopeful is that so far, black voting numbers are up. 1% in AZ, 3% in FL, while white voting is down 3-4% in each of those states.
Hispanic numbers are both the same as 2016.

NC, SC and GA are also seeing surges of black voters. But I have no specific numbers.

So as it stands, two things look good. Very high turnout and higher African American participation.

This is where the “Trump is getting 30%+ of the black vote” delusions come into play.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:07 AM   #659
Blue Crack Distributor

I will not feel confident that Biden is going to win until probably around mid March 2021
Old 10-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #660
Blue Crack Addict

He's just having fun...

TheHill.com

Exxon Mobil on Monday sought to clarify a "hypothetical" conversation mentioned by President Trump at a campaign rally in which Trump said he could easily call on the company's executive to raise millions in campaign contributions.

"We are aware of the President's statement regarding a hypothetical call with our CEO...and just so we're all clear, it never happened," ExxonMobil tweeted just a few hours after the rally.

At the rally in Arizona on Monday afternoon, Trump had said he could easily out-fundraise Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden if he just reached out to oil and Wall Street executives.

"Don't forget, I'm not bad at that stuff anyway, and I'm president. So I call some guy, the head of Exxon. I call the head of Exxon. I don't know," Trump said before playing out a conversation.

"How are you doing? How's energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits?" he said. "When I call the head of Exxon I say, 'You know, I'd love [for you] to send me $25 million for the campaign.' 'Absolutely sir.' "

"I will hit a home run every single call. I would raise a billion dollars in one day if I wanted to. I don't want to do that," he said.

Trump had made the comment as a theoretical scenario as he discussed fundraising at the rally. Trump has trailed Biden in fundraising totals heading toward the final two weeks of the campaign.

Federal law prohibits soliciting campaign contributions in exchange for specific policy outcomes or other quid pro quos.

Trump's comments later trended on Twitter under the hashtag #QuidProQuo.